Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arrrny

Why is my face so dry?

I've gotten used to differin i know that cuz ive been on it for 6 and half weeks and it dosesnt burn or itch anymore but how come everytime i use cetaphil gentle cleasner my face just drys up so much and peels a bit? Is it becuz i added 2.5 % BP to my regimen 6 days ago and BP is drying? Should i just take a day off for BP or what? thx

yeh its the bp. i started using persagel 10% like 5 days ago, i started applying it allover my face, but extremely sparingly, im talking maybe a 2 peas worth of cream for my entire face and altho its helped to kill the zits its SO DRYING so the last 2 days i havent use it but my skin is still dry.

Its getting better but still dry...i just spot treat with the persagel now before bed. My mouth area is quite dry tho..

When I first started 2.5% bp, my face was extremely dry, and I started with a very small amount. I can only imagine how bad it could get when using Differin too. Just make sure to use a lot of moisturizer regularly.

yeah im taking this day off and putting moistirizer on throughout the day and i will see waht its like tommorow.. It feels like i have a mask on my face when i put the BP on but that will go away as i will get used to the BP. I use cetaphil moisterizing cream. Is that a good one or should i get a different one?

Definitely moisturize! I can't imagine being on BP and differin at the same time and not having my face peel off. Moisturize in the mornings 15 minutes after you apply the BP, and put more on throughout the day as needed.

I used PanOxyl (5% BP and some other medicated shit mixed together) without moisturizing over night, BAD BAD idea. My face was all cracked and red and blah :doh: