Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm using the CSR now with Cetaphil, Dan's bp, and Olay moisturizer. I have more red marks than acne and after I went to the dermatolgist, she gave me Differin to try. I wanted to know if there is a difference between Differin and Retina, or is one stronger than the other.

It also was sorta confusing on how I apply Differin. Should I stop using the CSR now and instead use Differin in the morning and a stronger BP at night? I heard Differin or Retina helps red marks but does it also help prevent acne?

Differin is pretty similar to retin-a, differin is a man made retinoid. You can use differin/BP in the morning at the other one at night, if you want. Its best to experiment and see whats best for you

You might break out from differin cuz it works on the unseen pimples under your skin for some weeks. so i WOULDNT use it because i think your acne will get worse if you do cuz it sure hell did to mine and still is worse at week 6 here. I do like differin for the softness that it gives your skin and it feels nice on your face and doesnt cause irritation or burning when you apply it (btw i use differin cream not the gel). If you really want to go on it be prepared to breakout i say.

Differin and Retin-a are very similar, but in general differin causes the least irritation of the two. It will probably take at least a month to start improving acne..and it will likely get a bit worse before it gets better. I think it's a good medication...you just have to wait out the initial breakout. But of course it just varies from person to person what works for them!

It also helps with redmarks since it increases the rate of skin cell turnover.