Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trenem

Lipitor while on accutane?

My cholesterol levels went way up since starting tane, doc recommended maybe taking lipitor. She wants to wait 1 more month before prescribing it but has anyone else had to do this??

I've heard of people taking this during their course. I was wondering what your starting cholestoral was? Does it run in your family? What is your weight/dosage? Thanks!

i got fat on orotane. i seriously got selulite and i had a six pack before i started orotane. son as i finished i have lost a rediculous amount of wieght

sorry I don't have an answer to your question but got one of my own

before starting accutane my derm said that my tryglysides sp? were in the border line. I've tried watching my diet since starting accutane but I've been eating foods like pizza etc often recently. Is that something I should be worried about?

I had high triglycerides beofre staring so I wonder what they are now

No offense, Jaybo but you seem to blame Accutane for EVERYTHING. Cellulite? Accutane can't possibly have given you cellulite... as it is toxins trapped in fat tissue underneath the adipose tissue (which is like, the layer under your skin u can pick up if u pull ur skin up.) The cellulite is underneath THAT, and you are born with it, it is strictly heredity that determines if you'll have it, and no pill in the world can give it to you. So, you would have that even if you didn't take accutane. Unless it was your imagination. Do you still have the cellulite? If you don't- it wasn't that, because it doesn't go away regardless of weight loss or weight gain.

Anyway.. My cholestoral is like 182 I think.. Is that high?

I don't think 182 is high. My cholesterol was just fine before I started, its over 200 now but can't remember exactly. She blurted the numbers of soo quickly but my triglycerides went up like 50 points.

I don't really think I have a family history of high cholesterol. Mom is diabetic. Started gestational and never went away. If my counts are still high at my next appointment I am def going to ask what that all means and what normal is. Too bad that is a month away!

I am 5'6'' 120 lbs. Very thin, never been overweight, I eat relatively healthy, balanced meals. my tri's were borderline high before I started as well. Now they are far past borderline.

Anyone have suggestions for keeping down levels other than diet and exercise?

Hi there. My doc just put me on lipitor as well. I'm 5'4'' and weigh 115. My cholesterol was 215 when I started accutane 2 months ago and now its 248. I've tried watching my diet, but it didnt help. She said that its hereditary. Cardio, in combonation w/ a clean diet might help...and if you smoke, quitting will lower your cholesterol. My derm wont up my dosage until my numbers go down, so she recommended the lipitor. Dont worry too much about it, your numbers will go back down once your course is done.

Thanks for the tip. I don't smoke and I eat pretty healthy as it is. I would probably benefit from working out but I have to do it the old fasioned way, outside. I teach and school was cancelled today due to weather so I am not going outside today!