Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

And of course that's an understatement. Whatever I do I just *can't* make myself look PRESENTABLE!

Needless to say I'm always overlooked by other people.

Just how, how how what do I do.

And of course that's an understatement. Whatever I do I just *can't* make myself look PRESENTABLE!

just buy a new top or somethin, and listen to some great music, and smile to yourself, and u should feel better. im always feelin like that, but u just have to brush it away :cool:

Hey Hammie,

I feel ya. Just for some background information, I'm a leader in two international youth organizations and I have to speak to a lot of people, and attend many events. Its VERY difficult to keep up the self esteem with acne.

Well, one time when I was feeling down about myself I went to one of the conferences I was scheduled to attend. There I met an adult member whose face was deranged. Then I got to thinking...I will look better one day, and no one will know I ever looked like this.

My advice is to do the best you can to look presentable, people WON'T remember you looked like this, and it will go away in a few years. As I said, I've been there before. I think some of my prescription medicines have been helping, and I'm starting to feel semi-alive, lol.

Good luck!

just buy a new top or somethin, and listen to some great music, and smile to yourself, and u should feel better. im always feelin like that, but u just have to brush it away :cool:

Everyone feels better with some new clothes, hair nicely gel'd and a big ole' smile :D

i know how you feel. over the last year i grew out of almost ALL of my jeans, only like 2 fit me nicely. Im 20 btw so i mus thave had a late growth spurt or something.

Also im growing my hair out, its maybe half an inch long all around and looks like pure shit. i cant do anything with its all ugly right now PLUS my skin is dry as fuck from bp usage and i have scabby spots that have dried up.

I feel quite ugly lol

I feel ugly 24/7 just feel worse when i see my reflection in the mirror. :(

if ur buying a new top though, just watch the changing room mirrors i was in river island changing rooms today (got a few things) eh i looked a right mess.

if ur buying a new top though, just watch the changing room mirrors i was in river island changing rooms today (got a few things) eh i looked a right mess.

yeah i cant buy new clothes cos the changin rooms lights are so bad that my acne looks terrible. i avoid shops. i order in to try on at home.

I feel ugly too :(

for god sake posh you are a goodlooking guy with a great toned body.

don't beat yourself up so unnecessarily

Guest Tenshi

and we all look ugly in change rooms..:) so dont worry... just buy some clothes that suit u..with colours that look good..

sometimes a healthy lifestyl can make u feel better..im on this phase where im juicing up watermelon every morning...then later my acne drink...cucumber and carrot...drinking water..exercising...looking after yourself..it all makes u feel much better at the end of the day..whereas junk food and thinking all the time, sleeping, living in a messy room..used to drag me down and feel worse...feeling good and living in cleanliness is a really good motivator..

I really can't remember the last time I felt pretty... except maybe the time I bought some thick new makeup and walked out into the family room and my baby sister goes, "WOW! Where did your acne go?" I think that was the closest.

I feel like my acne is always on display. Gross.

I always feel no matter what I do, I look ugly. Doesn't matter how much make up I put on. Even if I get my hair done or buy new clothes, I still always feel I look like shit in the end.

Acne is such a horrible thing.

The only time I ever think I look good is when I photoshop my skin. But then that only makes me cry in the end knowing how I could look if I wasn't cursed with this disease. And then there's the fear I may never be free from it.

I always feel no matter what I do, I look ugly. Doesn't matter how much make up I put on. Even if I get my hair done or buy new clothes, I still always feel I look like shit in the end.

The only time I ever think I look good is when I photoshop my skin. But then that only makes me cry in the end knowing how I could look if I wasn't cursed with this disease. And then there's the fear I may never be free from it.

really kanmi :whistle: u serously should just go lookin in the mirror, u look amazing stop trying for profection, nobodys perfect.

See u go on about urself like that, then u say i look good and then just see my skin against urs, your kinda contradicting urself.

Your as perfect looking as can be :wub:

alot of the time i feel ugly even *with* makeup on.. i think thats when i start feeling pretty hopeless.. =T

Guest Tenshi

alot of the time i feel ugly even *with* makeup on.. i think thats when i start feeling pretty hopeless.. =T

ive felt ugly with makeup on....until someone did it professionally for me 1 day..its amazing what can be doe with the right colours and tools..i think we all feel ugly at times..its normal..

I feel ugly with make up on too. Forgot that.

Thanks all. There're quite a number of things that are currently irreversible: my bad haircut (there's no remedy for this now since there's little hair left to be cut), my dull skin, my acne skin....... it doesn't help that I can't wear contacts so I'm stuck with glasses. Whatever I do can't seem to make up for them. I look a mess, still.

I often feel quite ugly. Sure, it could be worse, but it could be better too lol.

I felt kinda pretty on my wedding day (avatar pic). But I got lucky with good lighting and soft focus pictures so you can't see my acne, yay! lol I was especially worried because my husbands skin is PERFECT, so I look especially bad next to him lol.

There are days I cry because I feel so bad. Then I feel guilty and vain for caring so much! <sigh>

hammie: Glasses are NOT a bad thing. Find the right frame that suits you and you will look like a million bucks. A lot of people find glasses really sexy ;)

Thanks all. There're quite a number of things that are currently irreversible: my bad haircut (there's no remedy for this now since there's little hair left to be cut), my dull skin, my acne skin....... it doesn't help that I can't wear contacts so I'm stuck with glasses. Whatever I do can't seem to make up for them. I look a mess, still.

Right ok so you don't have the best credentials atm, but....you got to work at things ini, if you got those things wrong with you, what can do you do to raise yourself a lil? "cough weight train" :whistle:

I'm a girl, I'm a girl, I'm a girl....

shit my bad, well you could still do the same, say tone up prehaps? (assuming your not toned already) then prehaps a crop top to show it off :dance: