Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nho1993

dry and flakey skin

i use to ave oily skin but all of a sudden my skin is dry and very flakey(like skin is peeling). im on a antibiotic called doxycycline. in some dry areas it hurts a little when you touch it, is this normal and what creams do you reccomend?

hey i saw your picture of your face a little while ago and you were talking about what medication you should take.. i jsut wanna know how its working for you? is your face getting any better.. you should pm me pictures of your face once a week. Also i think that thats normal because my friend also takes that and he used to get dry skin but his doc just said to put moistirizer on in the mornings.

hey i saw your picture of your face a little while ago and you were talking about what medication you should take.. i jsut wanna know how its working for you? is your face getting any better.. you should pm me pictures of your face once a week. Also i think that thats normal because my friend also takes that and he used to get dry skin but his doc just said to put moistirizer on in the mornings.

Hey

I know what you talking about, it worked a little but not much, i couldnt get anymore supplies so thats why i went to the doc and i am now on my second day of doxycycline antibiotics, so cant really say if it works because of te short time. He sayd i must see him in 1month and if theres not much improvement he will increase my dosage from 50mg to 100mg, he also sayd i would be taking these antibiotics for 3-6months. i asked him to put me on accutane but he refused to put me on accutane :(. ill start pming you pics every friday.

i use to ave oily skin but all of a sudden my skin is dry and very flakey(like skin is peeling). im on a antibiotic called doxycycline. in some dry areas it hurts a little when you touch it, is this normal and what creams do you reccomend?

No creams! Best moisturizer I've ever found is clear emu oil. I buy mine from Diana Yvonne (see link in my signature)

LionQueen, I was just curious if you have tried skinbiology Emu Oil S (also sold at DianaYvonne) and if so, what you thought of it compared to the Clear Emu Oil. Glad to hear things are going great with your skin :)

alright thx alot NHO i am excited to see your photos and progress.. if you want to see my progress just click on my name and go to my gallery and you will see how SLOW differin is working for me. Just about 7 th week and there is no improvement from baseline. infact it is worse but i am going to give it the whole 12 weeks. I might end up only doing 9 and a half weeks of differin due to my trip to costa rica.. i am going to put on suncreen and wear a hat but i am still going to get sun so if i get burnt at all i cant use differin and im pretty much screwed. then when i get back i am giong to go to the doctor and get something different if i didnt use differin the whole time i was gone

Hey nho you should send me picture right now so i can see your acne. i saw it like 3 weeks ago but you should show me it now so i can see if it has gotten worse or better. just pm me pictures of your face everytime you take a pic. thx

I have the exact same problem!!!

Be thankful your "best friend" doesn't point it out and grimace every day.

I reccomend purpose daily moisturizing lotion w/ SPF. It's light but moisturizing. If you're severely dry, you can use a deep moisture product, like nivea or something and wash it off after a while. Also, using clinique's clarifying lotion (it's really more like a toner) can de-flake skin dramatically.

Good Luck!!!

I used to be on doxycycline. Although it didn't dry me out, many other things have dried me out and left me flakey and sometimes raw. It sucks. The most important thing is to moisturize and cleanse gently. If you do those things you can probably stop the flaking. It has worked for me. I only flake when I am stupid enough to not moisturize. Which is rare, now.

Good luck!!!