Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest Akira

this is interesting, i will try it tomorrow night, as i've already washed my face and put stuff on it tonight and i dont want to deviate from this method. will tell results 2 days from now

I want to try this too as I am always looking for somthing to kill the acne on my neck! Only place I get it and a little on my jaw line. I have duct and masking tape so think I will try this tonight just hope my hubby doesn't get a good look at me!!! he will really think I have gone off the deep end! Yes would like to see pic's of you with the tape on and congrats on finding something that is easy,simple and cheap to boot that works! Necessity is the mother of invention.

do you think this would work if you use retin-a every night? or should you just use a wash and then the tape. With Retin-A AND tape it may be a little too harsh, right?

I think you'd very likely rip some skin off if you used tape on skin that is being treated with Retin A.

hah okay... even if it's only .04%? I'm switching to .10% soon.

First off, there is no "cure" to acne.. so right off the bat your thread is spamming up the forums with it's title of bullshit.

The closest thing to an acne "cure" is accutane, and to be honest many would laugh at that statement.

It's great your skin is getting clear, but don't spread around false info. :hand:

I heard of people using a specific type of tape on warts and such and it gets rid of them..

but yeah congrats! That is awesome! I am so happy you found something that works for you!

Duct tape ;) Works wonders..

Hi everyone...

You should all put something powerful on your face before you try this method , like bp or I use clearsil ultra... dry up then put the tape on where new pimples seem to be ressurecting and put it on old pimples... put the tape on tightly around the pimple.. and make sure its a good tape, just use ordinary white paper tape... duct tape is to thin and irritating... dont use bandaids!

Do exactly what Im doing and it has to work for you too.

Today because my face was clear I pigged out on junk food and on my right neck 2 pimples I found a ressurecting... the tape will be on them... tommorow these pimples will be shrunk and gone.

This is the perfect prevention method... if you got good eyes at night... then you will never have a big pimple with this method EVER AGAIN...NEVER AGAIN...

Sufferers of severe acne may take some time to see results...

I will take a pic of me when I tape up tonight and post it tommorow when IM on, I have two pimples on my far right cheek, they will be getting crushed tonight.

Hi everyone...

You should all put something powerful on your face before you try this method , like bp or I use clearsil ultra... dry up then put the tape on where new pimples seem to be ressurecting and put it on old pimples... put the tape on tightly around the pimple.. and make sure its a good tape, just use ordinary white paper tape... duct tape is to thin and irritating... dont use bandaids!

Today because my face was clear I pigged out on junk food and on my right neck 2 pimples I found a ressurecting... the tape will be on them... tommorow these pimples will be shrunk and gone.

This is the perfect prevention method... if you got good eyes at night... then you will never have a big pimple with this method EVER AGAIN...NEVER AGAIN...

I will take a pic of me when I tape up tonight and post it tommorow when IM on, I have two pimples on my far right cheek, they will be getting crushed tonight.

I think i'm the only one here who finds that idea totaly retarded, how in tha hell did you even come across that idea, was you really that bored? and what happened to that girl

Ok, re-read this today and wanted to know a few things. You don't put bp or sa on the spot before you tape do you? I would think that it would rip the skin off with that stuff on. I just use a neem soap on my face for acne beings its for acne and then just put the tape on it? All I have it duct tape and don't want to chance the nasty storm thats hitting us today to go to wal mart for the masking tape. Also how long was it before you saw results or did I miss that in your firt post? And please, pics of the tape at night! you know how curious we all are and to have the exact tape and method that works is very important. I also am desperate to get rid of the zits on my neck! Thanks!

Its proven that the p.acnes bacteria thrive in an enviroment that lacks oxygen, it putting tape on it hinders that I cant believe its true, however if it is working for you, than GREAT, it seems as though we dont bash other people for odd methods....and p.s. why would anyone ask him how he came across this? How did we ever discover that milk from a cows tit was good...someone had to do it! Or who ever thought by eating those mushrooms under that heaping pile of horse shit would give you such a high...lol Im not bashing anyone, but If it works for him great

ok so last night i had a beeeeg spot... put selotape on it, and this morning it was considerably better! almost completely flattened and skin was all smooth where the selotape had been. Will test for a few more days before im convinced though...

Hi everyone...

I think i'm the only one here who finds that idea totaly retarded, how in tha hell did you even come across that idea, was you really that bored? and what happened to that girl

Yeah, it's so retarded that it worked perfectly for him. :rolleyes:

There's probably a logical explanation for why it worked for him...hell, what's one of the best things you can do for wounds? APPLY PRESSURE.

Its proven that the p.acnes bacteria thrive in an enviroment that lacks oxygen, it putting tape on it hinders that I cant believe its true, however if it is working for you, than GREAT, it seems as though we dont bash other people for odd methods....and p.s. why would anyone ask him how he came across this? How did we ever discover that milk from a cows tit was good...someone had to do it! Or who ever thought by eating those mushrooms under that heaping pile of horse shit would give you such a high...lol Im not bashing anyone, but If it works for him great

Interesting--I thought of this myself, but then I realized that tape really doesn't "block oxygen." Hell, the sole reason we apply benzoyl peroxide is to kill bacteria by "exposing them to oxygen"...my guess is that oxygen goes through the tape just fine, and then the BP is on and locked in, so it enhances the absorption or something.

First off, there is no "cure" to acne.. so right off the bat your thread is spamming up the forums with it's title of bullshit.

The closest thing to an acne "cure" is accutane, and to be honest many would laugh at that statement.

It's great your skin is getting clear, but don't spread around false info. :hand:

Ok your a mod... that doesnt give you a license to be A DICK!

Ok your a mod... that doesnt give you a license to be A DICK!

Totally AGREED. That was a very rude post.

I'm gonna try this stuff tonight, but since I don't have masking tape I'll use a replacement.

How many time I have to say, dont leave the DAMN soap on your face!.. you dry it up clean then put tape... then the tape keeps that area clean without any air hitting that acne thus eliminating even an atoms worth of irritation.... err from air.