Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QualityAssurance

taking a break from washing your face, bad idea?

Hey my skin has been very sensitive to the point of breaking out in rashes for a while (in certain areas) after I wash.. like I'll come out of the shower and my skin is all pink/red and angry then it itches for days.. I need it to heal so I havent washed it, just my hair. My skin seems fairly dry but not irritated.. I got a few small zits but I really don't think its related to taking a few days off. Should I just splash cold water on my face for a while before I jump back into my routine? thanks

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

What face wash were you using?

If you were using something to wash your face with then try washing your face with only water, maybe your skin will be better this way. I wash my face with water only and it's fantastic *but that's just me* ;)

try dove for sensitive skin hypo allergenic non comodogenice fragrance free

its very very mild and has moisturizing lotion

its reallly good for sensitive skin

and wash your face only two times a day..morning and night with warm water (not too hot or cold)

try dove for sensitive skin hypo allergenic non comodogenice fragrance free

its very very mild and has moisturizing lotion

its reallly good for sensitive skin

and wash your face only two times a day..morning and night with warm water (not too hot or cold)

I was using that... its just the right side of my face on my cheek thats messed up. It looks ok now after using hydrocortizone for a few days, at least its not itchy anymore, just a bit of a red hue. Warm water is supposed to open your pores but if im just using water should I try cold water?

Hmm wish I could tell you whether it would be okay or not but I don't really know if it would help or make it worse. Don't use very hot or cold water. I heard someplace that its not good for sensitive skin.

Use water thats a little cold.

Key words less is better that also includes less time in the shower / bath too keep baths and showers less than 5mins and dont wash ur face. DO 2 weeks of this and i can pretty much tell u acne will improve.

But c'mon who wants to jump in jump out of a nice warm soothing, refreshing shower after a long hard day??...not mem I doubt anyone would want to. I am a qucikie compared to others. I take about 5 to min, and 15 min max.

I am sorry but I can't give up my relaxing time, where I unwind all my thoughts just because of my acne..

I stopped when I was clear because my face wash was out, now i've broken out again on the left side of my face.

If you were using something to wash your face with then try washing your face with only water, maybe your skin will be better this way. I wash my face with water only and it's fantastic *but that's just me* ;)

That's what I do too, and it's been pretty good so far.

I stopped when I was clear because my face wash was out, now i've broken out again on the left side of my face.

:think: Dya think having it on one particular side of your face may be something to do with your pillowcase? How often do you change it?