Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
barbie

My Quest for Perfect Skin

I started a bio oil diary a few weeks a go, but it was not suiting my skin. I have quite a few scars, some of them very recent. I have noticed one thing looking at my face, it is oily, but it is also very dry (if that makes sense) there are flaky and cracked patches of skin on my face, and where the scars are they are very very dry looking. I have decided that I am going to try everything I can to improve my skin. As my skin is looking so dry I will start off treating that. I have bought some aqueous BP cream from Boots, which is for the treatment of dry skin. So this week I will start off by using that.

Regime

Morning:

Wash face with The Body Shop seaweed face wash.

Apply aqueous BP cream to scars and any dry patches.

Night:

Wash face with The Body Shop seaweed face wash.

Apply aqueous BP cream to scars and any dry patches.

END OF WEEK ONE

My skin is not dry and flaky any more so the cream worked. But, now the dry skin has gone my skin looks so much worse, the scars/marks are really deep in colour, and I can see so many dents in my skin. When I look in the mirror it makes me cry :(

I am going to stop using the aqueous BP moisteriser now as my skin is well moisterised and I don't want to clog my pores. This week I am just going to carry on washing my face with the cleanser, and that is it. I am not going to put anything on my face for the whole of this week.

hey barbie, i'm questing in the same thing as u, i'm assuming u just got off the 'tane. anyways, dont use bp, its to treat acne not scars... try olay sensitive skin with chamomile... i'm using that, its' not bad, but im not sayin its great either. keep ur head up hunz

hey barbie, i'm questing in the same thing as u, i'm assuming u just got off the 'tane. anyways, dont use bp, its to treat acne not scars... try olay sensitive skin with chamomile... i'm using that, its' not bad, but im not sayin its great either. keep ur head up hunz

for Asian is different...

do not apply oilly thing on your face....

acne will show up....thrust me

Thanks for the replies guys. This week my face still looks awful. I am going to try rubbing sudocrem into my scars/marks this week. My friend uses this on spots and said it is good, not sure if it will help at all with scars though. It says skin healing on the tub so I guess its worth a try. Just hope it does not clog my pores as it looks quite thick.

END OF WEEK 3

So far there is no change in my skin. The dryness has gone but the marks/scars look the same. I have bought some products from lush that I am going to try.

My new regime:

Morning:

Wash face with Lush baby face soap

Exfoliate with Lush angels on bare skin exfoliator

Evening:

Wash face with Lush baby face soap

For some reason my acne has started to come back. I have come out in cysts and spots so I am going to have to abandon my scar treatments as i need to concentrate on getting rid of acne again now. It is so unfair, I though it had gone. I can't believe it has come back. I have been off dianette a year now so i don't know why it has took this long to return? I am going to try using BP.