Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Studly_44

Use this for redness & Irritation, GREAT FIND

Alright, I have had acne for quite some time and it kept getting worse and worse over the years, anyway I took accutane and It was the best thing that ever happened to me, I don't care what anyone says about it, it is a great product. Well, to get to the point, after I had taken accutane most of my acne dissapeared and I was left with a whole lotta redness and irritation and dry skin. Well, I was about to go out to the lake one day when I stopped at the store to get some sunscreen for my face. I came across this Banana Boat Faces Plus sunscreen. I bought it and gave it a try. The instant I put this on my skin started to burn, almost to the point that It was unbearable. I had no idea what was going on, but the pain eventually faded into a bunch of tiny prickly feelings all over my face. After I finished my time at the lake, I went home and took a shower, when I got out of the shower I looked in the mirror and the redness and irritation and discoloration of my face was 60% better, no lie. So the next night I slathered a bunch on, (i guess if you dont put enough on it doesn't seem to work as well) and woke up the next morning and it was again, a lot better, even the scars! I read the back of it and it has like collagen and elastin or some shit in it, which I think does the trick, but if you want your skin to look and feel better with an overnight improvement, get this product. Although, I wouldn't recommend this product If one is still undergoing the stresses of acne as it might break you out again, but im not sure. Anyway, I continue to use this when my skin becomes dry and irritated, give it a shot, It might help you as much as it has helped me!

Actually now that I think of it, I used It and it hasn't broke me out at all, and I think it is a non-greasy moisturizer + sunscreen, so it probably doesn't break you out. Give it a try ;)

untitled.bmp

untitled.bmp

The instant I put this on my skin started to burn, almost to the point that It was unbearable. I had no idea what was going on, but the pain eventually faded into a bunch of tiny prickly feelings all over my face.

Isn't that usually a bad sign especially if it BURNS ? o.O

Actually I think the burning feeling was a good thing. Probably because my skin was so bad that the cream was rapidly healing my skin. I am not sure why it burned, but it was definitely not a bad thing, trust me and try it.

the burning isn't a bad thing. occasionally if my skin is sunburned or dry my moisturizer will burn too, its just because you're skin is dry. its not a big deal unless it starts to get redder in which case its chemical burns and you need to NOT use that O_O Sounds like a great product! i don't break out enough for accutane so i just take minocycline when i flare up, but i'm not brave enough to use the sunscreen as i'm pretty stringent on my regimen as i'm freaked i'll break out if i use anything else on my face other than spectro jel and neutrogenia moisture for sensitive skin.

This sounds like an awesome product for people on 'tane tho!