Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allex

my result has been impressive

Hi, it has been quite a while I haven't come to this forum. I started my acne scar treatment in Dec 2003. more than two years passed and I have to say I am pretty satisfied with the result. The procedures I have had include

1) skin graft

2) dermabrasion

3) stem cell graft (skin from the back of an ear)

4) TCA

5) microdermabrasion

I think among all, TCA is the most effective. I have three sessions done so far and there are still 2-3 sessions to go. I really see that several quite visiable holes are either gone or almost gone now!! I am quite optimistic about it. After all the TCA sessions, I will stop these invasive procedures and will settle with either IPL or macrodermabrasion, I guess, unless some new technology is developed. I am only 28, and I don't want to look bad for the rest of my life.

Hope my experience gives you guys some confidence. Do believe TCA, I think it is the most cost-effect procedure so far.

oh, forgot to add that, I used to have very bad scar back in 2003, with many visible HOLES in my face. Now I still have some indentations, but quite limited and not that obvious any more. However, rolling scar still exist, which I expect to improve with some mild procedures gradually.

wut % of TCA? was it peel or cross? and how bad was yer ice picks?

i just started a TCA peel for about 30 or 35% five days ago...my skin feels so leathery and is peeling just a lil bit...i cant smile cuz my skin feels so taut...is that how u felt too?

i just started a TCA peel for about 30 or 35% five days ago...my skin feels so leathery and is peeling just a lil bit...i cant smile cuz my skin feels so taut...is that how u felt too?

hey vicky i'm think about doing tca peel... what is it like the first 5 days? is it really red? does it help with any current acne? im going to see someone next week and just would like some basic questions answered, also, do you notice any improvement so far?

my doctor wants to do a microdermabrasion (a tough version) and then a light peel. He says that the microdermabrasion will get rid of the dead skin and the peel will go a bit deeper. Has anyone tried this?

This person is probably referring to TCA CROSS, not peels. Be sure to find out before assuming anything. TCA peels don't do a lot for scars, unless they are superficial and extremely shallow indents.

they are shallow, i guess i'm trying to really improve the texture more then anything. I just had sculptra injected, and want to smooth things out now. what do you thing denise?

hey vicky i'm think about doing tca peel... what is it like the first 5 days? is it really red? does it help with any current acne? im going to see someone next week and just would like some basic questions answered, also, do you notice any improvement so far?

after the first mins of frosting white, it turned red as heck for the first couple hours. then for the first few days, the outer skin became a thin layer of its own, kinda feels artificial and really taut like leather, but no redness. so far on day 6, it feels like my skin looks the same, but i do notice a few of my bigger icepick scars did magically fill like halfway through =). so i do see some improvement, like 10-15%? which is definitely better than nothing. hopefully i see more improvement overtime...cuz i am stuck indoors all wk and i cant even wear makeup...it looks worse when i do cuz u can see the peeling more thoroughly.

has anyone else has these results?

i have boxcar, icepick scars that have been around for several yrs...and still red too...u can look at the gallery

but i do notice a few of my bigger icepick scars did magically fill like halfway through =). so i do see some improvement, like 10-15%? which is definitely better than nothing. hopefully i see more improvement overtime...

I don't want to be mean or anything, but I have to caution you that your ice picks are not filling in. They may appear more shallow because of the tautness of your skin, but there is really no way a full face peel will lessen the depth of an ice pick unless it is very, very, very shallow. (I had hopes this like way back when I was 20 ;) ).

Now, TCA Cross on the other hand, after repeated treatments may very well reduce the depth of ice picks, but once again, results vary and take a long time to see.

Hey are your scars still new? Is that why they are red. Your scars are not very deep.

I think TCA will help some. What precentage are you using?

but i do notice a few of my bigger icepick scars did magically fill like halfway through =). so i do see some improvement, like 10-15%? which is definitely better than nothing. hopefully i see more improvement overtime...

I don't want to be mean or anything, but I have to caution you that your ice picks are not filling in. They may appear more shallow because of the tautness of your skin, but there is really no way a full face peel will lessen the depth of an ice pick unless it is very, very, very shallow. (I had hopes this like way back when I was 20 ;) ).

Now, TCA Cross on the other hand, after repeated treatments may very well reduce the depth of ice picks, but once again, results vary and take a long time to see.

Exactly. After a full-face peel, your face will be very tight, and the appearance of scars seems to improve.

Hey are your scars still new? Is that why they are red. Your scars are not very deep.

I think TCA will help some. What precentage are you using?

I diluted 50% TCA down to about 30-35%...day 6 and still peeling more than ever.

i was wondering if should continue putting neosporin and emu oil on?

my doctor wants to do a microdermabrasion (a tough version) and then a light peel. He says that the microdermabrasion will get rid of the dead skin and the peel will go a bit deeper. Has anyone tried this?

i had microdermabration 4 years ago which had resulted in scarring, it has left me traumatized and i would never recommend this to anyone!

i had microdermabration 4 years ago which had resulted in scarring, it has left me traumatized and i would never recommend this to anyone!

Yeah i tried microderm years ago...was one of the first things i did...it doesn't really help scarring at all...i had 12 i think...plus because your doing the whole face you could end up stuffing up other areas as opposed to just spot treating the problem areas. I didn't get worse but its just like getting an exfoliating cloth and rubbing.

My cosmetic surgeon who offers it says medical microderms are pretty useless for scarring...only certain types respond to dermabrasion (not micro).

I still think the best results i've seen are from TCA crosses (which i haven't done) on this board; it seems weird because its probably one of the cheapest solutions too! BUT, in the right hands i've seen dermabrasion produce fantastic results.

thanks for your input. I have also had microdermabrasion before, however the difference (i think) with this one is it's going to be before a peel so i'm counting on the peel more so then the microdermabrasion i guess. I would be very happy if i see improvement cause so far i have tried everything

SA peels at 20%

A Peel Correct & A Peel Daily

Microdermabrasion

Smoothbeam

Sculptura fillers

and now this! SO MUCH DAMN MONEY! why can't my scars be on my butt where very few people would see them!!!

vicky how is your peel going?

so on day 9 i am still peeling...i wish it would hurry up already! i want to be

able to put on makeup and go outside more. but so far, i noticed from underneath

the peeled off skin, my scars look practically the same =(((...just one of my

big noticeable scars looks a lil filled in or it just looks wider cuz it was a big

ice pick scar and now it looks somewut like a flatter boxcar (still noticeable though)

so i dunon which was better haha. sigh...i am losing hope in any treatment now...

I know how you feel Vicky. You and i are both the same age. I'm sure if we just keep at it, for example use copper peptides like on the skin bio website, we'll at least get a minor improvement. People have reported success. You've just got to stick with it i suppose.

vicky how is your peel going?

so on day 9 i am still peeling...i wish it would hurry up already! i want to be

able to put on makeup and go outside more. but so far, i noticed from underneath

the peeled off skin, my scars look practically the same =(((...just one of my

big noticeable scars looks a lil filled in or it just looks wider cuz it was a big

ice pick scar and now it looks somewut like a flatter boxcar (still noticeable though)

so i dunon which was better haha. sigh...i am losing hope in any treatment now...

What I did is TCA CROSS, of course. By a Korean doctor.

I mean I SEE result. there used to be two indented holes under my right eye. Now one is 100% GONE ( i really can't see it any more), and the other is smaller. I also had a scar from chickenbox, pretty big. nothing I had before worked for that, and TCA didn't work for the first two sessons, now after session three, it is obviously shallower.

There are the ones I hated most when I look into mirror every time. Now, I have faith they will all gone! I will keep you guys posted. I forgot my password earlier and finally remembered. :dance:

Luckily, each time, I have the scab for only 4-5 days!