Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LMG

Should I exercise ?

I don't want to lift weights again because I fear of a nasty break out when I begin. I was thinking of jogging and maybe do some boxing and some jump rope to burn some calories. I am guessing these don't increase any hormones and I can do these quite often. Any one have any input ? Thanks

Im sorry you had to be taken by these fanatics on this forum. Its people like you who i fight for.

I dont know what these people in the diet forum ar etelling you but YES work out. Work out with weights, dont be afraid. There is no reason to be. Your not going to breakout at all. There is proof for saying you will.

Dont beleive what alot of the people are saying. They are all paranoid and wasnt to find an excuse for their acne.

And BTW any excersice you do (that includes running) WILL increase hormone levels. Not as much as weight lifting but there will be an increase.

Ive been working out for a year and it didnt change my acne condition. If anything it got better over the year ever since i satrted lifting weights.

So go run, lift weights, and do your body some good. You shouldnt care about what other people tell you. There will be people answering your post telling you and me that im wrong and that they did breka out from weight lifting. Dont listen tot hem. Chances are they are, 3 pimples is a breakout for them. They will just blame it on something like weightlifting and than say "OMG WEIGHTLIFTING GAVE ME ACNE OMG NOW IM GOING TO HAVE TO STOP". Its fucking bull shit. If you want to feel better, look better, and have more self confidence, than go to the gym, and lift weights, i cannot stress this enough.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Lifting heavy weights does exacerbate Acne. It's a matter of weighing up the positives and negatives of pursuing this exercise.

If you're really worried about it, and you've experienced an increase in breakouts from lifting heavy weights before, then i'd suggest sticking to cardio and light weights. Maybe even a very active sport such as tennis.

BF GUITAR speaks of people in the diet forum trying to make an excuse for thier Acne, he's just trying to convince himself that the weights he lifts for that ego boost aren't feeding his Acne problem. ;)

yeah I seem to break out during heavy lifting. But, this is as anecdotal as it can get...

however, when I heavy lift, I also eat constantly and somewhat indiscriminantly. this might have been part of the problem.

I dunno. You just have to experiment for yourself. Personally, I'm going to start lifting again, in the near future. And I find myself leaning toward the diet/acne connection more and more... so I'll see what happens.

i think your just overly paranoid.. people say things like " oh ya heavy liftings gonna break you out for sure " when in reality they have never touched a heavy weight in their life.. listen to people who actually lift regularly.. and most of them will tell you it doesnt affect their acne.. people just try to find anything possible for the excuse of their acne.. i mean look at this board.. have you seen some of the topics.

LMG, pick up those weights and get going. chances are that since you're asking a forum if you should exercise, you probably arent very active at all. part of being healthy is being physically fit, and thats what everyone on these boards should be going for.

I don't want to lift weights again because I fear of a nasty break out when I begin. I was thinking of jogging and maybe do some boxing and some jump rope to burn some calories. I am guessing these don't increase any hormones and I can do these quite often. Any one have any input ? Thanks

IMHO

Here is a breakdown of why people breakout:

97% Unhealthy body

3% Hormonal changes by things like weight lifting/ other environmental factors

This is assuming you are not using products that exacerbate the skin and that you aren't 13 and experiencing body changes. Some people may disagree and say, "my skin was good until I started lifting." I would respond, "it wasn't the lifting that brought that on, it was the condition of your body."

How do you get a healthy system/body?

1. Great diet

2. Great digestive system

3. Great liver

4. Great working system (this is created by working out 4-5 days a week for atleast 30min)

5. Simple supplementation (vitamin/oils)

of course I made it really simple. There are many things that are involved in each category. But weight lifting may or may not make your skin worse. IF IT DOES, THERE IS ONLY ONE REASON: Unhealthy body. Have you been around a person who hasn't been sick in 10 years? They are around all the same viruses that everyone else is, yet they don't get sick. It is their optimum system. It is the same with working out. Most people can create a system that is capable of acne free skin while doing things like weight lifting.

I have lifted heavy weights. I seemed to break out more frequently when I did bu less intense. No, right now I am no very active but am in shape. I'm 5'6 145lb, it would be a lie if I said I had no fat but I do around my belly and inner thighs, not much though, enought to get a good pinch. I don't have to work out but be fit, I eat healthy 24/7.

Lifting heavy weights does exacerbate Acne. It's a matter of weighing up the positives and negatives of pursuing this exercise.

If you're really worried about it, and you've experienced an increase in breakouts from lifting heavy weights before, then i'd suggest sticking to cardio and light weights. Maybe even a very active sport such as tennis.

BF GUITAR speaks of people in the diet forum trying to make an excuse for thier Acne, he's just trying to convince himself that the weights he lifts for that ego boost aren't feeding his Acne problem. ;)

I can honestly say that weightlifting for me has not affected my acne in any way. Yes i feel better, and yes i feel more confident. But no, i dont have an ego, and if i did i would be posting pics of me lef tright and centre.

If you have any idea about my acne backround you wouldnt be saying that.

For me its completely genetic (this goes back 3 generations)

I dont think working out will make a difference at all at least in my case.

Acne or not, if you want to live a long life, and have far less problems later in life(We are talking things 100x worse than acne), then exercise. So many serious and minor health problems could be avoided completely if people just got out and did some exercise.

i dont think lifting has any thing to do with it just wash after your done but it may be differt for every one.

i dont think lifting has any thing to do with it just wash after your done but it may be differt for every one.

well ok i dont really lift heavy so maybe thats why i dont break out from it.

Guest yahyah

babes, have you ever heard of 'dynamic tension' exercise. You can build muscles without lifting weights, just by using your own body strength against yourself. Its great stuff. For example.. (everyone have a go!...) stretch out your right arm infront of you, shoulder height, curl in your fingers at the second knuckle join (ie. as if you were going to play the guitar) and stick out your thumb to the left. Now tense your entire arm and twist it to the left and right and you'll feel triceps really start to tone!!!!!!!!

There are loads other exercises like that that build muscle without using weights... check it out on the net...

Thats insane lifting wieghts, and getting proper excercise shouldnt make you break out, In fact in my case My acne would flare up only when i would stop working out and got lazy, I think you should defiantly consder working out and maintain a healthy lifestyle, Youll defanitly feel alot better about your self. The only time i ever see someone in top shape with really bad acne are the huge bastards that take steriods and peformance enhancing crap.

Alright I am convinced, starting monday I am going to begin lifting again. Will the fact that I just had a peel done hurt my face ? Should I wait till my skin peels completly off and I am good to go ? I haven't even started to peel yet.

Here is my rountine

Flat bench press

preacher curl

bent over row

upright row

Squat

leg extention

lunges

calf raises

decline crunch

full crunch

bicycle crunch