Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys I realllllllly wanna start Birth control to help out my skin but i can't gain weight. I have ortho tricycline lo and have hear d stories of 15 pounds put on or no weight gain does anyone have stories to share?? I figure if I go on Accutane I'll have to take BC anyway...thanks

I have been taking it for 4 months now and I have not gained any weight. I have actually lost a few pounds. Im a small person to begin with so maybe its different for everyone. It has not helped with the acne though so Im going to be starting Accutane next month!

Different people respond differently but if you continue eating and exercising as you are then the weight gain is unlikely. The biggest contributor to weight gain is that some people say it makes them more hungry, and thus eat more. There's an obvious solution to this side of it!

Increased appetite and weight gain are very rare side effects of BC pills. Increased estrogen can cause sodium (salt) retention, which in turn can cause a small amount of water retention. This is where the weight comes from most of the time when girls put on weight when on the pill. They have more water in their body, not an increase in fat. The water retention will not be more than a couple of pounds, and it does not always occur. Yasmin has a directic effects (meaning it will make you lose water), so if you you are very concerned about weight gain this would be a good pill to try.