Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phegotgame14

dry skin and acne

I am male/24. For the past 5-6 years I have had acne (mostly clogged pores now) with really dry/rough skin which I have to put lotion on every time my face comes in contact with water. If i dont use lotion my face will get redder and dry and crackly/peely and really tight. After I wash my face (only use cetaphil or other non drying products) its starts out dry then gets really oily until i wash and the process starts again. My face shouldn't be getting oily at my age should it? Could the problem be hormones or the liver or the thyroid?? what do you guys think. I also have itchy skin and irritated eyes.

I would go see a derm if I were you. You have a weird combo of skin problems... dry, oily, acne, itchy, peely. My guess is that you have really sensitive skin and dry skin, but maybe the moisturizer you are using isnt hydrating enough since I am assuming it is a moisturizer made for oily/acne prone skin. The peeling and flakiness can cause clogged pores, so you might want to use an alpha hydroxy acid product to help get rid of those flakes.