Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dan52

I hate iPledge!!

I honestly think that iPledge is the biggest piece of bureaucratic shit ever invented. I dropped my prescription off Tuesday night, and on my own fault, I didn't give them my iPledge card which I had just gotten from my doctor... but the pharmacist didn't ask for it either. So I get a call later that night saying that they need to see the card to fill the prescription and that I can just bring it in the next day when I pick up my prescription. No big deal, I thought. So I go back Wednesday, give them my card expecting to be able to get the prescription. I'm a guy. I don't have a uterus. I'm not getting pregnant, so I have no clue why I need to enroll in this moronic program anyway. But no, they say we're going to have to call to verify the iPledge number, so I'll have to come back the next day and they'll call me if they run into any problems. I couldn't go in Thursday, so I go back tonight (Friday) expecting to pick it up since they didn't call me. Wishful thinking. It took them 10 minutes to find my iPledge card and prescription and then told me that they called iPledge who said I didn't qualify (??) so the pharmacy needed to call my doctor. Why they hadn't done it in 2 days, she didn't know. So now she says we'll have to wait until Monday and call my doctor. So it'll take at the very least 6 days for me to get my prescription, and I'm not even hopeful I'll be able to get it Monday. Of course my prescription will have already run out, but at least the government knows that I, though completely devoid of ovaries, won't get pregnant with a misshapen baby.

I really do not understand why they make us go through this. We already have to read/sign these side effect and warning forms and take monthly blood tests... The red tape that they have created for this miracle drug is absolutely unbelievable. It really is a shame.

On a positive note, I'm 3 months in on my course and things are going very, very well. My body cleared up long ago and my face is now clear as well, only about one minor blemish a week. My doctor said I might only need to do 4 months (instead of the original 5 months) since things were going well, but I actually want to push for 5 or even 6 months to prevent a recurrence. After all, my cholesterol numbers only went up to 135 and I only have very mild side effects.

Sorry to rant... It's just that this iPledge crap has cast a shadow on what has otherwise been one of the best decisions of my life.

Of course my prescription will have already run out, but at least the government knows that I, though completely devoid of ovaries, won't get pregnant with a misshapen baby.

It's better to be safe than sorry. Yes, I'm kidding.

What makes me really angry is the fact that government doesn't care about how dangerous accutane is to me or my liver, and doesn't make my doctor give me 2 mandatory liver tests and then answer questions about my knowledge of liver health. And my doctor can say that "it's very unlikely for me to have liver damage if my tests were fine the first month", because it's just my liver, right? But they sure do care a lot about my nonexistant misshapen baby's health.