Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R.S.

"Super Greens" Drinks and Supplements

Anyone take those Super Green-type drinks and powders? I just got a sample of a green drink today from Enzy called Earth's Promise, needless to say it didn't taste like total shit... It actually wasn't bad at all besides it being a little thick. Alot of them are like "superfoods" where they have all the vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, phytonutrients etc. Alot of them have sea vegetables like spirulina (low in iodine compared to the others) that have cancer-fighting reputations. Anyways, anyone else drink these and anyone have any recommendations into ones that don't taste bad?

P.S. I tried Green Magma and Magma plus as well, they actually tasted good if you added 4 drops of stevia. I'm pretty impressed, these things are like liquid multivitamins.

Ya these are great for you...I was reading a book that suggested a good tasting one....Hopefuly I can find that for you

I have also read that those things are super good for you. They are basically alkalising your body, and as a rule of thumb more acid=more acne.

Unfotunately I live in a part of the world (India) where getting those is difficult. So I haven't tried them personally. I have to substitute it with spinach/cucumber juice. Needless to say that it tastes horrible, but is very healthy.

Well I just got the Trader Joes Very Green powder, and so far so good. It tastes fine with stevia in it, and it's pretty nourishing and I've been feeling nice after I drink it. Hopefully it's helping clean out some toxins too.

I love these drinks, I cycle through different ones I use. Right now Im using something called "more than a greens" Ive also used one called Miracle Greens and the Earths Promise brand is good too.

yeh, there really good for u. i take MiVitality in-liven probiotic superfood as u can see in my regimen below (in my sig), its one of those super green drinks as u call it. i take mine with juice as recommended on the tub, and it doesnt taste bad at all, im used to it now. i feel soooo dammn good from taking this stuff, i have heapsssss of energy and i just feel so damn healthy lol. mine contains heaps of stuff, and yeah it also does contain spirulina like all other ones. intersetingly, every single ingredient in the superfood i take is 100% certified organic. it also contains all 13 strains of the lactobacillus family, naturally fermented with the vegetables, grains and other superfoods in this formula.

search it up on google, its an amazing product.

Well, you know that I like getting my greens fresh from green smoothies. :) The only powdered greens I drink are the powdered greens in my protein powder from Rainbow Light - it's a brown rice, food-based protein shake, and I think it tastes great. I usually add it to my green smoothies.

Is there any advantage to buy these drinks over doing your own greens smoothies? I mean beside the fact it's faster and easier? I drink at least 6 cups a day of my own smoothies and it cost quite a lot at the end of the week. I don't want to think how much it would cost to buy as much of these drinks!