Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forbawston

month two on accutane

haven't really had much clearing in the first month, to be honest. i'm just all dried out and red. new zits and cysts have formed. ppuuuhhhleease tell me the second month is a little better.... someone? ... anyone?

haven't really had much clearing in the first month, to be honest. i'm just all dried out and red. new zits and cysts have formed. ppuuuhhhleease tell me the second month is a little better.... someone? ... anyone?

I am in my 2nd month of accutane. The 1st month I had my initial breakout. It was sooooo bad that every 1/4 of an inch of my face I had a pimple. Now I am recovering from those initial breakouts. My skin feels alot more smoother than month 1. Also my skin is dry and so are my lips. My acne gets red when I apply the cetaphil moisturizer to my face, so I am thinking of trying something different or asking my derm for a recommendation.

yeah the first month sucked!!! anyways, thanks for your awesome response, hopefully my intial breakout will clear soon. month two, here i come!

way to be optimistic, son

i had the initial breakout as well in the first month, then it got better and i got another one of those pimple waves, it seems like every month they get less and less and i guess they all had to come out someday. i am almost done with month 4 and hope it will work, i hate the dry skin, the pink eye and dry lips, the texture of my skin is dry and flaky no matter how much la mer creme i rub on, i tried oils and drops and everything, still dry...my nose is bloody, my skin flushes and i am as pale as the wall since i cannot go in the sun at all. i cannot wait until i am done!! good luck!

I'm in my first month, and I'm breaking out WAY worse than ever. Luckily it's not cysts, but it's like tiny little bumps all over that look nasty up close.

ilovecanada, are you actually using la mer creme? If you're already willing to spend that much money on moisturizer, I had amazing results with Chanel Hydramax Serum. It's cheaper than la mer, and oil-free. I used it the entire 6 months I was on accutane and didn't get a single patch of dry skin. And I know it's the hydramax that worked because before I was on accutane, regular moisturizer didn't work well enough, so it's not like I have extra moist skin to begin with.

i had my ib after 3 weeks+- , and it was so bad now im on my 3rd month and im almost clear :wub: i can count on one hand the number of active zits i have :dance: when i had the ib i remember i started counting how much zits i have , gave up when i reached like 25 :lol: so dont worry just hold on and always remember it will improve soon :pray:

it depends on the person i think. my first 3 weeks to a month were really good and i was clearing up nicely, my skin tone improved and everthing, but now im at 7 weeks and my skin is juts as bad as when i started, so ive got nowhere, just had a couple of good weeks in between then and now. good luck tho

I'm in my first month, and I'm breaking out WAY worse than ever. Luckily it's not cysts, but it's like tiny little bumps all over that look nasty up close.

ilovecanada, are you actually using la mer creme? If you're already willing to spend that much money on moisturizer, I had amazing results with Chanel Hydramax Serum. It's cheaper than la mer, and oil-free. I used it the entire 6 months I was on accutane and didn't get a single patch of dry skin. And I know it's the hydramax that worked because before I was on accutane, regular moisturizer didn't work well enough, so it's not like I have extra moist skin to begin with.

thanks for the tip but i tried it already, not enough moisture for me and when it comes to the oil free part, i need oil, just thinking of oil free makes me more dry. i do use la mer and that seems to be the only thing that is working as of now, month 4 almost done!!