Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReD

Red marks dont want to fade.

i've had VERY bad acne on my forehead in feb-march of this year. I started using the regimen in April and active acne on my forehead is gone,but i still have a LOT of small red marks there. I read that red marks fade in a couple of months,but these just stick around and i dont notice them getting any lighter.

Also i have a pinkish patch on my right cheek from a HUGE cyst (about .7 inch) that i had more than a year ago. It was getting lighter and lighter during this time but is still very visible.

I never really had a problem with red marks untill i started the regimen.Now 98% of my active acne is gone but i'm stuck with these spots all over my face.

Anyone know any ways to make it go away faster and how much time it usually takes for red marks to fade with and without the regimen? Thnx.

p.s. i tried the vinegar method and it made my marks bright red and made me break out.

Well I'm not on the regimen but I also have/had a lot of red marks, but mine are more on the cheeks and around the jaw line. Some have completely faded since March, which is when I got my acne under control, but some just didn't want to fade at all until a few weeks ago. Now they fade fast and I think it's the lemon water I drink every couple of hours and the Neutrogena Multi Vitamin Lotion I put on, although I also started to take some supplements at that time including Zinc (50mg/day), Cod Liver Oil for Vitamin A/D, Vitamin E, and Brewers Yeast for the B vitamins..Vitamin C is also important but I get most of that from natural sources. But the lemon water definitely works, a lot of people have had success with it I think...I don't use the Vinegar though.

Well I'm not on the regimen but I also have/had a lot of red marks, but mine are more on the cheeks and around the jaw line. Some have completely faded since March, which is when I got my acne under control, but some just didn't want to fade at all until a few weeks ago. Now they fade fast and I think it's the lemon water I drink every couple of hours and the Neutrogena Multi Vitamin Lotion I put on, although I also started to take some supplements at that time including Zinc (50mg/day), Cod Liver Oil for Vitamin A/D, Vitamin E, and Brewers Yeast for the B vitamins..Vitamin C is also important but I get most of that from natural sources. But the lemon water definitely works, a lot of people have had success with it I think...I don't use the Vinegar though.

He what's the Neutrogena Multi Vitamin Lotion look like & where did you get it from?? Just curious!

i've had VERY bad acne on my forehead in feb-march of this year. I started using the regimen in April and active acne on my forehead is gone,but i still have a LOT of small red marks there. I read that red marks fade in a couple of months,but these just stick around and i dont notice them getting any lighter.

Also i have a pinkish patch on my right cheek from a HUGE cyst (about .7 inch) that i had more than a year ago. It was getting lighter and lighter during this time but is still very visible.

I never really had a problem with red marks untill i started the regimen.Now 98% of my active acne is gone but i'm stuck with these spots all over my face.  

Anyone know any ways to make it go away faster and how much time it usually takes for red marks to fade with and without the regimen? Thnx.

p.s. i tried the vinegar method and it made my marks bright red and made me break out.

couple? 6-12 months.

Well I had severe acne over a year ago now and I still have red marks, some of which have completely gone, but others which are a still there but not red anymore, more a light pinkish colour. So dont expect it to be better after just one year, but its going away faster and faster now, and im strarting the lemon thing which would maybe help...and I use BP and mousturizer to keep the acne from coming back :)