Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emperornext

Guys With Chest and Back Acne, What Do You Say?

Im a firefighter, so I say I used to get alot of kenalog shots for my work injuries, and they made my back break out bad. They actually did, I have a bad reaction to Kenalog, but I had bacne before. Girls dont seem to mind anyway. I never had one leave because of bacne, they just usually leave after I hit them. J/K! Seriously kidding

I am a grade 12 highschool student.

I've had minimal acne on my face around the nose and on my forehead(barely any)

My face is completely clear right now and has been like this since a year ago.

but DAMN.. I've had SEVERE acne on my chest starting grade 9 and on my back starting grade 11. when i say severe, i mean SEVERE.. its completely red and there are many bumps; it scares me.

The acne started crawling higher up my collar around grade 11, and i realized that i had to wear smaller shirts with tighter neck sizes. I started to work out so i can wear those muscle shirts, and I have to say, I look awesome :)

But of course, my acne is still hidden under my shirt and not getting any better

I am about to get a blood test to see if I should go on Accutane.

A little afraid of the side effects, but to get rid of my acne on my chest? I think it's worth to take a chance.

I have a few questions though:

1) Can I still workout while taking Accutane?

2) As for moisturizers, I have "ACNE DEFENSE LOTION" from Neutrogena, but Doc said i should stop using ALL products? what should I use to moisturize my skin/lips?

3) speaking of lips, I'm using a regular chapstick right now. Will it suffice?

THANKS TO ALL .. Good luck with defeating acne! rawr.

Can you post a pic of the acne?

1) From what I've heard most people can continue to workout, but some might get joint pains and therefore has to slow down on the physical activity.

2) You could use Jojoba Oil.

3) Hear a lot of people are using Aquaphor(something like that)

I think it's time for accutane for me too even though I'm afraid as shit to go on it. If you start it, there's now way back if you now what I mean.

Have you started accutane yet?

yeah, i'll post one as soon as i get my camera working..

ive been on accutane for 3 weeks now (40mg), and i dont feel any side effects

my face is less oily, but the rest of my body is fine, no dry itchy spots or anything

i didnt get any "huge initial breakouts", or yet, but ive gotten two random pimples on my neck that faded away within 1 day.

im still working out, and no pains or anything.

oh, my lips started getting dry yesterday haha.. its not that bad.. i'll look for that aquaphor if my neutrogena intensive care for men fails me.

but yeah, no thinning of hair, i still wear my contacts, my acne hasnt changed much, and no, i dont have any suicidal thoughts =P

did u decide to go on accutane?

hope to hear from you man

I am a grade 12 highschool student.

I've had minimal acne on my face around the nose and on my forehead(barely any)

My face is completely clear right now and has been like this since a year ago.

but DAMN.. I've had SEVERE acne on my chest starting grade 9 and on my back starting grade 11. when i say severe, i mean SEVERE.. its completely red and there are many bumps; it scares me.

The acne started crawling higher up my collar around grade 11, and i realized that i had to wear smaller shirts with tighter neck sizes. I started to work out so i can wear those muscle shirts, and I have to say, I look awesome :)

But of course, my acne is still hidden under my shirt and not getting any better

I am about to get a blood test to see if I should go on Accutane.

A little afraid of the side effects, but to get rid of my acne on my chest? I think it's worth to take a chance.

I have a few questions though:

1) Can I still workout while taking Accutane?

2) As for moisturizers, I have "ACNE DEFENSE LOTION" from Neutrogena, but Doc said i should stop using ALL products? what should I use to moisturize my skin/lips?

3) speaking of lips, I'm using a regular chapstick right now. Will it suffice?

THANKS TO ALL .. Good luck with defeating acne! rawr.

Can you post a pic of the acne?

1) From what I've heard most people can continue to workout, but some might get joint pains and therefore has to slow down on the physical activity.

2) You could use Jojoba Oil.

3) Hear a lot of people are using Aquaphor(something like that)

I think it's time for accutane for me too even though I'm afraid as shit to go on it. If you start it, there's now way back if you now what I mean.

Have you started accutane yet?

yeah, i'll post one as soon as i get my camera working..

ive been on accutane for 3 weeks now (40mg), and i dont feel any side effects

my face is less oily, but the rest of my body is fine, no dry itchy spots or anything

i didnt get any "huge initial breakouts", or yet, but ive gotten two random pimples on my neck that faded away within 1 day.

im still working out, and no pains or anything.

oh, my lips started getting dry yesterday haha.. its not that bad.. i'll look for that aquaphor if my neutrogena intensive care for men fails me.

but yeah, no thinning of hair, i still wear my contacts, my acne hasnt changed much, and no, i dont have any suicidal thoughts =P

did u decide to go on accutane?

hope to hear from you man

I'm going to the derm next thursday so I think I'm going to ask to get on it.

i have light-moderate back and shoulder acne. it doesn't bother me at all.

i'm lucky to have a slightly dark skin, which allows me to tan easily without any burning/peeling.

i have light-moderate back and shoulder acne. it doesn't bother me at all.

i'm lucky to have a slightly dark skin, which allows me to tan easily without any burning/peeling.

lol cmon, everyone's bothered by acne

if you're not bothered by it then why would u google for acne help, read some posts, sign up for an account so you could reply, and say it doesnt bother you?

:wacko:

I just want to say that female attraction doesn't work near the same as male. If you have severe body acne well, I'm regretful to say it but you're lucky you're not a girl; because if you got your other shit straight there's no way a girl worthy of you will turn you down. It's about the inner stuff, your inner strength and confidence, your well functioning human being with value as a whole. Acne is just another handicap, like baldness or being very overweight even missing a limb. It's just another silly thing men worry about like penis size, height skin color hair color freckles being too skinny being average looking being not/too hairy blablabla. It's unfixable things in most cases. Bottom line is this is not about your acne it's how you deal with yourself. If acne is controlling your life to such extent you're actually avoiding relationships or intimacy because of it then you're focusing WAY too much on something that matters very little. If you're the antisocial nerd without friends or healthy hobbies then what good will it do you if you suddenly got perfect skin. It's not like your confidence would skyrocket and you'd get all those things you'd been missing out on. You'd find another problem with yourself and focus on how terrible that thing is, whatever it may be. Sure it is nice to be good looking but that's not really what girls are after.

If you're a girl on the other hand and you're showing off your body acne on the beach hoping to attract some guys, nearly every guy there will, at least temporarily, exclude you in an instant because the physical appearance matters infinitely more to guys than to girls. Men are more attracted to looks, women are more attracted to social status and personality characteristics that have value to them

Hey :) Im a girl (incase you were wondering :doh: ) and I would be more comfortable with a guy with acne or scarring, as I have a low self esteem myself, so its actually great in relationships when you can boost each others confidence, especially if you know that person loves you for who you are. I have relatively light acne on my back but also freckles so it doesn't show up sooo much. I stopped swimming competitively when I was 12, even though I was on my way to training for the Olympics, simply because I was self conscious and now I wont wear tops that show my back as it makes me feel uncomfortable :redface:. It doesnt effect my social life though, simply because Im a nutcase :lol: but you've just got to be who you are, if you feel uncomfortable with your top off then dont take it off, simples! As regards to women, find one who loves you for who you are, otherwise your wasting your time on them :ninja:

Edited by spubble

Recently, I got to a point where I didn't even wanna take off my shirt or look at myself shirtless in the mirror... even though it has been worse before. I would even go as far as to take showers in the dark to not look at my own body acne... :( I usually have sex in the dark or with dim lighting. I remember instances of my ex girlfriend licking my back and I felt uncomfortable because I had bacne, but she did it more than once on numerous occasions... Made me sad because her back is ultra clear and smooth and she made me give her back massages! But honestly women, is it a big deal if you see some light/moderate back acne on a man? For real.?

I used to have acne on back, like a lot and painful.. now I only get tiny zits that disappear in a day and I don't have scars. I think eating healthy helped me a lot..

I think guys who workouts and drink whey protein or something, have bacne. Just my opinion! 'cause at the gym, I see a lot of guys with acne on back