Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rache

Cetaphil products!

Hey, I just wanted to stop by and say Cetaphil is great...GREAT stuff!!..its so gentle, and leaves my skin uber soft, and even. I LOVE it. Switching from Aveeno Clear Complextion to this is the best/ smartest move I could make! As well its really helping out my brothers skin too, as well as mine. :)

Share your love about these products. My red marks are finally..fading!!

Thank God to the persont hat invented it.

Hey, I just wanted to stop by and say Cetaphil is great...GREAT stuff!!..its so gentle, and leaves my skin uber soft, and even. I LOVE it. Switching from Aveeno Clear Complextion to this is the best/ smartest move I could make! As well its really helping out my brothers skin too, as well as mine. :)

Share your love about these products. My red marks are finally..fading!!

Thank God to the persont hat invented it.

my red marks are also fading and i believe it's because of cetaphil...... well maybe not. but yah.... i see some improvements with my red marks. i got proof (gallery) i use cetaphil bar soap and moisturizer

I used the cetaphil gentle face wash thing for about 4 months last year. I didn't notice any difference whilst I was on it, although it certainly did seem gentle, but I've always had much more success with face washes with salicylic acid in

I like them a lot, I love the gentle face wash.

Is Cetaphil good for you even though you have Oily skin? My derm once yelled at me for using it :( because i have oily skin.. he called me a lightbulb... *sigh

I like them a lot, I love the gentle face wash.

Is Cetaphil good for you even though you have Oily skin? My derm once yelled at me for using it :( because i have oily skin.. he called me a lightbulb... *sigh

what??!?! i have oily skin too but i still use it.

Same here actually, as well as my bro. It doesn't interfer with our skin oilness at all!, if anything it cleans it all up. Thus why it says: "Non-comedoig", "ph balanced for effective cleansing"

My skin has improved a lot since I started using Cetaphil gentle face wash. Why don't derms understand that dry skin will cause acne for some people just as much as oily skin? The more balanced my skin is (the less dry and irritated) the better it looks. Derms make me mad, they don't know what they are doing sometimes.

All but a couple of the derms I've seen seemed like complete morons. Most were not very personable either. The average derm in the Chicago area makes roughly $250,000/yr +! You'd think getting paid money like that they'd actually know wtf they're doing. :doubt:

My skin has improved a lot since I started using Cetaphil gentle face wash. Why don't derms understand that dry skin will cause acne for some people just as much as oily skin? The more balanced my skin is (the less dry and irritated) the better it looks. Derms make me mad, they don't know what they are doing sometimes.

Ask yourself, what do derms profit from?

It just makes me mad that you can tell them that your skin is sensitive and they will still want to give you crap that will burn the first layer of your skin off! It's like here take this pill or here use this cream that I give to people with severe acne because I don't know what else to give you. To be honest the worst my skin has ever looked in my life was after a derm gave me pills and differn...why didn't he think "this girl might have sensitive skin, maybe I should start her out on more gentle things"....My face looked like an open sore. The next time I go to the derm I will only take pills or products that I know will work on my skin...because I know it better than they will ever know, like they even care in the first place.

It just makes me mad that you can tell them that your skin is sensitive and they will still want to give you crap that will burn the first layer of your skin off! It's like here take this pill or here use this cream that I give to people with severe acne because I don't know what else to give you. To be honest the worst my skin has ever looked in my life was after a derm gave me pills and differn...why didn't he think "this girl might have sensitive skin, maybe I should start her out on more gentle things"....My face looked like an open sore. The next time I go to the derm I will only take pills or products that I know will work on my skin...because I know it better than they will ever know, like they even care in the first place.

Yeah same here..I had some dermatolgist that didn't really care about me. She put me on MInocyclin, because she didn't know what else to do, and y'know what happended??...I got major sun burn!!..in winter time. AND I was wearing sunscreen too, goes to show you that my skin was mega senstive to the crap..It did clear up my break outs though, but hella red/ senstive skin. Also some topical cream she gave me healed my forehead, but burnt my cheeks!

After years of using chemicals on my skin, and no improvement, I finally realized that I needed to do something different. Over the past few months I've spent a lot of money testing out products that promised to be "gentle". I started out with Cetaphil for normal to oily...too drying...then Purpose gentle face wash...still too drying...then I finally started using Cetaphil gentle face wash and noticed a big difference. Don't get me wrong, I still have acne, but my acne is small, not the large irritated acne while I was using all the chemicals. I think Cetaphil is a great brand, everything else seems too harsh for my skin!

I totally regret and take back what I was saying about how I "loved it"

The stuff gave me contact dermatitis..and my skin is finally just on the healing process...It WAS gentle the first few times, and then I noticed my skin felt raw..Like it was rubbed raw, when I use gentle circlur massages on my face..And I was thinking: "What the?..why is my skin suddenly feeling hot and rubbed raw..stinging?.." I went out that night with my friends to Tim Horthons. And my face still felt very hot. I thought I was having a fever. I went to the washroom, and my cheeks were super---SUPER red and irritated!..But still I didn't know what to do, so the idoit I am. I continued to wash with it. Then came the nightime itching...it felt so awfull. Rough, itchy, red, sore skin. All thanks to Cetaphil cleanser(or the cream..) Prolly both. Then I went to the doctor and he told me that I had a chemical contact dermattis, gave me some emo-cort cream, and told me to use Aveeno.

So I switched to Aveeno Clear Complextion bar...BAD IDEA. I noticed sudden dryness right after everytime I washed with it. And thanks to it, I woke up with an oily feel to my skin. I started getting little clogged pore break outs over my chin, mouth area(where I NEVER get them..) So I thought it was purging my skin, I continued to use it. At least 3 monthes I did. And finally all the little clogged pores broke out to the surface. But still my skin was dry, flakey. So then I switched to something more gentle.

St. Ives Apricot Foaming Cleanser I used. Right away I HATED to texture, it felt like soap. It didn't clean properly, felt no refreshment, or anything. After I washed with it, my skin felt rough, and dry. Right away In that time I knew better to switch my cleanser. So I did, again.

I bought myself a Derma E product: "Tea Tree and E face/ body wash. I have only been using it for a week. So far so good.

So yes. I agree with you fuzzy 1: "dick, INDEED"

Well at least for me.

I officaly have come to my conclusion(through experince) that Cetaphil ruined my skin!

Hands down for me....cetaphil is a gift from above...

Thats good that it works for you :)

(I was really sad, dissapointed that it didn't for me..And even more sad that it gave me a serious allergic reaction to it...I thought it was suppose to be "gentle" for my senstive skin..) :(..

Guest Sincerely_Me

Cetaphil's moisturizer is good, but I feel the cleanser, though gentle, really isn't much of a cleanser and it actually dries out my skin a lot more. I have a bottle of Clean and Clear Morning Burst, it doesn't dry me out like Cetaphil, has about the same texture, but a little more liquid-y, lathers well, rinses clean...and my face doesn't feel overly tight.

cetaphil makes me kinda laugh. it doesnt really help my skin but it doesnt make it any worse.. so i keep using it. i wish they would make something to clear up CLOGGED pores.. pisses me off. n` i add some TTO to it.. just to give it a little.. extra power? works well. anyways.. anyone know a good cleanser that can help unclog pores [ along w/ blackheads? ] that would help..