Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey gang. I have a quick question about my acne diagnosis. Maybe y'all can help:

I have what I presume to be "papules"--red bumps all along my cheeks on both sides of my face. Every once in a while a bump will become a zit, but once they appear they don't disappear for months. They started on the left side of my face and recently moved to my right. I now have about a dozen on my left side and 6-8 on my right.

I just started Retin-A a couple of weeks ago and on both sides of my face the red bumps became full-blown zits overnight.

Would you characterize me as moderate or severe? And will Retin-A cut it for the kind of acne I have?

Hey gang. I have a quick question about my acne diagnosis. Maybe y'all can help:

I have what I presume to be "papules"--red bumps all along my cheeks on both sides of my face. Every once in a while a bump will become a zit, but once they appear they don't disappear for months. They started on the left side of my face and recently moved to my right. I now have about a dozen on my left side and 6-8 on my right.

I just started Retin-A a couple of weeks ago and on both sides of my face the red bumps became full-blown zits overnight.

Would you characterize me as moderate or severe? And will Retin-A cut it for the kind of acne I have?

hey, well severe acne is usually all about cysts, maybe it would help if you uploaded a pic?

Retin A is bringing stuff to the surface and should eventually be able to clear your pores. Since you have inflammatory acne, you should be using antibiotics right now to help keep the initial breakout under control ... if you aren't, you should be dialing your derm's office right now ...

So long as you don't have cystic acne, Retin A should work for you.

Guest Spike Rules89

duhh

You are making some pretty unnessary comments...

2nd that