Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jamesda

ingrown hairs from scars & shaving

This is probably more a question for the guys...

1) I am just about finished with accutane, and while the cysts have mostly stopped, I do still get a good number of whiteheads... I have all these places on my face where I used to have the cysts, and are now just large areas of dead, white skin (i guess they are scars?) The worst part is that the hair doesn't grow through them so I end up with all these ingrown hairs which eventually lead to whiteheads!!

Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do?

2) Also, shaving while on accutane seemed to be the worst, I'd get red bumps like crazy, mostly around my neck, plus I seemed to cut myself more than before.... did anyone else have this problem, and did it stop after accutane?

THANKS!

I 'm not sure that the whiteparts are scars, but they are probably layers of dead skin cells, because Accutane dries out the skin.

I would advise you to gently exfoliate your skin, and use a good moisterizer afterwards.

If your skin is ready for it, try using the MD forté toner 10% glycolic acid. It will help to prevent ingrown hairs, as well as your acné.

Goodluck