Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OursFan

What Brand of Makeup Do You Currently Use? - POLL

What Brand Makeup Do You Currently Use?  

1579 members have voted

1. 1. What Brand Makeup Do You Currently Use?

• Almay
    • Cover Girl
    • MAC
    • Maybelline
    • Neutrogena
    • Prescriptives
    • Revlon
    • Jane
    • Mineral Makeup (such as Aromaleigh, Jane Iredale, etc.)
    • OTHER

In general, which is better for acne-prone skin : POWDER (2-way cake etc) or LIQUID foundation ?

the counter girls tell me liq is better but what's YOUR personal experience ?

i'm using estee lauder equalizer makeup spf 10..haven't used it often enough to know if it breaks me out...keep fingers n toes crossed !!

bare escentuals, the best by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just started using Revlon New Complexion - It is oil free and all that jazz but I won't recommend it during the regimen since I am also just pushing white flakes around.

Up until last week I was using L'Oreal True Match which is a lovely very oily but good coverage foundation if you have acne free skin - which I do happen to have once every few months for a bout one day! But at oily times (of the month) you will shine like a bottle.

Reading through the recommendations above, I have for some reason been sold on Lancome "Teint Idole." I will definitely give this a go.

My mother used to buy Lancome moisturisers about 20 years ago and I still remember the nice smell. It was expensive - probably still is. I don't remember it being oily either but yet very soft.

Time to take out the wallet and splurge I guess, since this Benzoyl Peroxide is making my face feel like it is cooking and being rubbed in sand!! :confused: ...only two days on the regimen now but I will persivere as I can see it is working.

Marlsa,

New Zealand :lol2:

Laura Mercier powder. I used Mac studio fix for years, but it was making my skin worse.

SAME Thing happened to me! i used it for about two months.. and it made me develop the WORST acne of my life! it was at that time that i had to start accutane! SERIIOUSLY STAY AWAY FROM MAC!! their worst products are their foundations.. i recommend you stop using it .. once i stopped using mac my acne calmed down a bit! GOOD LUCK!!!!

I've tried over 20 different foundations and the best ive ever had was ALMAY CLEAR COMPLEXION! it doesnt make you break out-->it actually helps with your acne, it covers beautifully, lasts all day and is AWSOME~!!

~santa claus is coming to town~

Guest funkychicken

mineral foundation : www.lilylolo.co.uk

i have very oily n super-sensitive skin n have tried soooo many cosmetic brands. so far, only JANE IREDALE pressed powder suits my skin n wont cause me any break-outs. i have recently ordered jane iredale's liquid foundation n it's absence primer.. will use the liquid foundation when i need more coverage than usual. hopefully the liquid foundation n primer wont cause any skin breakout too. (i'm not adventurous when it comes to searching for new cosmetics).

I LOVE Cover Girl's Pressed Powder Foundations, especially the TruBlend one.

As lots of people around here probably have been, I've been dealing with acne for so many miserable YEARS (another story) and have probably tried every expensive and inexpensive makeup there is. I like Cover Girl because it's cheap, it wears, it covers, and it doesn't break me out. :D

The powder foundations are great because they cover, you can take 'em with you because it's just like a powder case (have you ever been embarrassed because you want to take your concealer or foundation with you somewhere in case your makeup wears off, but all your clear-skinned friends don't do that so you feel like a freak?), and it controls oil well.

Right now I'm using Chanel Vitaluimere Fluid Foundation. Since starting accutane my skin is pretty dry and this foundation is very moisturizing and it doesn't irritate my skin. The coverage is okay but I still need a seperate concealer to cover up redness.

I use Bare Escentuals. I love the stuff! I noticed that when I used to use other brands I broke out here and there, and my acne was bad! But with Bare Escentuals I don't brake-out at all (I even sleep in it when I'm too lazy to wash my face.) I'm not saying that it helped get rid of my acne (I use skinorin - helped me ALOT!!!!) but i've never had a break-out using it.

i use primarily MAC (in fact, i just applied for a free-lance position at my local MAC counter!), but i also love Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals, Tarte Cosmetics, and other high-end brands. i'm not so much a cosmetic snob, i just need quality products and i prefer cruelty-free brands. for many years, i used low-end drugstore stuff, but when my skin got bad, i had to start using better stuff.

These products look really great, but they're so expensive! I'm looking for something with max coverage, but that I can actually afford. There's no way I can pay $20+ for some foundation or powder. Are there any products that give max coverage, don't break you out, and is actually affordable?

I LOVE Cover Girl's Pressed Powder Foundations, especially the TruBlend one.

As lots of people around here probably have been, I've been dealing with acne for so many miserable YEARS (another story) and have probably tried every expensive and inexpensive makeup there is. I like Cover Girl because it's cheap, it wears, it covers, and it doesn't break me out.

The powder foundations are great because they cover, you can take 'em with you because it's just like a powder case (have you ever been embarrassed because you want to take your concealer or foundation with you somewhere in case your makeup wears off, but all your clear-skinned friends don't do that so you feel like a freak?), and it controls oil well.

TOTALLY!!!! I do use their liquid foundation and powder, but have used the powder foundation before-LOVE it!

MamaBritt-try Covergilr-it's good stuff for the price of it! :)

I said before that I was using Clinique's Superbalanced Oil-free foundation, but this in fact has caused, not breakouts, but oily skin (which I can do without). This had been recommeded to me by several cosmeticians, when in fact, I really needed Clinique's Superfit Oil-free foundation; works extremely well with oily skin. Also, I have started using a primer under my makeup by Laura Mercier. This product is excellent; it not only keeps me from shining and having to touch up every five minutes, but it gives you a smoother overall finish.

I had never used a primer (base) before, only moisturizer, but this is used after moisturizing, then you apply your foundation, concealer, powder or whatever you use.

To set my makeup and give it a soft glow, I use Clinique's Gentle Light Powder in Glow Neutral 3. It really sets off your makeup and gives you a great finish!!! I had someone tell me the other day that they thought I wasn't wearing any makeup and still looked great!!!

Products:

Step 1: Laura Mercier Primer (just use a dab and rub all over face; will also keep makeup from seeping into large pores; works as a barrier)

Step 2: Clinique Moisturizing Gel (for Oily skin) Remember to always moisturize!!!

Step 3: Clinique Superfit Foundation (great for super oily skin; select appropriate shade)

Step 4: Clinique Gentle Light Powder (loose powder that is great for oily skin; gives a soft glowing finish and diminishes small spots; select appropriate shade)

Hope this is helpful!

P.S. for cleansing I use products by MyChelle. Great products for acne/oily skin (most products contain AHA's, but do not cause excessive flaking if you moisturize properly).

Bare Minerals is the ONLY foundation I've ever found in my entire life that doesn't cause breakouts for me!! :D

I've been using Max Factor Flawless Perfection, the one thats in two parts. It doesn't asctually give me a flawless perfection..but it helps my skin seem smoother and covers up some spots. I use w7 conceler underneath, and maybeline moose foundation before hand as well. All these things together help my spots seem less angry and red.

I have been visiting this site for awhile, as my daughter has acne and is using Retin A Micro with good results. I am surprised that none of you use Mary Kay products!

The foundations have beautiful coverage, a good range of colors, and the medium and full coverage formulas are oil free. You can get custom color-matched by a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (samples). There is also a full range of skin care products, including cleansers and moisturizers. The new Oil Free Hydrating Gel is working beautifully for Hillary's dryness with the Retin A.

Mary Kay has been the best selling brand of facial skin care and colr cosmetics in the US for over 9years, is registered with the FDA, so has to substantiate claims, you get to try before you buy, and there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee! The prices are very competitive, as well. For example, all foundations are $14.

I have been a Mary Kay Independent Consultant for over 5 years and am also a Registered Nurse. During this time I have helped a number of women and men with skin care issues through the life span.

You all need to look into these products. For those in other countries, Mary Kay is in some 35 markets worldwide. Canada and Great Britain for sure.

Feel free to check out my website www.marykay.com/dhutcheson or go to www.marykay.com to locate a consultant in your area.

I hope this helps some of you. I have always had great skin, but I know how difficult it is through my daughter and my clients. My best to all of you.

Deborah

I have used Mary Kay Products and they have proved to be the worst ever! My skin broke out so badly, Iwill never forget it!!! I steer clear from Mary Kay, expecially now that the salespeople are in Manhtaan following you around trying to sell you stuff, it makes me angry. It didnt work for me and when I try to tell them that, they still try to push the product, sheesh! :naughty:

I got my sample set of Afterglow Cosmetics and they are AWESOME! I LOVE IT! It acutally does what it says, and my skin matches to the shades too. I couldn't believe my eyes because I have very large pores, and usually makeup enhances that and makes them look way worse. I am actually excited about putting on my makeup! www.afterglowcosmetics.com

I use Bare Minerals. I love this stuff! It covers pretty well, and its so light, it hardly feels like you are wearing anything and is very skin friendly. They have infomercials, and they also have stores here and there. I was introduced to it from my mom, and she uses it, I use it and my older sister does. They have an entire line of makeup, but I just use their powder foundation. Its a bit on the pricey side, but goes a long way. i would also recommend using their Kabuki brush, also pricey, but has GREAT coverage!

The ONLY pro is I have extremely oily skin, and it doesnt absorb the oil very well by the end of the day. But I use clean and clear oil cloths and those help and dont mess up my makeup.

Highly recommended!

Aromaleigh. I like it bc it doesn't make me break out. BUT it doesn't hold on for too long, looks shiney on me after. I want something that will give me a matte look and that WONT make me break out.

just found this site today and saw this posting. I use Mary Kay products and as for me, I like it, but my daughter (15) can NOT wear it. It breaks her face out horriblly! I had bought Proactive for her but it wasn't helping finally I changed her make up brand and ever since she stopped using Mary Kay, her face has completely cleared up.

I have been visiting this site for awhile, as my daughter has acne and is using Retin A Micro with good results. I am surprised that none of you use Mary Kay products!

The foundations have beautiful coverage, a good range of colors, and the medium and full coverage formulas are oil free. You can get custom color-matched by a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (samples). There is also a full range of skin care products, including cleansers and moisturizers. The new Oil Free Hydrating Gel is working beautifully for Hillary's dryness with the Retin A.

Mary Kay has been the best selling brand of facial skin care and colr cosmetics in the US for over 9years, is registered with the FDA, so has to substantiate claims, you get to try before you buy, and there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee! The prices are very competitive, as well. For example, all foundations are $14.

I have been a Mary Kay Independent Consultant for over 5 years and am also a Registered Nurse. During this time I have helped a number of women and men with skin care issues through the life span.

You all need to look into these products. For those in other countries, Mary Kay is in some 35 markets worldwide. Canada and Great Britain for sure.

Feel free to check out my website www.marykay.com/dhutcheson or go to www.marykay.com to locate a consultant in your area.

I hope this helps some of you. I have always had great skin, but I know how difficult it is through my daughter and my clients. My best to all of you.

Deborah

I'm using L'oreal Accord Parfait aka True Match :rolleyes: . I don't use foundation on whole face only on spot. But i've worn it for the New Year's on my entire face and it was nice, it didn't break me out. :pray: All my make-up is L'oreal. :shifty:

Currently using MAC's Studio Fix Liquid Makeup, Loose Blot Powder, Eye Primer, and Shroom Eyeshadow. Also I can't live without Mally's numerous beauty products(especially her Shimmer Shape and Glow Kit & City Chic Smokey Eye Kit).

Just discovered Aveda foundation as i'm mixed race with lighter brown skin i had a hell of a job trying to find a foundation that matched my face that has been exposed to the sun and my neck/chest which hasn't seen much sun exposure. All the foundations i was wearing before were either too dark or had a slight orange tint. Aveda is a perfect match, it has SPF 12, natural ingredients, non acnedemic but the downside is that it is very expensive. Worth it for me though to find one that matches my skin tone.