Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OursFan

What Brand of Makeup Do You Currently Use? - POLL

What Brand Makeup Do You Currently Use?  

1579 members have voted

1. 1. What Brand Makeup Do You Currently Use?

• Almay
    • Cover Girl
    • MAC
    • Maybelline
    • Neutrogena
    • Prescriptives
    • Revlon
    • Jane
    • Mineral Makeup (such as Aromaleigh, Jane Iredale, etc.)
    • OTHER

Used to be a die hard fan of Cover Girl's Oil-Free make up line, but have switched and become a #1 fan of Bare Escentuals Mineral Make Up.

Minerals are the way to go, girls.

I have been using Aromaleigh for about a year now. It's just okay, it does cake & the coverage is not that good. I am a creature of habit & have stuck with it, I want to give MAC a try but I have no idea where to begin, they have so many products, I have oily skin with large pores. Any ideas.

Revlon Colorstay foundation, oily/combo skin

CG Trublend powder foundation

CG illuminator stick for dark circles

Revlon Colorstay concealer

Maybelline coverstick

Loreal loose powder

CG Trublend loose powder

Revlon Colorstay pressed powder

This is what I use most days :)

Revlon Colorstay foundation, oily/combo skin

CG Trublend powder foundation

CG illuminator stick for dark circles

Revlon Colorstay concealer

Maybelline coverstick

Loreal loose powder

CG Trublend loose powder

Revlon Colorstay pressed powder

This is what I use most days :)

I really like Almay

I've tried using pretty much every other makeup brand out there [including Physicians Formula Mineral Makeup] and they all just make me breakout. Almay is really sheer and light.

In general, which is better for acne-prone skin : POWDER (2-way cake etc) or LIQUID foundation ?

the counter girls tell me liq is better but what's YOUR personal experience ?

i'm using estee lauder equalizer makeup spf 10..haven't used it often enough to know if it breaks me out...keep fingers n toes crossed !!

I use Prescriptives Any Wear Powder & cream concealer. They seem to be working best for me. They cover really well, look natural and don't irritate my skin or cause breakouts. I dust the powder on for regular wear & when I want more coverage I use the sponge and my skin looks pretty flawless.

Past Makeups & Experiences:

I used Sheer Cover- Looked good when I first put it on, but I have oily skin so over the day it would cake and look weird on the areas where I had acne; also gave my skin a gray tinge & costs $$

L'oreal bare naturale(another mineral make-up)- couldn't find a good color match, limited colors

MAC- good, counter is always too busy, doesn't irritate my skin

L'oreal True Match- matches really well, looks good, but gives med/light coverage. i think it caused me to break-out when i used it on a daily basis.

I haven't used foundation regularly ever. I've tried so many times & hated the way it felt heavy on my face & that it would break me out.

For eyeshadows & eyeliners I've been using MAC & LOVE it. I've never tried their foundations, too afraid of breaking out.

Whenever I have a special occasion I usually pull out my clinique superbalanced makeup & apply it with a brush & I love the way it looks, but I usually end up breaking out.

For foundation I've used proactiv & almay for acne skin with really good results, but I'm extremely oily, so I have to keep reapplying it all day. I also can't live without those clean n clear oil absorbing sheets.

Yesterday I went & bought bare minerals, the starter kit. I used it yesterday & today, so far I really like it. I don't have to use a compact with it & don't have to reapply all day long, just use my oil sheets a couple of times. I am hoping I continue to like it.

I havent worn makeup in years. Well not foundation anyway. I wear mascara, eyeliner and lipstick. I finally gave up on foundation after years of trying to cover up my acne with it. I figured why bother. The foundation covers the redness but its still obvious that theres a huge bump under all that makeup. My skin is so overly sensitive to so many things that I figure the foundation was just aggravating the condition. I have to admit that I look forward to the day when I can wear foundation on special occassions without paying the consequences. There are so many great products that I have learned about on these threads that werent around when I was experimenting with foundation. The knowledge about what aggravates the skin is amazing and companies are catering to people with ultra sensitive acne prone skin and thats a wonderful thing. Lorrie

I really like Origin's Stay Tuned. It provides a pretty light coverage. It blends really well and the color "Angel" matches my skin tone perfectly. It is really light weight and it doesn't feel like makeup.

i'm still in search of the perfect color. i think i've found a pretty good foundation, though it looks a bit off in terms of color for me. i like l'oreal Quickstick. great coverage. no need to use concealer even! i just mute the color to make it look more natural by applying blotting powder by Benefit. keeps the shinies away and gives me a nice matte look.

of course i'm always in search of better things, which is why i like reading all your post. but damn, imma go broke if i try 'em all!!! is laura mercier any good? i wanna find a good foundation/powder-in-one compact. i used to use mac. nice until i broke out. :(

I use Loreal make-up. It is hight quality and never breaks me out no matter what line it is. Matte kind or more moistureizing

I've been using Bare Minerals for the past 3 months. Love the natural look and the amount of coverage, but I've concluded that that is what has been making my acne worse.

I just received my samples of Everyday Minerals and so far love it. I can't believe it has taken me this long to discover mineral makeup. Between stopping BE and starting everyday minerals I had to use my old liquid foundation and HATED the way it felt on my face. So glad to have my powder back.

currently, The Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas by philosophy. i've been looking for something with more coverage but i haven't decided between MAC studio fix or Revlon ColorStay. there's compelling arguments for both...... :think:

Revlon Colorstay - I've been using it for 4 years now. My skin is sensitive to everything, even Cetaphil breaks me out, so as far as irritation goes Revlon does okay. Also the color match is pretty good.

Almay Clear Complexion Concealer - does okay with my skin too, plus it has the SA in it.

I suck at makeup, so this is pretty much as far as it goes.