Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OursFan

What Brand of Makeup Do You Currently Use? - POLL

What Brand Makeup Do You Currently Use?  

1579 members have voted

1. 1. What Brand Makeup Do You Currently Use?

• Almay
    • Cover Girl
    • MAC
    • Maybelline
    • Neutrogena
    • Prescriptives
    • Revlon
    • Jane
    • Mineral Makeup (such as Aromaleigh, Jane Iredale, etc.)
    • OTHER

I use Bare Minerals powder makeup. It's great for hiding the pinkness, but I never apply it to any broken skin, just around it. Also, it's important (and a slight pain) to wash the brushes every week.

Re: makeup in general, I did an experiment where I stopped wearing makeup for a month to see if I magically cleared up. I didn't, so now I'm wearing it when I need to.

My HOLY GRAIL PRODUCTS FOR A FLAWLESS COMPLEXION....from Skin Care Solutions

FACE

PC Healthy Finish Pressed Powder SPF 15 in Neautral

PC Barely There Sheer Matte Tint SPF 20 in Sheer Neutral

PC Healthy Finish Bronzing Powder SPF 15 is an awesome BROWN & MATTE Bronzer. No orange color and no sparkles!

CONCEALER

PC Soft Cream Concealer in Soft Neutral ( I need this heavy stuff for my DARK undereye circles) Its the only stuff that covers them up)

These products make my skin look so flawless. I've been getting so many compliments lately and I really attribute it to my new skin care routine and this makeup. I like that they have sunscreen in them too b/c if I used a seperate sunblock I would have horrible breakouts.

I sometimes use the Dr. Hauschka foundation but the lightest shade is still too dark for me because I am very fair skinned. (the foundation might be good to use in the summer) The powders are brilliant though and it smells really nice :) The foundation is translucent and doesn't really cover up bad spots or scars which is a problem :cry:

i am 28 and have never worn foundation. i am so afraid of breaking out. i have pale skin that shows every pimple! what is a good foundation that has spf in it that will absolutely not break me out! i don't a lot of coverage...

Don't be scared of make-up! I have been using it for years and I have seen no correlation what so ever between foundation and my skin breaking out.

I am also very pale and I like the natural look, so here's what I'm using that I would recommend:

Sephora primer (only if I know I'm going out for more than 5 hours)

Maybelline Matte Mousse-I'm surprised no one is using this here?! It gives you the smoothest and most natural coverage ever! Yoopergirl-get the lightest one or second lightest one available (porcelain or ture ivory I believe) The biggest mistake women with pale skin make is wearing foundation that is too dark :naughty:

Any concealer in a stick, slightly darker than your faoundation...do not use the liquid stuff...it does not cover pimples well.

Apply loose powder, and your skin will look flawless!

Of course, I can't stress enough how important it is to use the proper tools for applying make-up.

Never use sponges or fingers, cuz that is just smearing foundation in circles. Use a professional brush, and have a separate one for concealer. Good luck!

I use Covergirl.

It's called "fresh look, clear up"

I personally love it because it's tinted and has acne treatment cream in it.

It doesn't dry out and is cheapp. ;D

Then i'll just brush over it with a mineral powder,

sometimes, just to give it a look.

:D

i really like clairns true radience foundation. its oil free and and has a glow to it rather than a matte cakey look about it :D

dr. hauschkas toned day cream, bronze consentrate and loose powder(this is what i use). what i use to use to REALLY cover up was perscriptives photo chrome foundation, shieido stick foundation, laura mercier translucent powder and concealer.

i am from india and i get acne only 10 days 1 month sometimes its 1 and sometimes 10 what i do to hide them is i use olivia make-up stick which is an indian brand to hide my marks it gives a smooth finish i complete it with gala compact they r available in 10 shades you should try it man its amazin..

Cover Girl concealer

Bare Minerals foundation/blush (I can't stand liquid makeup anymore..plus BM makes my skin soft by the end of the day and has helped my skin not dry out so bad)

For my foundation, I currently use Almay Skin Stays Clean and really like it. It is so light. You feel like you are not wearing any makeup. Yet, it covers.

For powder, I use a bit of a thicker powder, I use the Cover Girl foundation powder.

For concealer, I am using Max Factor's erase. This product, I don't love so am on the hunt for a new concealer. From the posts, it appears that people like Cover Girl or MACs. I will look into them.

After reading everyone's posts, I am so interested in the Bare Mineral products. Honestly, I never thought about it as I thought with acne and scars that it wouldn't cover the redness the way that I need. However, it appears I am wrong. Maybe, this is the miracle makeup that I am looking for. Any others with success covering redness, blending with freckles and lessening scarring with the mineral makeup?

Thank you to all who have posted. I am new to this site, but think this forum is so valuable. So many people think acne is your fault and have no understanding of the pain and depression it causes. It is nice to find a place where people actually DO understand.

I have found that estee lauder double wear foundation is excellent for acne prone skin!

It is non comedogenic and non acnegenic and it has amazing coverage without being too heavy.

And it lasts 12 hours and does not come off on clothes.

Enough said really.

Have tried almost every foundation (used to work on the make up counters) and I swear by this one

Trust me is good and would never break you out.

Everything I use is by dior and I have never broken out and its absolutely brilliant. Highly reccomend it all.

I have been visiting this site for awhile, as my daughter has acne and is using Retin A Micro with good results. I am surprised that none of you use Mary Kay products!

The foundations have beautiful coverage, a good range of colors, and the medium and full coverage formulas are oil free. You can get custom color-matched by a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (samples). There is also a full range of skin care products, including cleansers and moisturizers. The new Oil Free Hydrating Gel is working beautifully for Hillary's dryness with the Retin A.

Mary Kay has been the best selling brand of facial skin care and colr cosmetics in the US for over 9years, is registered with the FDA, so has to substantiate claims, you get to try before you buy, and there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee! The prices are very competitive, as well. For example, all foundations are $14.

I have been a Mary Kay Independent Consultant for over 5 years and am also a Registered Nurse. During this time I have helped a number of women and men with skin care issues through the life span.

You all need to look into these products. For those in other countries, Mary Kay is in some 35 markets worldwide. Canada and Great Britain for sure.

Feel free to check out my website www.marykay.com/dhutcheson or go to www.marykay.com to locate a consultant in your area.

I hope this helps some of you. I have always had great skin, but I know how difficult it is through my daughter and my clients. My best to all of you.

Deborah

Best of luck to your daughter...but I've used Mary Kay cleansing products, I got a facial from sales rep cousin at a party and it broke me out worse than usual...Maybe others are different, though! And good luck with selling products, here... :think:

Bare Minerals feels great on the skin. It feels clean and has not induced a breakout...I have my hormones to do that job for me. :lol: HIghly recommended if you have the cash.

I use Escentuals Bare Minerals. Feels like I have nothing on, blends with my skin tone, and hides blemishes. It's pure minerals, so its good for your skin.

For the first few weeks your skin will get a little oily, but thats because Bare Minerals heals your skin, and draw the bad stuff out to do so. After about a month, though, that stopped happening, and my skin felt softer than ever.

I recently bought some Laura Mercier secret camouflage and i adore it! Best coverage i've ever gotten and VERY natural looking- just be sure to moisturize! Hasn't broke me out either! <3!!!!

I answered cover girl since that's what I use, although allI have tried make me break out and look TERRIBLE after 1-2 hours of wear (base or cover up).

It doesn't matter if the bottle is $10 or $50, they all look the same on (crappy) and are probably the cause of break outs a few days later.

NO cover ups actually cover up without looking like you put a layer of putty on your face to cover up large pimples.

HOw long have you been using MAC?? bc I started using it about 8 months ago and my beautician said it's THE reason why my skin has become horrible. I've been getting facials every month for the past 3 months and getting smoothbeam laser treatments AND taking YASMIN birth control all for my skin and nothing worked. And now I know that it was my MAC studio fix all a long. She says it's too professional strength and completely clogs pores. Salespeople at Sephora said the same thing. They've heard from numerous people who complained of getting bumps on their faces from using MAC. They recommended using LORAC instead because it's oil free.

My skin was fine until I started using MAC studio fix. I started using it because my skin looked uneven. It may seem awesome because of the coverage, but clogs pores! Skin without makeup is best for trying to clear up. Having bumps and trying to conceal them with gunk is a no-no. The powder/foundation just cakes around the raised skin, and for healing skin, it'll just look flakey as bits of Lay's potato chips. Coloured, I tell ya. Flakes of potato chips coloured by makeup!

Lancome Color ID, looks natural, blends very well, no break outs($32). If you only buy when they have free gifts it works out to be the same as buying your cover-up, mascara, lipstick/gloss, and shadow from a cheaper line. It is very sheer, but with good technique, you can get it to cover--I always use fingers, sponges breed acne.

I prefer Glo minerals to Bare Escentuals... it has better coverage, lasts longer and since it's in a compact it's not as messy as the loose powder

Chanel Double Perfection fluid makeup with spf 15 - incredible!!

Dior Skinflash concealer in roseglow - incredible!!

my derm ays neutragena or however it is spelt i the best bet, he says mac is ok too he says covergirl is the worst, which is what i used to use but my skin seemed to stay the same when i switched, i like the clean make up from neutrogena its super light and it has sylic acid, so if you need a moderate but breathable soverage it wokrs great, i just used an spf 30 aveno moisterizer first and aply healthy defence loose powder on my chil and forehead for oil absorbtion.

Hey I came across this awesome site that gave me some great tips. www.acnefighters.comIf you have a chance check it out, they helped clear my face!

I am currently using a combination of Physician's Formula and Almay Clear Skin.

Physician's Formula:

Compact foundation (the swirly one...) It evens my skin out VERY well and can go on as light as you want; sometimes I wet down my sponge a little first. It blends really easily so I can just put it on the redness around my nose and on my chin. I love their 2-ended green/skin tone concealer wand. The green is great for countering my red blemishes and scarring. Their cream to powder blush compact is awesome. It is sooo easy to blend, impossible to mess up, and looks very natural.

There is also a brightening tinted gel, it has little bubbles of pigment suspended in a gel. It goes on very nicely and is perfect for days when you don't want to do up your whole face. It has the tiniest sparkles in it too and dries to a powder finish.

Almay:

Clear Skin face powder. It has a tiny bit of salicylic acid which helps cut down on my shininess; always a plus. It has a bit of a scent which I really don't like. I think I'll switch back to PF once I use up this almay.

I highly recommend physician's formula. They have never made me break out. If your local grocery store is big enough it's easy to find their wide range of products. If you to to www.physiciansformula.com you should be able to find their more popular items for purchase ( I don't know if they ship outside the USA).

They have a few mineral-based items recently added to their line as well as a powder that is specifically formulated for very sensitive skin.

Everyone should try this brand.

i have both MAC and everyday minerals foundation. i use the EM everyday and MAC only once ina while cos it breaks me out. for blushes, i use NARS

I'm using neutrogena skinclearing makeup right now....I was surprised no one else was!! Is there something wrong with it? o___O;;;

I'm currently trying out physician's formula mineral pressed powder. It's not working that well for my acne (bleah!!) but it made my skin look more natural.....=/