Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OursFan

What Brand of Makeup Do You Currently Use? - POLL

What Brand Makeup Do You Currently Use?  

1579 members have voted

1. 1. What Brand Makeup Do You Currently Use?

• Almay
    • Cover Girl
    • MAC
    • Maybelline
    • Neutrogena
    • Prescriptives
    • Revlon
    • Jane
    • Mineral Makeup (such as Aromaleigh, Jane Iredale, etc.)
    • OTHER

This is a poll to find out what type of makeup each of you is currently using.

Please post what you do / do not like about it in this thread.

Please only list products that do NOT break you out.

Thanks! :)

Currently using MAC Studio Fix.

I like that it doesn't break me out, and that it prevents oily skin. It also gives a fair amount of coverage.

I don't like that I can't just go out and buy it at a drugstore when I want to, but I can deal with that. O:)

Guest rjl

dr. hauschkas toned day cream, bronze consentrate and loose powder(this is what i use). what i use to use to REALLY cover up was perscriptives photo chrome foundation, shieido stick foundation, laura mercier translucent powder and concealer.

I love makeup....so these are some of the things I've tried and love.

Foundation

-MAC select spf15 (liquid foundation) matte dry, control oil, fast dry

-MAC studio fix (powder foundation)

-Revlon ColorStay Stay Natural....very light, dry, matte finish. Doesn't break me out but it is too sheer for me. I use this one for a week, then give it away to my friend.

-Laura Mercier (liquid foundation) perfume free, no harsh preservative

-Laura Mercier (powder foundation) very smooth texture

-Becca Stick foundation. Might be a bit too oily for people with oily skin. But it does cover very well. Can be use as concealer too. very pigmented.

-Becca concealer.....very thick and pigmented. Large color range.

*not recommend* Becca luminous skin....I love becca but I have to recommen against this one. It broke me out like crazy.

Powder

-dermablend setting powder

-Laura Mercier loose powder

In general, which is better for acne-prone skin : POWDER (2-way cake etc) or LIQUID foundation ?

the counter girls tell me liq is better but what's YOUR personal experience ?

i'm using estee lauder equalizer makeup spf 10..haven't used it often enough to know if it breaks me out...keep fingers n toes crossed !!

Guest rjl

estee lauder is BAD for your skin! foudation and powder is the most important products to buy so a lover of make-up i'm hoping you will try another product:) samples, samples, samples!

Guest rjl

hey sparty, tell me more about "becca" stuff. never heard of it.

I use Jane Iredale blusher, powder compact and mascara - I like the fact they have built in sunscreen and the fact they have great ingredients. I hate the fact they are so expensive - but we can't get Amoraleigh in the UK and they won't ship international.

used aromaleigh mineral makeup for a long time. it doesn't break me out, but doesn't have as high a coverage as I often want. I'm currently using Almay skin stays clean liquid foundation, which doesn't break me out, doesn't get oily, and doesn't get dry. I don't usually need to put powder on over it.

Clinique does it for me. Their Stay True oil-free foundation is the best. I mix it with my sunscreen, though.

On the liquid vs. powder question someone asked: I would say it depends on the makeup. Hopefully, you should be able to find both liquid and powder makeups that don't break you out. I think that liquid gives better coverage, though, which is usually a concern for acne sufferers.

i am currently using the Revlon Colorstay Foundation in NUDE. i find it to give very good coverage for my moderate acne, controls my oily skin and seems to stay on well. the only downside is that you must rub it in quickly cuz it sets fast!!

Maybeline ever fresh foundation (don't use it but maybe 2 days a week)

Clinique Advanced conceal in matte light (most important product)

Maybeline wonder curl mascara (doesn't have much to do w/ skin biggrin.gif )

Lotion: Ecerine Q-10 anti wrinkle w/ SPF 15 (LOVE it)

I don't really use blush or anything like that.

I am using aromaliegh for the time being and am not impressed. I use cetaphil moisuriser and so the makeup seems to wear off over my somewhate greasy, yet effective moisturiser. Aromaliegh seems to also cake. My boyfriend is always telling me to blend it in around my nose (it cakes up). I used to use lancome photogenic which I loved! Thinking about going back, but the thing is, I went off of it the same time I went on the regimen and in the back of my mind I fear the photogenic may have contributed to my breakouts prior the regimine...that's my story :-k

galpal - I can relate to what you are saying. Although I really like mineral makeup (in my case, Jane Iredale) I found that it wore off fairly quickly and didn't help my very oil skin. I had to blot it at least two times a day for it to look decent, and even reapply some pressed powder in the afternoon. What I am using now is Laura Mercier foundation & pressed powder. It lasts throughout the day, and I only blot once a day in the afternoon. You might want to look into it.

Another thing -- If you really liked the Lancome, maybe try it in on a small area of your face for a week or so and see if it breaks you out. If not, then you know it's probably ok for you to use.

Lancome foundations are the best! They have 2 or 3 that are oil-free, I think. My last bottle was called "Teint Idole." It didn't aggravate my acne at all and it blended so beautifuly. Right now I'm on a tight budget, so I got some L'oreal (which is the company that also makes Lancome) "Airwear" instead. Being on the regimen seems to prevent the stuff from blending just right, though. I feel like I'm just pushing flakes around. lol

I'm currently using Maybelline's liquid foundation

but i'd like to ask you guys whether...

Paula's Choice <--is this makeup brand good?

is it suitable for acne prone/oily skin? O:)

Paula's Choice????

most of her colored make up are good. SERIOUSLY DO NOT try Paula's Choice press powder. It is the worse pressed powder I've tried in my life. It is much worse than Face of Australia pressed powder (AUD$10 compare to Paula's AUD$30+). Everything else from her cosmetic line is ok.

I love makeup.....But I will never ever buy her pressed powder again EVER.

I use clinique clarifying make up powder formula (they don't make this foundation in liquid form naylore) and I find it amazing. is very natural ancd it covers up real good.

I use it with anti-bemish solutions concealing cream, which is very good but it has salicylic acid inside, so you can't using it while you're on dan's regimen.

Anyway, my derm told me that the powder foundation is the best for skin problems, because it doesn't cloge pores.

Lancome foundations are the best!  They have 2 or 3 that are oil-free, I think.  My last bottle was called \"Teint Idole.\"  It didn't aggravate my acne at all and it blended so beautifuly.  

I love Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup SPF 15. It absolutely covers everything!! I couldn't leave the house without it.

The back of the box says

For all tpes of skin imperfections including acne and surgical scars, birthmarks, varicose veins.