Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio8647

Hey try to imagine your face being clear! Helps some!

I know it sounds stupid & ridiculous.... but sometimes... when I go out... I try to convince myself that I have clear skin & it does make me feel better & more freely. I try to think as my face being clear & in a way I kind of believe it... I know I'm not making sense... but you guys should try to do it! :) .Just when I run into a mirror... that's the problem!

Dude thats so true. I go out after looking in my three favorite mirrors and basically say that if you can see my whole body and my hair is looking good and im wearing a red, or blue shirt and nice pants then my acne will not be the main focus. If I have been at the computer for like 30mins to an hour I will go look in the mirror right away and from the difference in lighting my pupils like changed their views and now I see myself as a lot clearer, and slightly tanner, but I know in like 10 minutes or after washing my face I will look almost pale. I have a good skin complexion but I need to go tanning like tommorow or monday so I can get rid of the shame of looking in the downstairs mirror which always is extra bright and makes me look pale. I think mirror's are tricky. I always tell myself, I look truest in a full length mirro(and I look good in them). Sometimes I feel really good, and I will come back to the mirror later and hate myself and want to come on here and post about how I feel and see if I can make myself better in anyway. I long for the week I will be perfectly clear and then the next week after not applying mass BP and looking stupidly white and or flaky in some dry spots I will once again get a little amount of acne, and sometimes something will come out of the least expected spot and make a nasty pimple for 3 weeks. Anyways, if your acne is not horrible that is a very good idea unless your on a date then you myswell just act normal. Just make yourself 5x your usualy coolness, dont say much, dont act sad either tho. And just be normal as possible. If you don't act like your acne is there, it will not be noticed as that bad of a thing by most people, and you can go out and do stuff, just no dates or crap like that because thats when looking your best does count. Try not to look in any mirrors, it will just confuse you if anything because to my knowledge... different mirrors/lighting affect majorly how you look. And if u have ever looked into a small face mirror in bad light and seen a different you, it probably was a tottally different u, because your skin is creamy colored, and in sunlight it looks natural. In regular light it looks best for acne.

hmmm..I might have to try this. I always feel the worst about myself after looking in a mirror. I think I might try to avoid looking in mirrors too much for awhile and see how I feel.

"I think, therefore I am"

mind over matter works, if you feel good about yourself, other people see that, and your lesser features will not be on their mind.

its very true, if you forget you have acne, its like you don't have acne. People notice how you are feeling and react according to that. Body language is everything, what you say doesn't matter, its what you think and how you move yourself. How you express yourself when you talk is more important than how you say it. I will go to the mall and forget I have acne and I feel the ebst I have in a long time, then I look in a mirror with the same mindset and I don't even look at it, its like it has dissapeared and instead I'm looking at my hair, collar or whatever. Thats why the most beautiful people don't really care how they look, they are just happy and it makes them beautiful. Well they may take good care of themselves, but also feel good no matter what they are wearing, how their hair looks, they can look good in anything and that is because they have a good mind set. We should all try this out and see what happens. We should stop trying so hard and just forget about our problems. We should focus on what IS good about us or not even about us, but someone else.

Wow, I was looking at this topic & I was like, I don't remember posting this but then I looked at how old it was & I was like, oh lol!Anyway...

It's funny! Because when I feel good & I'm myself, being funny! People are attracted to that.. You won't believe how many girls actually talked to me with my skin looking like this, & alot of them were hot girls too... not that it matters.Some months ago, I was walking in the mall, Of course I had scars.. but I dressed nice, had a nice haircut,I was walking confidently & she blew a kiss at me.. I had to turn my body around to make sure she wasn't blowing at someone else. Though it's hard, It amazes me that someone can view me as attractive when I don't even think so!

The best thing you can do for youself and think you are attractive. Don't be too vain though, just know or make yourself believe that you are good looking and attractive. No matter what other people say, know you are attractive. It really helps with your self confidence and ability to talk to women as well as do other things. Yes I might add DRESSING NICE AND HAVING A GOOD HAIRCUT HELPS GUYS! Don't be afraid to dress up in color and nicely, girls love a guy who can dress nice and with confidence. You may think of it as gay, or something or you are worried about other people thinking you are gay, the only people who will think you are gay will be the people you didn't want to know in the first place, so don't worry about looking gay. Trust me, it really does help. Don't be afraid to try something new, chances are you'll like the new you and keep it up. Even if something isn't you, try it out and see how it goes, it can't get any worse. Unless you completely screw up mixing and matching patterns and look like a circus clown, but chances are most of you guys already knwow aht looks good and what doesn't, so go use that knowledge that you have and try somehting new! It really does help make you feel better and it helps you forget about your acne because you are too busy worrying about your clothes!

The best thing you can do for youself and think you are attractive. Don't be too vain though, just know or make yourself believe that you are good looking and attractive. No matter what other people say, know you are attractive. It really helps with your self confidence and ability to talk to women as well as do other things. Yes I might add DRESSING NICE AND HAVING A GOOD HAIRCUT HELPS GUYS! Don't be afraid to dress up in color and nicely, girls love a guy who can dress nice and with confidence. You may think of it as gay, or something or you are worried about other people thinking you are gay, the only people who will think you are gay will be the people you didn't want to know in the first place, so don't worry about looking gay. Trust me, it really does help. Don't be afraid to try something new, chances are you'll like the new you and keep it up. Even if something isn't you, try it out and see how it goes, it can't get any worse. Unless you completely screw up mixing and matching patterns and look like a circus clown, but chances are most of you guys already knwow aht looks good and what doesn't, so go use that knowledge that you have and try somehting new! It really does help make you feel better and it helps you forget about your acne because you are too busy worrying about your clothes!

Sometimes the stores have more of a selection yes, I find that is the case with a lot of places online they really don't have as much a selection as in most stores. What stores do you like though? I could give you information about what the selection is in most stores, so just give me a few and I'll let you know.

Sometimes the stores have more of a selection yes, I find that is the case with a lot of places online they really don't have as much a selection as in most stores. What stores do you like though? I could give you information about what the selection is in most stores, so just give me a few and I'll let you know.

I've never been to the Buckle, but I have a friend who orders custom made jeans from them because she fits into jeans weirdly. I can ask her about the selection when she gets home tonight and I'll let you know. As for Pacsun, they have a very big selection, I don't shop there myself, but when I go in for someone else they have a lot of t shirts, jeans and shoes. You should ask one of your friends who like sto shopping or a girl to go with you to help you pick out something you make like. I may be wrong, but I thought Pacsun was a skater/punk store mostly? What kind of clothing do you like? I could probably help you find the clothes you liek somewhere else if you don't really like Pacsun all too much.

Is this the Buckle you are talkign about, www.buckle.com? If so you have pretty nice tastes for a guy who doesn't like to shop. Most guys I know would rather buy stuff at Marshalls (I cry though) or something else not nearly as nice as that selection.

I've never been to the Buckle, but I have a friend who orders custom made jeans from them because she fits into jeans weirdly. I can ask her about the selection when she gets home tonight and I'll let you know. As for Pacsun, they have a very big selection, I don't shop there myself, but when I go in for someone else they have a lot of t shirts, jeans and shoes. You should ask one of your friends who like sto shopping or a girl to go with you to help you pick out something you make like. I may be wrong, but I thought Pacsun was a skater/punk store mostly? What kind of clothing do you like? I could probably help you find the clothes you liek somewhere else if you don't really like Pacsun all too much.

That sounds like a good style to have. I'm more edgier, but certainly value a good clean polo and woven shirt most of the time. I like to wear flashier clothing though, mostly designer personally. You could if you have some around you look at small boutiques, they generally have really cool woven shirts, really really cool washed jeans and some nice polos. They as well have some really cool looking vintage t shirts. Also if you have one anywhere near you, a Saks Fifth Avenue or Neiman Marcus, they will have some definitely mroe pricey clothing but also really cool and hip and clean. Sometimes Abercrombie and Fitch even has nice clean clothes, they have nice polos and woven shirts. Don't go with their jeans though, they're tailored horribly, if you want some vintage and destroyed jeans, you could find them at the other stores I have listed much much better quality and longer lasting, definitely more money, but they will last forever. The Buckle sounds like a good place to go, I'd go there this weekend maybe if you can and get some new clothes for the upcoming fall and maybe even some cool summer clothes that you can find on sale right about now.

That sounds like a good style to have. I'm more edgier, but certainly value a good clean polo and woven shirt most of the time. I like to wear flashier clothing though, mostly designer personally. You could if you have some around you look at small boutiques, they generally have really cool woven shirts, really really cool washed jeans and some nice polos. They as well have some really cool looking vintage t shirts. Also if you have one anywhere near you, a Saks Fifth Avenue or Neiman Marcus, they will have some definitely mroe pricey clothing but also really cool and hip and clean. Sometimes Abercrombie and Fitch even has nice clean clothes, they have nice polos and woven shirts. Don't go with their jeans though, they're tailored horribly, if you want some vintage and destroyed jeans, you could find them at the other stores I have listed much much better quality and longer lasting, definitely more money, but they will last forever. The Buckle sounds like a good place to go, I'd go there this weekend maybe if you can and get some new clothes for the upcoming fall and maybe even some cool summer clothes that you can find on sale right about now.

Hey, thanks! There's a Saks at the mall and tons of boutiques downtown by the university. I've never heard of or Neiman Marcus though. eusa_think.gif I'll have to check them out some time. So, online is out right b/c you don't have as much of a selection and they might not have the deals that they have at the stores?

BTW: You're a girl right?

No problem at all, glad I could help someone out! Yeah you should check out teh boutiques and Saks has a huge selection. Neiman Marcus is like a Saks, except its originally based in Texas while Saks obviously originated on Saks Fifth Avenue in New York. Online is not out, but yes it is good to try on your clothes before you buy them and you most likely will find better sales in the stores. And by the way, I am not a girl, haha.

Edited by A-PRO

I like clothin and shopping, but I dont pay $400 for a pair of jeans that was sewn in a 3rd world country in a dark factory by some little girl going blind just cause it says abercrombie and fitch on it cause "expensive clothes define me as a person" and "im worth it". Fuckin yuppie freaks