Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trickyazn

Okay some QUICK recommendations.

I'm an asian male.. just started college and I'm one of the few-many that started breaking out for the first times in their lives. I have used Noveir for a while and it isnt cutting it.. for those of you who doesnt know what brand that is.. its based on salytic acid and not bp. Though Proactiv uses BP should I try that out or should i try a different approach? I mean i have small red pimples but their VERY noticable in person.. they WERE big once but they havent got any better lately. Are they slowly becoming scars or are they still very much alive and breakoutable again?

[attachmentid=3849]

[attachmentid=3850]

thanks for the help in advance.

I highly recommend you carefully read and watch the videos and learn how to do The Regimen. Looks like you have mild-moderate acne that could really benefit from the Regimen. ProActiv is crap, however, you can use the "repairing lotion", which is 2.5% bp, as recommended on this site. However, it smells awful :sick: . But. if you already bought it, you probably don't want to waste all your money, so go ahead and use it if you can stomach the smell :angel: It doesn't look like you have bad scarring, but keep in mind that the red marks from previous break outs can take several months to completely disappear. They aren't scars though.

I've only been on The Regimen for about a month, and I have only a couple of active pimples, and the red marks are fading. It's a must try!

Good luck.

red marks disappear in 7 months?!.. i dont get that.. will regimens cure it? or your talking about if i just leave it there and not do anything to cure it.

From the time a pimple starts forming to the time you can't ever tell you had it on your skin, it is 6 months - a year. the best way to stop the red marks is to stop the acne from forming.

I did Proactiv. It worked for ~2 years with fantastic results. I agree that it smells pretty bad, and it is pretty laborious to do the whole system 2x a day. Plus the Proactiv people aren't exactly helpful when you want to discontinue your membership. It is also pretty expensive - $40 for a month's worth if you use it the way they recommend. When it abruptly stopped working, it SUCKED. I didn't know what to do at all. I am on accutane now. Not saying that is the solution to your problem... but as Dan and so many others have had beautiful results for many years on the regimen, I would give it a try. If you have questions about accutane as a solution, check my log (or anyone else on here that is on accutane) to see what happens when REAL people take it. The cysts under your jaw would make you a candidate, but I do agree that because it is so mild the regimen would probably clear you right up!

Good luck!

Yes, Definetly try out the regimen for first time.

It works awesomely. I do not use it anymore due to the fact that my skin is always always dry and it's always flakey. As well I had to alaways use loads of moisturizer and i think that clogged my pores causing more outbreaks in pimples.

Yep, it can take several months - year for a red mark to fade. Really sucks, yes. Like stated above, the best thing you can do is stop the pimples from forming, to stop the cycle. Then wait for the red marks to fade. The bp really doesn't help with red marks unfortunately.

Dude you are beginning a journey into HELL just like the rest of us. You will suffer until you find something that helps you, you already have a taste of stuff that doesnt do shit...I will tell you that you will need to kill the acne first, then worry about the marks left over..

Do the clear skin regimen. I am in the process of beginnign it...im not using dans Bp tho i plan to use DDF bp + tea tree gel along with my philosophy cleanser and a good moisturizer i havent picked out yet.

I might have a cure for the red marks or a product that i made that is hellping my redmarks to fade fast... Requires about 3 to 4 applications a day.... If my redmarks fade then i will post it...Im hopping it will work... So far im on day 1 and half and my marks have lightened alot and now blending into the skin.. Plus it doesnt stink or cause irratation... But i will start a log probable in 4 days... Yes i do have pictures of the start and pictures after each application and about 1hr latter.