Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chokibear

jlynne cosmetics

hi again!! ive finally received my jlynne samples and their coverage is amazing!! my only prob is i think i chose the wrong shade, it was too light. it was "fair warm 0.8"..my aunt said the color looked okay on me but i really think its too light.anyone want to suggest the right color??im asian but my skin color( especially my face) isnt that tan... im planning on ordering more samples but the shipping cost just throws me off. i wish they didnt charge for shipping on samples=(

hi again!! ive finally received my jlynne samples and their coverage is amazing!! my only prob is i think i chose the wrong shade, it was too light. it was "fair warm 0.8"..my aunt said the color looked okay on me but i really think its too light.anyone want to suggest the right color??im asian but my skin color( especially my face) isnt that tan... im planning on ordering more samples but the shipping cost just throws me off. i wish they didnt charge for shipping on samples=(

im having a hard time applying jlynne foundation!! how come the powder stays in one place when i try to spread it around my face??

kabuki brushes are definitely neccessary for mineral makeup

it's funny i have samples but haven't tried them yet

currently using cory minerals and i like it but would like something with more sun protection

im having a hard time applying jlynne foundation!! how come the powder stays in one place when i try to spread it around my face??

Hi Chokibear,

I use some of jlynne's products myself. I don't know much about foundation colors but I do know they have a forum with lots of color and application advice. You can access the forum from the website where you ordered the samples or maybe even email the owner directly. She has always gotten back to me very quickly!

When I have trouble applying my minerals (because you can only use a very small amount) I sometimes put a little in my moisturizer, then apply that way to my face. It does take a little getting used to!!

Good luck! I think it is worth it because mineral makeup can be really good for your skin... especially problem skin like mine!

Hi Chokibear,

I use some of jlynne's products myself. I don't know much about foundation colors but I do know they have a forum with lots of color and application advice. You can access the forum from the website where you ordered the samples or maybe even email the owner directly. She has always gotten back to me very quickly!

When I have trouble applying my minerals (because you can only use a very small amount) I sometimes put a little in my moisturizer, then apply that way to my face. It does take a little getting used to!!

Good luck! I think it is worth it because mineral makeup can be really good for your skin... especially problem skin like mine!

thanks 2crazydogs!! =) so what do u think of jlynne's makeup line? do u like it?

Hi Chokibear,

Edited by 2CrazyDogs

Hi Chokibear,

thanks 2crazydogs!! =) so what do u think of jlynne's makeup line? do u like it?

HeyChokibear:)

I ordered samples a couple of months ago and liked several of them. I have a hard time NOT over applying my mineral foundation and found hers a little difficult for me. Plus the color sample I ordered was a little too yellow. I do like her finishing powders (Translucent), blush (Soulmate), and I especially like her Lip Colors (Audrey.) I never got around to ordering another foundation sample in a different color though.

It's hard when you are trying new minerals because if you over apply you've got to wash and start over. I'm also doing Dan's Regimen, so I can't wash my face so much!!!

Have you had better luck applying??

Unfortunately no!! im having a hard time applying it too, no matter how small the amount of powder on my brush, when i buff it on my face it still looks like i have too much and i end up looking like having a mask on or sumthing..its weird..i figured it was because of the color too so i ordered another sample of a different color.n im still waiting for it to arrive...i hope it works better this time!! im currently using jane iredale n im trying to look for an alternative because its sooo expensive and the coverage is quite sheer. i like jlynne because its coverage is full without having to layer too much but i just really have a hard time not applying too much.=( i tried to mix it with moisturizer but the liquid powder dried up before i could finish.=(

u have to really tap off excess b4 u apply and brush really lightly on skin first and then build up in layers

Hi Chokibear,

HeyChokibear:)

I ordered samples a couple of months ago and liked several of them. I have a hard time NOT over applying my mineral foundation and found hers a little difficult for me. Plus the color sample I ordered was a little too yellow. I do like her finishing powders (Translucent), blush (Soulmate), and I especially like her Lip Colors (Audrey.) I never got around to ordering another foundation sample in a different color though.

It's hard when you are trying new minerals because if you over apply you've got to wash and start over. I'm also doing Dan's Regimen, so I can't wash my face so much!!!

Have you had better luck applying??

Unfortunately no!! im having a hard time applying it too, no matter how small the amount of powder on my brush, when i buff it on my face it still looks like i have too much and i end up looking like having a mask on or sumthing..its weird..i figured it was because of the color too so i ordered another sample of a different color.n im still waiting for it to arrive...i hope it works better this time!! im currently using jane iredale n im trying to look for an alternative because its sooo expensive and the coverage is quite sheer. i like jlynne because its coverage is full without having to layer too much but i just really have a hard time not applying too much.=( i tried to mix it with moisturizer but the liquid powder dried up before i could finish.=(

Chokibear, if you have something like a translucent multi-powder (just sericite or mica, any brand) you could mix a little in with your foundation. I know they ship really fast at Jlynne so maybe you'll get your sample soon and that will make a difference.

Have you used anything besides jane iredale??? I ordered samples from 5 or 6 co.'s around the same time and now I actually use different minerals for foundation, blush, eyeshadow etc..

My favorite foundation is Mineral Boutique w/ Vit E. I use Halt It (for oilies) and Veil it, but they also have Cover It which has heavier coverage. I understand a lot of gals LOVE it!!! Then I apply the Finish Powder, etc. Sometimes it can take a couple of weeks to get your order, but I think it is worth it. :)

make sure you moisturize before applying make up. I use a teeny bit of grapeseed oil,and I do have oily skin. Tap off all the extra. The secret is to apply very light layers and build up to the coverage you want. to make your foundation look less chalky you can spritz your face with a hydrosol or water and blend with your brush. It makes my skin look flawless. I LOVE Jlynne. Her customer service is amazing. The ladies on her board are very helpful and Jess herself is a doll.

make sure you moisturize before applying make up. I use a teeny bit of grapeseed oil,and I do have oily skin. Tap off all the extra. The secret is to apply very light layers and build up to the coverage you want. to make your foundation look less chalky you can spritz your face with a hydrosol or water and blend with your brush. It makes my skin look flawless. I LOVE Jlynne. Her customer service is amazing. The ladies on her board are very helpful and Jess herself is a doll.

hey! ive used jane iredale and jlynne thats about it.. whats the real effective technique for jlynne?? also, does theire blush have shimmery effects? i dont like it when it has shimmery effects.....does the foundation really look alot better with the finishing powder?

I was thinking about maybe ordering jlynne cosmetics to hide all the red marks. I was just wondering....because she doesn't have a store to try stuff out in:

Is the coverage strong enough to conceal dark red marks?

Does it look cakey?

I just really want to find a foundation that is

1. good (or better at least) for my skin

2. provides decent coverage cuz i got LOTS of red marks

3. looks as natural as possible

how long do her products normally take to ship, and how much does the shipping typically cost for the USA

I know these are a bit hard to come by (especially #3) but I was wondering what people thought about jlynne cosmetics reguarding these things. I am also looking into Afterglow Cosmetics which seems to get good reviews, but I searched and not many people on this site use it/have posted about it.

anyways, I would love some feedback!

o btw: I have very light asian skin (im mixed) and especially cuz of all the acne treatment my face is a bit lighter than my neck etc. I was just wondering how the color selection was because I looked at the website but I don't even know where to start cuz there are so many choices!!