Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iceman

red face while on accutane

I have been on 120mg of accutane for about a week, and so far my only noticeable side-effect is a very red face. It's not dry and does not itch it is just red and very annoying. I'm on accutane for my back and chest, is the redding of the face normal? and if so is there anything i can put on it such as aloe vera or anything? Thanks in adavnce

120mg is a lot. your supposed to have a 1:1 / kg:mg ratio while on accutane. im 150 lbs. which is 65 kg so i take 65 mg of accutane a day. your high dosage might be the cause of your red face. you should see a derm and get your prescription re-evaluated.

my face is a light pink color on the cheeks and around my eyebrows. it's annoying, luckily i have long hair in the front and it covers the contrast between the pink around my eyebrows and a white forehead.

there's nothing you can do except wait for your course of accutane to finish. i am using nicomide and vitamin c and e and nothing is improving the skin tone.

I started getting red face on roaccutane after a month and it would get even redder sespecially when a cold wind would hit it or something which makes you go slightly red (ie embarassment, crying, somethign hitting it, washing it), it would go bright red like a tomato. Anyway I was scared it would always be like even after I finished roaccutane, but about a week or two after I stopped taking it it went away. And over time my skin tone has evened out very well, minus the red marks from teh cysts which are now a light pink. I was taking 60mg and im just under 60kg