Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I always see people talking about how good Aquaphor is for accutane lips so I finally bought some. But I expected alot more than what it is. The only active ingredient in this is Petrolatum. So it's pretty much just vaseline. It feels like vaseline and looks like it too. At $5 for this little tube I feel ripped off. This stuff doesn't even work that great compared to regular chapstick.

So am I missing something? What is the fuss over this?

The reason I used Aquaphor is because it is easier to put on then vasoline. I do not want to stick my hands in a big tub of vasoline and smear it on my lips if my hands are not clean.

Also there is something extra in the Aquaphor. I have been using the Vasoline for a while and Aquaphor only for a few weeks, but I can definatley tell there is something different. The Aquaphor makes my lips a little puffier.

Yeah there's also Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol. But these are listed as Inactive Ingredients. Where the only active ingredient listed is Petrolatum. Same as vaseline. To be honest I can't notice any difference between the two.

just because the ingredients are listed as inactive doesn't mean they don't do anything. if they were useless, they wouldn't be there, right? mineral oil absorbs farther into your skin than petrolatum, making lips much more moist and supple. bisabolol is the main ingredient in chamomile extract, i believe, and it has great calming effects on the skin. vaseline is more of just an oitment to protect skin from the elements, while aquaphor protects from the elements while also healing and moisturizing the skin. trust me, aquaphor really is better. and that little $5 tube will last you forever. i've had mine for years, and i still have a ton left.

aquaphor doesn't clog your pores

i am sorry to say it does, there are a few of the most pore clogging ingridients in it but you really just put it on your lips which has no pores anyway, so the pore clogging is really not an issue. i love aquaphor for lips, it is the only thing that worked on my accutane lips, i tried every lip balm out there, from clarins to chapstick, aquaphor is the only one that helped!!

aquaphor doesn't clog your pores

i am sorry to say it does, there are a few of the most pore clogging ingridients in it but you really just put it on your lips which has no pores anyway, so the pore clogging is really not an issue. i love aquaphor for lips, it is the only thing that worked on my accutane lips, i tried every lip balm out there, from clarins to chapstick, aquaphor is the only one that helped!!

I too bought Aquaphor but don't like it. I picked up Eucerin Healing Ointment from Shoppers Drug Mart and that seems to work much better for my lips than Aquaphor.