Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
real maverick

Exciting new findings on JOJOBA OIL and BP!

Another member Gentle~Rain linked me to a site earlier today, that's using a oil based BP, and guess what, the oil used is JOJOBA, it also contains Kiwi and Hazelnut oil.

The theory is that the oil penetrates deeper (which is true) and therefore is far more effective, the Jojoba also helps unclog the pores and keep the skin soft and prevent irritation.

I believe this theory to be true, it makes logical sense.

I love Jojoba oil, but I've not used it for the past few days as my skin was already soft and didn't think I needed it, however, after reading this, I've applied my evening BP and lots of Jojoba oil.

The site says that their tests have shown BP oil, to be 5 times more effective than water based BP, the company also sell a water based BP but stress that it's not nearly as effective.

I've not added a link, as the site is selling a product, I think it may be just as effective to use the BP and Jojoba we already have?

I feel quite positive about the combination of Jojoba and BP.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I feel quite positive about light therapy. It penetrates deeper than BP gel or oil, it has the same/better results, and it's far less annoying than applying creams twice a day. :D

But great find.

That is some interesting info, Mav. I think that Dan's BP being applied immediately after the jojoba oil should be almost equally as effective as the oil based solution. I would think that if you allow the oil to dry, however, then the results would not be as positive.

I just wanted to ask, did you have the same reduction in blackheads that I experienced after using jojoba? I'm still pretty much in disbelief over that.

I just wanted to ask, did you have the same reduction in blackheads that I experienced after using jojoba? I'm still pretty much in disbelief over that.

The site talks about this, and it says the Jojoba prevents blackheads, strange? I don't have any really so I can't say.

The thing is, Jojoba doesn't really 'dry' as such, it tends to keep the skin moist, I applied the BP first tonight and then lots of Jojoba oil.

I feel quite positive about light therapy. It penetrates deeper than BP gel or oil, it has the same/better results, and it's far less annoying than applying creams twice a day

D'ya think? As the Jojoba penetrates to the hair shaft, for light to penetrate deeper, where exactly does it penetrate to? the bone? :P

"I would think that if you allow the oil to dry, however, then the results would not be as positive."

why do you say that. i think it would be just as effective even after waiting 5-10 mintues before using BP.

Ludacrisss you're simply wrong I'm afraid.

It's not true, at all, Jojoba actually unclogs your pores, not sure where you got your info, or perhaps its just an asumption, either way, it's wrong.

So what is the best way to apply Jojoba Oil?? I am on the Regimen and I really want to incoroporate Jojoba into my regimen and perhaps even replace my current mosturierizer.

I am getting conflicting views. Some people say put it on a damp face, some say leave it on after BP, before BP, some even say rinse off, wouldnt it be more effective to leave it on??. . . so whats the best and most effective way to apply it?

So what is the best way to apply Jojoba Oil?? I am on the Regimen and I really want to incoroporate Jojoba into my regimen and perhaps even replace my current mosturierizer.

I am getting conflicting views. Some people say put it on a damp face, some say leave it on after BP, before BP, some even say rinse off, wouldnt it be more effective to leave it on??. . . so whats the best and most effective way to apply it?

Experiment and see what suits you best. Personally, I slap jojoba on right after cleansing to prevent my skin from drying out. Also, I always thought that it would make Bp more effective seeing as how jojoba is a carrier oil and gets deep down into pores.

ALso, I have read on a lot of sites that jojoba is a mild exfoliant so lessening of blackheads and such would be expected.

One last caveat, I stumbled across a site that said Jojoba can be used as an under eye "beauty secret" application to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. So jojoba can help with the "BP wrinkles" people often get.

I'd agree on this. I think the jojoba oil does seem to help with your skin absorbing the BP more effectively. Since I got my jojoba oil on Friday, I've been applying that first after cleansing and then BP about 15 minutes later and it's been working good.

And atleast for me after applying the jojoba oil you can still see some on the surface which is the shinyness. So then applying BP to me would mean they'd mix together especially rubbing the BP in until it absorbs. Seems to me like a good combination.

any kind of oil makes oily skin oiler. any kind of oil clogs pores and causes breakouts, try rubbing tanning oil on your face, ur fucked.

i dont know whos telling you this but thats a load of crap.. oils get a bad rep from the media.. but in reality.. most of them dont clog pores.. there are a ton of good oils you can use on your skin that shouldnt clog your pores.. tanning oil isnt exactly the same as jojoba oil.

any kind of oil makes oily skin oiler. any kind of oil clogs pores and causes breakouts, try rubbing tanning oil on your face, ur fucked.

Every type of oil is different. Some will clog pores, some will irritate the skin, others will only help your skin. Not all tanning oils are the same either. I used to put the Hempz brand lotion on my face and I never had a problem with it.

Just an update, last night before bed, I had 3 active spots on my chin, jawline, and all 3 have faded to nothing overnight.

I used about the usual amount of BP, and then added lots of Jojoba which the BP was sinking in, I kept rubbing it in as usual, I was left with a slight shine, but I was going to bed, so it didn't matter.

This morning I did the same but with less Jojoba :)

Ok, so everyone seems to really be a fan of the Jojoba Oil!!! Now that just means I'm going to have to try it. Maverick, I know you have stated this before, but tell me exactly how you use the Jojoba Oil, since you seem to really understand it's benefits and have been using it for awhile. How much do you use, when and where do you apply it? Sorry for all the questions, but I like specific insturctions. :) Also, There is Organic Jojoba Oil on drugstore.com. Is this the same as you use? Thanks.

Hi laraa,

I use one from Holland and Barrett, as long as its pure, thats the main thing to look for, 100% Jojoba oil.

I have tried applying it many ways, and each seems to be a success, currently I'm applying it WITH The BP, mixing them together and rubbing them in, and my skins looking cool. I use about 5 - 10 drops.

Hi laraa,

I use one from Holland and Barrett, as long as its pure, thats the main thing to look for, 100% Jojoba oil.

I have tried applying it many ways, and each seems to be a success, currently I'm applying it WITH The BP, mixing them together and rubbing them in, and my skins looking cool. I use about 5 - 10 drops.

Thanks Maverick. I appreciate it :D

Real Maverick, I need lots of help. Im about to give up, I have tried EVERYTHING. You name it, Ive tried it. I read that "Jojoba Oil" helps removes the little red sports from old acne breakouts? I have countless of these on my cheeks. They have been there for months. Should I try this Oil, will it really help? Where can I buy it? Thanks alot man, please reply back.

Real Maverick, can you tell me more about Jojoba Oil, where I can get it, and if it can really eliminate the tiny red acne spots on my cheeks which have been there fore months? Thanks man your the best.