Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gudi

NEED HELP WITH DILUTING 100% TCA

Hi All,

Im new here and hoping you guys can help me with this TCA Peel kit I got.

Ive written to the seller more times then I can count, and each time she seems to vague for me to be happy.

I purchased 2 vials of 100% TCA, and I would like to do a 12.5 % peel, but I just cant get this whole diluting thing down in a manner that makes me comfortable.

Ive got with the TCA a paper with instruction, and all seems okay with me, but this is what it said for the dilution..tell me if Im being nutty, but:

To dilute 100% to 50 % add equal parts bottled water

To dilute to 50% to 25 % add equal parts bottled water

To dilute to 25% to 12.5 % add equal parts bottled water.

Okay, so Im reading this and thinking..WHAT THE HECK IS EQUAL PARTS?? I mean, I have no idea how much is in this..other then I think she wrote me back and said it was equal to a teaspoon..Still, does this mean..I have to use teaspoons when doing all of it..like the wtare too?? equal parts water???

I dont get it, and need help bad...I wanna do this before a friend comes in about a week and a half.

Any advice Id appreciate greatly.

Gudi

Take 1 of your vials and the same amount of water as TCA that is in the vial. If the vial holds 5 mil add 5 mil of water to make 50%. Then take your 50% solution which should have 10 mil total and add 10 mil more of water to make 25%. Now take to 20 mil solution and add 20 mil water to make 12.5 % solution. So in other words you could take your 5 mil solution and add 35% water which would make 12.5%. The mil is just a guesstimate on how much you vial contains. I used this as an example. You must store this in a glass bottle with a plastic lid. Make sure to use distilled water to dilute. Hope this helps.

Hi All,

Im new here and hoping you guys can help me with this TCA Peel kit I got.

Ive written to the seller more times then I can count, and each time she seems to vague for me to be happy.

I purchased 2 vials of 100% TCA, and I would like to do a 12.5 % peel, but I just cant get this whole diluting thing down in a manner that makes me comfortable.

Ive got with the TCA a paper with instruction, and all seems okay with me, but this is what it said for the dilution..tell me if Im being nutty, but:

To dilute 100% to 50 % add equal parts bottled water

To dilute to 50% to 25 % add equal parts bottled water

To dilute to 25% to 12.5 % add equal parts bottled water.

Okay, so Im reading this and thinking..WHAT THE HECK IS EQUAL PARTS?? I mean, I have no idea how much is in this..other then I think she wrote me back and said it was equal to a teaspoon..Still, does this mean..I have to use teaspoons when doing all of it..like the wtare too?? equal parts water???

I dont get it, and need help bad...I wanna do this before a friend comes in about a week and a half.

Any advice Id appreciate greatly.

Gudi

Okay, so lemme see if I got this yet:

I just looked up that a teaspoon, and it equals 5mil ( I had no clue that that was even a teaspoon :0 )

So, in order to get it to 50% I put a teaspoon of water in it, and then..to get the 50% to 25, I add another thing of water ( 1 tsp )..then to go to 25% to 12.5% I add yet another thing of water..

Is that it??? I sure hope I got it right this time...

Gudi

Gudi,

If you read my post carefully you will see that I was using this as an examplle. I have no Idea if a teaspon = 5 mil. I was just using it as an example. You will have to measure and see how much is in your vial and then just add equal amount of water. Or just measure out a teaspoon of solution and go from there.

Okay, so lemme see if I got this yet:

I just looked up that a teaspoon, and it equals 5mil ( I had no clue that that was even a teaspoon :0 )

So, in order to get it to 50% I put a teaspoon of water in it, and then..to get the 50% to 25, I add another thing of water ( 1 tsp )..then to go to 25% to 12.5% I add yet another thing of water..

Is that it??? I sure hope I got it right this time...

Gudi

Hi,

I finally got it all down, with thanks to your reply back to me, and the 5mil was on the money..the vials were a teaspoon ;)

Thanks for taking time out to answer,

Gudi

Please please order a straight 10 percent solution. Not the time to cheap and confused. 1O percent is  likely  20-30 dollars on Amazon. This your face and TC-Acid is an controlled acid burn. 

Please please order  a straight 10 percent solution on Amazon goes for maybe 20-30 dollars.  This your face no time to cheap and confused. I mean it.. 

Edited by ruthruth12
21 hours ago, ruthruth12 said:

Please please order a straight 10 percent solution. Not the time to cheap and confused. 1O percent is  likely  20-30 dollars on Amazon. This your face and TC-Acid is an controlled acid burn. 

Please please order  a straight 10 percent solution on Amazon goes for maybe 20-30 dollars.  This your face no time to cheap and confused. I mean it.. 

Why are you answering something that was written 14 years ago?