Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1. Did you oil reduce? And if so, by how much?

2. How long did it take you before you noticed an improvement?

3. What were some of your side-effects.

4. What was your dosage when you started and what is it right now?

5. How long do you plan on taking it?

Thanks. :D

1. Did you oil reduce? And if so, by how much?

2. How long did it take you before you noticed an improvement?

3. What were some of your side-effects.

4. What was your dosage when you started and what is it right now?

5. How long do you plan on taking it?

Thanks. :D

1. Yes, by a moderate amount. I stay with no oil for about 5-6 hours, then a slight amount comes. But it is never enough to make my face look like an oil slick anymore. Just a slight shine.

2. About 2 weeks and the improvments keep coming.

3. No side-effects for me, I guess I was lucky.

4. First the bottles arrived at my house, I took 5 pills that night(510mg each), next day took 10 pills, next day i took 15, and the 4th day I took the full dose of 20. I reached the full recommended does rather quickly, but I didnt want to wait any longer to begin with it. So day 1(2.5gr), day 2(5gr), day 3(7.5gr), and day 4(10gr)

5. For 3-4 months I will continue 10gr a day, then lower the dosage as needed. To continue forever... lol.

im using about 3 grams, for one week. 0 effects, i would say im breaking out even more..

I had an initial breakout too, and at a place which is pretty clear most of the time... my neck. Forgot to mention that in my first post. But it did get alot better shortly after.

im using about 3 grams, for one week. 0 effects, i would say im breaking out even more..

I had an initial breakout too... forgot to mention that. But it did get better shortly after.

yep its possible its the IB, but at only 3 grams ? im sticking with it max 3 weeks. if it wont work then ill throw it away

Ive been taking B5 for about 4-5 weeks. I have been at 10 grams a day(20 pills) for about 2 of them. Im seeing absoultly no results. Im getting whiteheads more than ever. I dont really notice the B5 doing anything. Maybe I need to stick it out longer, Im not sure.

I take 5 500mg B5 in the morning before work, 5 at lunch with a b-125 complex, 5 after work at dinner, and 5 at bed with another complex. Been doing that for about 2-3 weeks. I started off at 10 pills a day for a week, then 15 for a week, now Im at 20 a day. Hopefully it does something soon, cuz it just seems to be pointless for me. We'll see.

Ive been taking B5 for about 4-5 weeks. I have been at 10 grams a day(20 pills) for about 2 of them. Im seeing absoultly no results. Im getting whiteheads more than ever. I dont really notice the B5 doing anything. Maybe I need to stick it out longer, Im not sure.

I take 5 500mg B5 in the morning before work, 5 at lunch with a b-125 complex, 5 after work at dinner, and 5 at bed with another complex. Been doing that for about 2-3 weeks. I started off at 10 pills a day for a week, then 15 for a week, now Im at 20 a day. Hopefully it does something soon, cuz it just seems to be pointless for me. We'll see.

is your skin oily(in general, not since you started b5)?

is your skin oily(in general, not since you started b5)?

Actually no, thats why I was kinda sceptical if it would work or not. The only part of my face that produces a lot (which isnt much) of oil is my forehead, which has no acne at all. My chin, jawline, neck and back are the only parts that are really broken out.

i havent done b5 but i think b5 helps people that have oil as the biggest factor to their acne. This is my case, so i think it will work.

I forgot, what were the other factors to acne?

Other factors are usually bacteria and thats about it. The oil glands produce "food" for the P. acnes bacteria to feed off of. So if the oil production is seized then the bacteria has nothing to feed off of. Accutane does the same thing, but much stronger because its controlled vitamin A poisoning. The reason for this is because certain forms of Vitamin A attach to your fat cells, which Accutane does. Therefor it speeds up the process and makes it much more powerful. Vitamin B is water solluble so the excess B vitamins are flushed out when you urinate.

Im thinking of going on Accutane cuz Ive tried sooooo many different things. Was on Anti-Biotics for a year or so... tried all sorts of topicals, have done the Clearlight treatments, B5 and nothing. My acne has never been this bad in my life. Im 20, almost 21 and I never had acne (this bad) until about the middle to the end of 2005. Im wondering if I have adult onset, or whats going on... either way Im really sick of it and Accutane is calling my name even though it terrifies me. What worries me is if the B5 isnt working, will the accutane? I mean they both work on the same principal, cut down oil production...

i havent done b5 but i think b5 helps people that have oil as the biggest factor to their acne. This is my case, so i think it will work.

I forgot, what were the other factors to acne?

that's my case also... so i think it will work for me as well. :D cos when i took accutane, i never had an initial break out, my face started to clear up right away.

I had large pores and oily skin. I took 2g/day for 3 days, then went to 5g/day for 1 month. The past 2 months I took 6g/day which good, but not impressive results.

It did reduce the size of my pores, and my oil production did go down...but not by much. I don't think B5 is the answer for me...20 pills a day is too much.

The side effects I had were like, concentration problems.

I will say this though, those who had B5 not work for them should consider a candida diet/treatment. It's doing wonders for me.

I will say this though, those who had B5 not work for them should consider a candida diet/treatment. It's doing wonders for me.

Could you explain what that is? Thanks.

I was taking 10 grams of B5 per day and within three months I was 99.9% clear. Unfortunatly for me I stopped taking it and within a month my acne came back worse that it was before. I am back on it now and have been for the past four weeks. I am just hoping I get the same results that I had before I stopped the first time.

My skin got worse the 2nd day and then got better the 3rd and 4th days and so on after that.

My oil was reduced by a fair amount...now my face is fairly dry.

No side effects yet that I know of...maybe loss of energy, but I just started so I'm not sure if B5 is to blame.

I started at 3-4 grams for the first 3 days, now I'm at 6. Its only been like a week but it's working miracles already.

I plan on staying on it for 3-4 months and then seeing what happens.

Hi,

I have been taking B5 for about 6 months and had really good reaction, but about 2 weeks ago my skin just messed up! im so worried it will go back to how it was before, has anyone else had this experience?

i start b5 soon.

it's so confusing... everyone swears by different treatments... usually to sell their products. i've come to the conclusion that, i'm not a scientist, and even if i was it's not like science has found an acne cure! so, if something is alleged to work for a reasonable number of ppl i just try it. i don't even bother reading up on it anymore. i'm sure i get conned a lot, i certainly waste a lot of money, but i intend to try every treatment going until i find one that works.

is there any difference between b5 powder and pills? i'm starting on pills but may switch to powder as this is cheaper.

i may start a regimen log when i start the b5 so if you're interested look in that section or message me.

adios,

tim

it's so confusing... everyone swears by different treatments... usually to sell their products.

I don't think that people swear by B5 to sell a product, because you can get it from GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, or any number of websites. There is no maker that can claim superior B5, because it is a naturally occuring vitamin.

Anyhow, good luck.

As to an update on my B5...

I said I started getting better after the 4th day...well now it is 13 days and the right side of my face is covered in zits, 4 big ones and about 6 small ones. These are the kind that take at least a week to totally clear up, even the small ones. They are painful too. Hopefully this is an ititial breakout type of thing??? I have noticed that my face is not oily at all anymore. It used to be a little oily, especailly on certain days. Now it is totally dry.

Hi,

I have been taking B5 for about 6 months and had really good reaction, but about 2 weeks ago my skin just messed up! im so worried it will go back to how it was before, has anyone else had this experience?

The same thing happend to me but it was because I completely stopped taking B5. I was on it for three months and I cleared up 100%; about a month after I stopped taking it my skin broke out really bad!!

yeah i think ill just keep it up and hope it improves again!

Mman, i wouldnt give up after only a few weeks, some people say they saw results only after a few days, but personally it took me a couple of months and it was more of a gradual thing, but when it did clear up it was great!

good luck :)