Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
civ2

Is it OK to drink Orange Juice or any other kind of Juice?

It's been at least 2 years since I've drank any kind of juice, as I've been afraid the high sugar content would cause me to break out. But I've been wondering, since it comes from a fruit, and it's OK to eat fruit, is it OK to drink juice?

no its not ok.. if you drink any kind of juice your face will break out in horrible bumps.. and not only that.. you will feel them forming instantly after you drink it.

no its not ok.. if you drink any kind of juice your face will break out in horrible bumps.. and not only that.. you will feel them forming instantly after you drink it.

:lol:

It's been at least 2 years since I've drank any kind of juice, as I've been afraid the high sugar content would cause me to break out. But I've been wondering, since it comes from a fruit, and it's OK to eat fruit, is it OK to drink juice?

It is tough to say. According to some theories, I guess that the answer could be no. I have a glass of medium pulp OJ nearly every morning and that doesn't seem to affect me negatively.

... purest of all juices even my man juice

:lol:

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as it's real fruit juice and not the stuff that has other ingredients.

I think they're good. Apple juice helps your liver, and orange juice is good for your kidneys. I drink them the whole time and don't worry about it.

It depends on how Glucose Intolerant you are. Although with fruit juice, even 100% you are dealing more so with Fructose and as such, this produces a very different reaction in the body, and sometimes a different type of acne, than does glucose.

Me personally, I can't. Other's cant. Yet, some others can. So test it out by drinking 100% Orange Juice only (some people are sensitive to citrus fruits) and see what happens. Then test it out by drinking 100% apple juice and see what happens. If it does affect you, then test out whether it's the lack of fiber in these juices that matter by drinking whole fruit drinks (orange juice with the pulp, fruit smoothies that use all of the fruit, etc)

Best of luck!

It depends on how Glucose Intolerant you are. Although with fruit juice, even 100% you are dealing more so with Fructose and as such, this produces a very different reaction in the body, and sometimes a different type of acne, than does glucose.

Me personally, I can't. Other's cant. Yet, some others can. So test it out by drinking 100% Orange Juice only (some people are sensitive to citrus fruits) and see what happens. Then test it out by drinking 100% apple juice and see what happens. If it does affect you, then test out whether it's the lack of fiber in these juices that matter by drinking whole fruit drinks (orange juice with the pulp, fruit smoothies that use all of the fruit, etc)

Best of luck!

Yeah, to tell you the truth, I drink my OJ when I'm on the go... I wake up in the morning drink it down and then take a 10 minute hike to my bus stop (sometimes running part of the way because I'm a few minutes behind....), then I end up walking quite a bit on campus. That might help alleviate some of the negativities. I have noticed that if I have no-fiber juice later in the day when I'm just sitting around, I do feel kind of odd (but this could be due to any number of things, it just seems to correlate well with the juice). I'm not nearly as experienced as SweetJade... so take her word over mine.

i find that orange juice is bad for my skin (i guesss its something to do with the acidity) and i have heard that fresh apple juice is good for skin cos it has good cleansing properties but im not too sure about other juices...