Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MARLEE44

Mar's accutane journal

Your journal is awesome, it has really helped me out. Im about to go on accutane (just waiting for my bloodwork to get done). i was on tazorac and had a horible breakout, my face has started to clear but i didnt want to take any chances so i asked for accutane. Im a senior in high school so i am worried about accutane affecting my social life. but i asked my derm and she said that the bad breakout from tazorac i experienced may make the i.b from accutane easier. so thats awesome news, because other than that i am not looking forward to experiencing that again. Im curious do you take an vitamins or supplements? anything else i should be aware of?

Hope your doing well!

No, i dont take any vitamins or supplements. I asked my derm. about Vitamin E or anything else, and she said not to bother. I'm confused as to why shes saying that, but I don't see that many problems with my face. Almost 10 weeks and i'm seeing improvement. Just gotta give it some time.

WEEK 10 UPDATE:

Acne:

~ VERY LITTLE AMOUNT! I have like 3 blemishes total. and MINOR red spots. very happy right now :lol:

Side Effects:

~ Very little side effects... except for dry eyes, and dry inside my nose. Is it weird that my face is not dry? My lips get a little dry around the corners, sometimes bleed but otherwise they are fine. using aquaphor and blistex.

Routine:

~ Same as last week.... working well.

HALF WAY THERE GUYS! AND HAPPY ABOUT IT! :-D

<3- marlee

I AM SUCH AN IDIOT! I typed up EVERYTHING (and it was pretty long!!!) and i by accident erased it!

OK SO WEEK 11 WAS BAD IN THE BEGINNING CAUSE I HAD LIKE 3 ACTIVE BLEMISHES BUT NOW THEY ARE CLEAR. I PICKED THIS ONE BLEMISH A WEEK AGO THAT LEFT BEHIND DRY SKIN AND WHEN I PUT MAKEUP ON IT SEEMS A LITTLE NOTICEABLE, BUT BESIDES THAT... NOT MUCH ON FACE.

SYMPTOMS: NO DRY SKIN! ONLY DRY EYES (GETTING MUCH BETTER) EYE DOC APPOINTMENT SOON. AND SAME WITH DERM APPOINTMENT ON TUESDAY, SO BLOOD WORK ON SAT. WONDERFUL!!

ROUTINE IS THE SAME AS THE WEEKS BEFORE EXCEPT NO BP CAUSE I DONT REALLY NEED IT. STILL USING THE DOVE ALCOHOL-FREE TONER. ITS REALLY NICE!!!

GUYS IM REALLY HAPPY WITH ACCUTANE. MY SKIN ISN'T DRY,AND SAME WITH MY LIPS! AND MY SKIN IS GETTING BETTER WEEK BY WEEK, AND PEOPLE ARE COMMENTING. VERY PLEASED!!!

<3- MARLEE

11 WEEKS DOWN, 9 TO GO!!!!!!!!!

WEEK 12:

Acne:

Not too bad. I had a couple new blemishes this week, i have Noooooo idea why!! Had to get stitches on saturday, right underneath my right eyebrow... so it was harder to wash my face cause i had to keep them pretty dry so maybe that had to do with it... stitches out now.. scar BOO!

Symptoms:

Eyes are still the only thing dry. On my lips instead of blistex or aquaphor i've been using burts bees lipwax or whatever... its really nice. ugh... my face is getting more of a red tone... and i have red spots from previous blemishes.. oh well those will fade right?

Routine:

Same as last week. No bp.

Guys i can't believe its been 3 months!! This has gone by sooo fast!!

Not completely pleased with my skin this week... still using the concealer which im sick of.

12 down, 8 to go.

<3- marlee

Are you serious..... its been 13 weeks already!?!?!?! WHOAAAAAAAA

Week 13:

Acne:

~ Still some red marks from old blemishes, but other than that theres basically no new activity. I hardly wear any makeup anymore... it makes me very pleased with Accutane. biggrin.gif

Symptoms:

~ As of now i only have the dry eyes... kinda annoying!!! But no dry skin, or lips... guys is this NORMAL!?!?!?! Anyway, I start the swim team on monday... so i'll prob. be getting a lot more symptoms cause of the millions of gallons of chlorine... w/e i'll keep in touch each week.

Routine:

1) Cetaphil Wash

2) Dove toner (only at night)

3) Cetaphil moisturizer

~ Works great!! I recommend this to anyone whos on accutane...

IM SO HAPPY WITH ACCUTANE!!! And I'm so close to finishing!! And the scar under my eyebrow is not that noticeable... its fading. O:)

<3- marlee

13 weeks down, 7 to go!!!!

wow sorry guys. forgot all about this.

Weeks 14 and 15:

Acne: I have 1 blemish guys. Never thought I would see this day. I have one healing blemish on my right cheek. But i do have a red dot on my nose from skin that i stupidly peeled.

Side effects:

Everything is going smoothly. No dry skin on face or lips (SOOOOO WEIRD). I've been doing swimming for 3 weeks and i have to say to my skin seems to be a little dry on my body. my arms and legs itch sometimes from dry rashes. But once moisturizer is applied, im fine. But i was just looking at my legs and it looks like a filmy gloss coating was put on my legs -- they are so matte but shiny... odd. Like a week ago i missed my pill so that was annoying. Still taking 40mg a day except for wed. and saturdays. Blood work and derm appointment tomorrow! Hoping everything is OK.

Routine:

Same thing as last notice.

Oh yeah... the scar is still under my eyebrow. Slowly healing, but i haven't been wearing SPF on it to minimize scarring :-# and with goggles on it all the time... i know its going to be red for a while. sad.gif Oh well i guess thats what you have to pay for being stupid like me.

15 1/2 weeks down... 4 1/2 to go!!!

<3- marlee

P.S- I FINISH CHRISTMAS DAY!