Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Loves You

iPledge, no more Accutane, Uh oh. Help?

So, I got my prescription the 27th of Feb, derm told me NOTHING of iPledge, I still had Accutane so I waited to try to fill it on the 2nd of March. They would NOT fill it for me. So now I am stuck, I am taking 3 40's a day and only have 9 pills left today. The doctor does not have the iPledge number and probably won't for awhile. What should I do? Any suggestions on speeding up the process or elongating my 9 pills?

Thanks.

All I gotta say is that IPLEDGE is gay. It WILL NOT stop anyone from getting pregnant. Even without the aid of the program the doctor informs them of what birth control methods to choose and that birth defects can occur. The program is not needed. They wasted their money and time on the program.

Sorry about the pill thing. Why not take 2 a day instead of 3? I have some old accutane from siblings so that's my back up if this shiz happens to me.

Acnepiglet, it doesn't stop anyone from getting pregnant - it keeps the government and th FDA from being liable for the women who ignore the warnings and get pregnant. If you have express written documentation that they agreed not to get pregnant, the FDA can't get sued. The money they spent on the program is a lot less than the billions they would pay out for lawsuits and settlements. It sucks, I know for sure. But I heard somewhere that 150 women a year get pregnant while on accutane.

What's with the name anyway? I thought it was like a "I Pledge not to get pregnant" instead it's like iPledge as in an iPod. That one had me laughing for a little bit.

Yeah I had the same problem. Except I knew about the iPledge thing and I gave it to the pharmacy on time... BUT the pharmacy, as usual, didn't have any in supply. So I went to a million other places. But couldn't get it filled that day (the last day in Feburary, this was) and none of the pharamacys would allow me to get it filled the day after, EVEN THOUGH I gave it to them the day my derm prescribed it.

The money they spent on the program is a lot less than the billions they would pay out for lawsuits and settlements.