Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guys is anyone on here taking this?

I am about to order it for myself. I am SO scared but seems like this is the only option I have. Can't afford a derm and I'm really desperate. Going to order 500mg have it two times a day for a month. Thats how my derm prescribed it to me two years back and it helped. I need someone to tell me this is okay. I am really scared. Please help.

Guys is anyone on here taking this?

I am about to order it for myself. I am SO scared but seems like this is the only option I have. Can't afford a derm and I'm really desperate. Going to order 500mg have it two times a day for a month. Thats how my derm prescribed it to me two years back and it helped. I need someone to tell me this is okay. I am really scared. Please help.

i also took tetracycline. tetracycline was my first experience getting a prescription from a dermatologist. i didnt like the fasting requirements of tetracycline so he suggested minocycline. minocycline was very effective for about 5 months. he gave me a 1 year prescription and asked that i call him with any problems.

i sympathize with your frustration about not being able to afford a dermatologist. if you are on an hmo, have you considered talking it over with your primary physician?

Thankyou so much for replying

I'm still just staring at that pharmacymeds website debating whether I should order it or not.

The only thing I can afford right now is to order tetracycline online. And, I am hopeful since it worked for me like two years back. I just don't know if I should take the same dose 500mg two times a day for a month, and if it will be harmful in any way since i've taken it once before.

I hope some more people reply and tell me its okay and I'll order it then.

Going to order 500mg have it two times a day for a month. Thats how my derm prescribed it to me two years back and it helped. I need someone to tell me this is okay. I am really scared. Please help.

Depends on how severe your acne was then and now. I was on Tetracycline but 1000 mg a day seems high. I took that amount initially but settled to 250 a day after a few months. It was always effective for me at least.