Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihaveacneonmywonka

Does doing it only once a day slow the process?

depends dont it, some people find only doing it once a day helps them not 2 get the redness of the skin an therefore less iritation, but u also risk having new ones pop up on ur face coz ur not treating regularly

(bp only works for 12hours before u shud re-apply)

depends how severe ur acne is i guess

I'd say yes, because you're only doing it half the recommended amount.

If you spent 30 minutes in the gym, you'd gain muscle slower than spending an hour.

If you don't apply the BP often enough, you leave a window between applications where acne has a chance of emerging. For some people, one application per day is fine. I know that for the first couple months into the regimen, a once a day application would not have been enough for me. Now that I'm clear, I'm considering experimenting with a once a day application.

Once a day application of BP was never enough for me, and that really is not the regimen anymore. All through high school I applied BP before bed every night and it had a very limited effect on my acne.

I think once a day is not enough. Don't forget that the main cause of acne is a bacteria, Propionibacteria Acnes.

Only applying once a day gives the bacteria a chance to multiply between applications. You may never get your acne under good control that way.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

If you spent 30 minutes in the gym, you'd gain muscle slower than spending an hour.

Not true. Muscles fatigue and you actually counteract the positive results by over-working them. They need to be torn, then you have to walk away and let them rest and repair.

As for the actual issue at hand, i've heard that it's advisable to have BP treating the Acne regularly. Although the irritation causes much discomfort at first, i think it's just one of the down sides to using BP. I'd say you're better off using it twice.

The thing is though, I'd happily apply it twice a day if i could apply make-up without it looking flakey. Thats my only problem.

I'm having that problem as well. I figure that if I do the BP regularly, then the acne will [hopefully] eventually subside [and most likely quicker than applying it only once a day] so I can deal with the flakes and overall dryness for now.

If my acne wasnt in its current state, i'd happily apply this once a day but it makes u look red and sometimes the cream sticks to your hair lol, i kick myself for not startin this earlier :(

I'd say yes, because you're only doing it half the recommended amount.

Nope, that´s not entirely true... studies has shown that u get more out of the traning if u gym for 45 min rather than 60 min

I only do the regimen once a day and find that this is enough for me, but my acne is only very mild and I think that most people find they have to do it twice for it to be as effective as they want :)

Not true. Muscles fatigue and you actually counteract the positive results by over-working them. They need to be torn, then you have to walk away and let them rest and repair.

I'm aware of that, however, 30 minutes isn't the point at which most people would peak, is it? :P

I do it once a day, partly because if I do it twice a day all the time it bothers my skin, and partly just cause I'm lazy lol. I find my skin looks best if I alternate doing it twice a day and once a day, but eh, doing it only once a day leaves me with clear skin, just some clogged pores that aren't really noticable, so I don't really care.

hi i have been on the regimen three weeks..i started out once a day ramped it up to twice a day broke out more cuz it was getting the gunk out couldnt wear makeup cuz it would flake and my skin was beyond red and irritated..for the past few days i have been doing it at night and my skin is normal again..i do use aha in the day tho when im not applying bp now..but i will ramp it back up ina day or so now that spring is coming and the sun isout and i ned clear skin