Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moonb3am

feel like breaking down and crying tonight

I really feel like breaking down and crying tonight. I had flawless skin all through my teenage years. I never thought I would break out ever. I move to US about six years back and started breaking out BADLY about three years back. Not tiny pimples but big cysts all over my face. I would get five or six at a time. I am already a shy person and it was devastating for me. I would make up excuses and started to skip school. I would never want to go out with my boyfriend. I would be dying to meet him but would make up an excuse because of the way my face looked like. heck I even hated going infront of my family. I wanted to stay in my room. I somehow persuaded my mom to take me to a derm. We don't have insurance and my mom works, I felt really bad because of how much derms cost here but she agreed and luckily she took me.

I was put on tetracyline and my face started clearing up. I was soooo happy but it didn't last for long. About one year back I started breaking out again in deep painful cysts, mostly on my forehead. I have cut off from everyone again. My boyfriend of five years and I are drifting apart because I always make up excuses and don't want to meet him. I know he wouldn't leave me for this or anything but I just CAN'T face him like this. I absolutely hate it. I have tried EVERYTHING on my face. But its not helping, these days my skin has been gettign worse and there is absolutely NOTHIng I can do about it. Its really killing me. I can't even go to a derm because I do not have enough money. Atleast you guys have hope, you go to derms and you take powerful antibiotics. I can't even do that. Its really killing me. I'm breaking apart today. Everytime I think my face is starting to clear up I breakout with new cysts. I got two new ones today. Can't take it anymore. I wan't to order tetracycline from some website online desperately but I'm scared. My mom says it would be dangerous. But, I'm desperate. Can't go to a derm cos they cost so much for someone who doesn't have insurance. Don't know what to do. I'm really sad and depressed today.

awwww (hugs).

Your post is so sad, I wish I could give you a great big hug!

You're at the right place though, we've all be there, to some degree. Hiding from loved one's, feeling embarrassed, missing out on social events.

I'm sorry about your derm situation but I can understand without insurance, it can be quite expensive.

I'm going to have you read through Dan's Clearskin Regimen, even though it is typically best for mild-to-moderate acne, and yours sounds severe with cysts, all the products are available over-the-counter (no prescription needed) and you might get some clearing with it in time.

Read here, and see if you think it is something you can afford to do.

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

and feel free to PM me anytime if you need help with this, or just need to talk to someone.

hey thanks for replying

for some reason it made me cry.

I am going to read through the link you posted.

I really really hope it helps and I hope I can meet my boyfriend soon and not miss out any more school days because If I do bad in school and lose my scholarship I might not be able to go next semester at all

I just had another thought.

In college, there is typically a healthcenter that is just one of the benefits of being a college student. Is there a clinic or healthcenter for students where you go to school? If so, you might consider making an appointment for your acne, fees are usually reduced for students and possibly free, I think it just depends. But something for you to maybe look into.

you gave me a small ray of hope

I reallly hope they have a health center at my college and they have derms there.

will go look

thanks!

www.pharmacymex.com they are pretty cheap and shipping is free. best of all their products are great. i buy my antibiotics and retanin-a there. im takin tetracycline form there and from what it seems, i havent died yet lol

but also i would advise using that benzoyl peroxide gel here on the website its great stuff. you should be clear in no time.

no sense in giving free money away to a derm.

Dont isolate yourself, your friends will look pass your acne. I have pretty bad acne as well and I do feel uncomfortable going to places with a lot of people like my college's gym but i make myself go everyday. I know it's hard but dont forget to live your life.

oooo...Take it easymoonb3am

maybe you need to find out why it happens badly acnes when you live in US. maybe from the water,foods but i don't think the pollution's bad

well..i am a little bit worry now because I will move to US. this year and I hope my face will deal with it

Hang in there...like Brandy said,e know how you fee...check out your college's health care facility...

Hey I have Cyscts to dont worry you are not alone. And go face your Boyfriend if he loves you he wont leave you trust me, I have a GF that helps me out when ever I break out and she conforts me. So keep ur head up.

I also took Tetracycline. it worked but then I stope dtaking it, now I'm breaking out again so I'm taking it again.

Also try using Advil for the inflamation( So I've heard) and ice the cyscts from time to time...

Good luck!.

try accutane, if you can and are willing to do so. someone should prescribe it to you if you're suffering from cystic acne. supposedly, the cysts are never ever supposed to come back after and supposedly it works for like, 90% of the people that try it. currently i'm on it, and i suffer from those stupid cysts too, and i already see a difference after one month.

i know what it's like to skip school and stuff because of this. try going from a really confident person to not. acne pretty much blows. but you can rest assured that it won't last forever, just go out and do something about it! and good luck. :)

Thankyou everyone for your wonderful replies!!!

you all are really nice, its so good to talk to people who understand. I don't know why I didn't come to this place sooner. I realllly am thinking about going on tetracycline. I need someone to tell me it will be okay if I just order it on my own and take it. My moms scaring me, shes mad at me and says I'm taking it at my own risk.

I Will probably order it from that pharmacymeds website secluded posted.

For those of you who are on it do you take 500 mg, two times a day? When I went to a derm two years back thats how he prescribed it to me and it was for a month. You guys think there would be any side effects if I go on it again for a month? This is the only option I have I guess. Please let me know if you guys think this is right and I will order it tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone!

you all are really nice, its so good to talk to people who understand. I don't know why I didn't come to this place sooner. I realllly am thinking about going on tetracycline. I need someone to tell me it will be okay if I just order it on my own and take it. My moms scaring me, shes mad at me and says I'm taking it at my own risk.

For those of you who are on it do you take 500 mg, two times a day? When I went to a derm two years back thats how he prescribed it to me and it was for a month. You guys think there would be any side effects if I go on it again for a month? This is the only option I have I guess. Please let me know if you guys think this is right and I will order it tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone!

(((((((((((We've all been there. I am there right now. Best of luck.))))))))))))

i know ur desperate but honestly i would not mess with anything not prescribed. personally i dont wanna mess with antibiotics PERIOD. But that is up to you.

Thanks again everyone!

No I dont think it's a good idea to buy antibiotics online... I definitly wouldnt take the risk. There are other more gentle ways to treat your acne. Dan's clear skin regimen might works for you and it's pretty cheap but my personal experience with anything BP is only good for spot treatment. I just started applying jojoba oil and tea tree oil on my face after my shower or after I washed my face. My face calmed down a lot and my cysts are actually disappearing slowly but surely :) I stopped applying moisturizer as well since my face feel so good after I applied the oils. Best of luck which every path you are going to take.

BTW you can check out my acne picture from my member gallery when I was using benzoyle peroxide. I will try and post a newer pic since I have been on the oil treatment for about 4 (or 5 i lost count) days and I think my acne gotten a lot better as well as my overall skin.

I dont know if others on this site agree with my theory, but I am certian that milk in my diet caused my cystic acne. I stopped taking any milk products and after a few weeks my skin condition almost completely cleared up, I was however taking Minocin also, but for 3 months that didnt improve it at all until I stopped drinking milk.

I know exactly what your going through,.... exactly. I took off work for 6 weeks until it cleared up, didnt want to see my girlfriend, didnt want to tell her the problem, she was getting pi$$ed off and were not going out anymore !!!

I really hope you get on top of the problem.

Best of luck.

Dont be affraid to take tetracycline it's not even a bad Antibiotic...

Just make sure you cut off after a while...Start taking it once a day then once every day then go from there....

you can cry it all out its okay everyone here is going through the same thing as you are.... i'd say the best thing is to follow dan's regimen because its the closest thing to solve the problem... but just hang on tho if you need comfort were all here for u

Thanks again everyone!

I so know what you are going through. I have had bad acne since I was in 4th grade. Finally at age 15 I was given Accutane... yes it does work.. but the side effects can do permanant damage to your body. Yes it can cause many problems.. just remember it is a temporary fix.. it will only work for a short time after you stop taking it, it is not a cure!!! You need to try and figure out what is causing the breakouts.. for me I know it is hormonal.. and lots of oil production.. I am now 28 years old and after two pregnancies with no face trouble.. my skin has exploded with cysts and the whole works.. I am currently trying Vitacure B5 rather inexpensive, if you try it buy the pills not the powder the taste is intolerable. I am very into natural and vitamins. Antibiotics can be helpful but repetative use is not good and you eventually it will not work anymore... I would love to hear if B5 has worked for anyone. I know it usually takes at least 3 mos which takes a lot of patients to wait for results.. Good luck and let me know if anyone knows of anything besides accutane that works..

I really feel like breaking down and crying tonight. I had flawless skin all through my teenage years. I never thought I would break out ever. I move to US about six years back and started breaking out BADLY about three years back. Not tiny pimples but big cysts all over my face. I would get five or six at a time. I am already a shy person and it was devastating for me. I would make up excuses and started to skip school. I would never want to go out with my boyfriend. I would be dying to meet him but would make up an excuse because of the way my face looked like. heck I even hated going infront of my family. I wanted to stay in my room. I somehow persuaded my mom to take me to a derm. We don't have insurance and my mom works, I felt really bad because of how much derms cost here but she agreed and luckily she took me.

I was put on tetracyline and my face started clearing up. I was soooo happy but it didn't last for long. About one year back I started breaking out again in deep painful cysts, mostly on my forehead. I have cut off from everyone again. My boyfriend of five years and I are drifting apart because I always make up excuses and don't want to meet him. I know he wouldn't leave me for this or anything but I just CAN'T face him like this. I absolutely hate it. I have tried EVERYTHING on my face. But its not helping, these days my skin has been gettign worse and there is absolutely NOTHIng I can do about it. Its really killing me. I can't even go to a derm because I do not have enough money. Atleast you guys have hope, you go to derms and you take powerful antibiotics. I can't even do that. Its really killing me. I'm breaking apart today. Everytime I think my face is starting to clear up I breakout with new cysts. I got two new ones today. Can't take it anymore. I wan't to order tetracycline from some website online desperately but I'm scared. My mom says it would be dangerous. But, I'm desperate. Can't go to a derm cos they cost so much for someone who doesn't have insurance. Don't know what to do. I'm really sad and depressed today.

HANG IN THERE---I KNOW HOW U FEEL--THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THINKING OF YO --DONT GIVE UP HOPE

I dont know if others on this site agree with my theory, but I am certian that milk in my diet caused my cystic acne. I stopped taking any milk products and after a few weeks my skin condition almost completely cleared up, I was however taking Minocin also, but for 3 months that didnt improve it at all until I stopped drinking milk.

Well, my minocycline leaflet says not to have milk 2 hours either side of it because milk prevents absorption. So, if you've stopped dairy products for a few weeks it could be that you've just allowed the antibiotic chance to work.

You shouldn't make excuses to not see your boyfriend. You said you've been together 5 years? I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a year now and he is my best friend and I love him so much. When I got breakouts on my chin (big cysts), I tried to make excuses to not see him, cover it up with makeup, hide my face..but it just made me feel worse. But a few days ago we went on vacation and I had one come up. I just had to grin and bear it because I couldn't hide from him. I got more and more comfortable around him with my inflamed zit. I know he loves me no matter what. To him it doesn't matter what my skin looks like; he knows I have acne. And I'm sure you're boyfriend feels the same. Your acne can ruin your day, week, etc but don't let it ruin your relationship. I have found the best man in the world and I'm not going to let some stupid skin problem push him away. Its hard to let your guy see your when you're not at your best. He should see past your acne and if he can't, then he's not worth your time. Besides, when you feel down because of your skin, it ALWAYS feels better to have someone there to hold you and love you anyway. I hope that helped..

You need to sit down with your boyfriend and tell him how you feel if you want to keep him.

My prescription for Tetracycline is thru my regular doctor. I just called him up and told him what I needed and he called the prescription in. It didn't even require a visit. However I was on it a few years ago and he has that on record.

Thankyou all for your kind replies!!!!

I talked to my boyfriend about acne last night. I guess its hard for me cos I've been with him for five years and for the most part I had clean skin. He used to tell me one of the things he liked most about me was my glowy clean skin and when it started messing up BADLY I was just too embarassed to show up around him. But, I talked to him last night and he told me I was crazy to even think that it would make a difference to him. It did make me feel a little bit better.

Well I also started my course of tetracycline today. I REALLLLLYYYYYYYYY hope it clears my face up. Going to take it for a month even though it makes me a lil nauseated, I'm okay with it. Anything for clean skin.