Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi i recently finished a 6 month accutane course which has cleared ny skin but there are alot of red marks on my back where i had acne...im planning on hitting the sun - will it have any effect on my red marks?

thanks

hi i recently finished a 6 month accutane course which has cleared ny skin but there are alot of red marks on my back where i had acne...im planning on hitting the sun - will it have any effect on my red marks?

thanks

Just read the FAQ - sorry should have read it before posting.

What Damcal should have said was, "Yes, it will have an effect, and its not a great idea to do. More information can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions section."

~Peace~

I know this probably sounds stupid but... would it be ok if you applied sunscreen just to the discoloured spot?? so you could still tan (since i only have about 2 or 3)..

thanks

- Lauren

true, but skin is still very exposed to UV rays after BP treatment and accutane treatment, so if you do hit any sun, wear at least SPF 15 sunblock

Heck, baseball season is here, and im not going to give up baseball just becasue the sun might be bad for red marks. Im just happy to have gotten rid of all my breakouts.

i dont think tanning is a good idea. Wear sunscreen SPF 30 (minimum 15) on your whole face adn let time heal your red marks...