Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dim99992

To Jay, Scheibner laser

Jay,

I just talked to Dr.Scheibner's assistant and she quoted $7000 for full face resurfacing. Just wondering what type of sarring you have? You said she quoted 550$ for each sid eof the face. Do you have very minimal scarring? Can you tell me what type of scarring you have,please?

Thanks

dude just smoothbeam...that will fix that up or nlite.

thats something like i had before..sort of still have, but not much.

My scarring is pretty much similar to yours. The main reason why i am considering scheibner's is because of the disclorations(red/purple) and some large pores on my cheeks. I didnt send her my photo. As far as i know Smoothbeam wont treat discolorations and large pores. I saw the picture of a guy on their website who had severe discolorations from acutane and the "after photo" is really impressive. I dont have scarring that bad but i just want to get rid of it. And they said that they dont do any kind of mechanical damage to the skin. they will only heat the epidermis layer from the inside and no "resurfacing of the skin" at all.

And there might be some redness for like 3 months after the treatment and you should stay out of the sun. I will send them my pics in a couple of weeks and then decide.

You guys have isolagen and we dont have it here in US. That really sucks.

Dim, are you goign to travel to Austrailia to have the procedure done? or does she come here (to the U.S.) certain times of the year?

Jay, maybe we`ve had this conversation before but... i read that you are very susceptable to scarring after Accutane. I seem to develop a scar nearly every damn day, even from the tiniest blemish.

Do you have any idea when former accutane users can get scar treatments. I have been off of accutane for about 9 months now, and the scarring is still apparent to me. I too have shallow scars around my cheeks and jawline, although in the past monsth have developed small pore size scars between my eyebrows, i think this is the most depressing situation of all..

BTW, NILITE i think is the same thing as smoothbeam, or very similar, try searching for NLITE as opposed to smoothbeam in oz.

Dim, are you goign to travel to Austrailia to have the procedure done?  or does she come here (to the U.S.) certain times of the year?

Its not available in USA. You will lhave to fly to Australia to get it done...