Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest flutistgurl26

Tinted Moisturizer?

Guest flutistgurl26

Anyone have any experience with tinted moisturizer?

I'm a very fair skinned person and I burn really easily.. so I'm thinking of getting a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen in it. I've beeing thinking of getting one called Wet n Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer.. It sounds amazing! I've been reading reviews on it... It's only about 4 dollars, and many people are saying that it's better (or as good as) their high-end foundations.. Click here to see the reviews..

I couldnt find it at walgreens though... maybe target.. :)

Hi I use tinted moisturizer from time to time, but if you are looking for coverage it isnt the right thing. I have the wet & wild sheer and it is nice ! I like it a lot, but can only use it when i have my bumps under control. It helps with redness and makes blemishes less noticeable, but doesnt cover them. It hasn't broken me out, but it also doesn't say non comedogenic on it either.

Guest flutistgurl26

Well, thanks to the wonder drug (Accutane)... my skin is clear right now. I just have red marks left over .. so something like that would be good for me at this point. Thanks!!!

I'd be interested in a tinted moisturizer. Somethign oil-free and non-comedogenic, of course. I don't need anything heavy either as my skin is clear, I could just use a bit of light uniform cover, something that might minimize the look of my nose pores would be nice, lol. But I was thinking of a tinted moisturizer as well, since summer is on it's way, and a light something would be nice.

Any other ideas welcome for brands. I've never used one before so I don't know what is good or not!

thanks.

Try Revlon Colorstay Active Light Makeup.

What it does

Gives you light, sweatproof coverage with SPF 25 that keeps up with your active lifestyle.

How it works

Exclusive Color Stay® formula is sweatproof and breathable for a fresh-all-day look that won't rub off, even after exercise.

SoftFlexâ„¢ technology for lightweight, all day comfort that feels like you're not wearing makeup.

Oil-free. Non-pore-clogging. Non-irritating.

Hope this helps.

BOBBI BROWN TINTED MOISTURIZING BALM SPF 25

:shock:

lol why the shocky face labgirl ?

The ultimate sheer had nice reviews as mentioned in the original post. It has a little bit more coverage than tinted moisturizer, but looks really natural. Plus its only like 4$ a pop so it doesnt hurt to try :P.

If you're looking at drugstore stuff, I used cover girl CG smoothers TM for a year and never broke out from it. Coverage is extremely light and it's not matte, so if you want more coverage or have oily skin it might not be for you. It's very cheap, which is why I used it -- this was before moving to CA, when my skin was pretty perfect and I didn't see any point in spending a lot of money on minimal coverage. It has SPF 15 too. There's only 3 colors but the lightest worked for me when I was tan as well as pale, and my skin varies hugely between summer and winter -- it's sheer enough that a perfect match isn't necessary.

are you hating on my bobbi brown tinted moisturizing balm spf 25!?!?! :hand:

:razz:

but, no, seriously. is there something bad about this product that i don't know? i've been using it for over a year and i'll never go back to anything else.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I used to use a sunscreen by MD formulations that's SPF 30+. It also came in a tinted version. It's oil free and non-comedogenic.

The only reason i don't use that product anymore is because Howard Sobel, the guy who started MD, now has another company called DDF. The DDF sunscreen i use is exactly the same as the MD one and i can buy it at my Derms office.

Guest flutistgurl26

Well, I finally found the wet n wild tinted moisturizer at walgreens today (it was a little hidden in the store)..but I chose not to get it.... Instead, I decided that I'm just going to put on a good facial sunscreen and some concealer.. and thats it. One reason for that is because the tinted moisturizer only has SPF 15.. which I feel really isnt enough. And using it over a regular sunscreen doesnt really work because then I cant reaply the sunscreen without wiping off the moisturizer... But I think that I if just use a good concealer that should be enough to cover any redness, marks, or blemishes...

Shiseido makes a foundation/sunscreen with SPF 44 (I think) -- I know the sun protection is complete (unlike some foundations or moisturizers with sunscreen) and quite high. Based on reviews though I get the impression that it's fuller coverage than you want.

but, no, seriously. is there something bad about this product that i don't know? i've been using it for over a year and i'll never go back to anything else.

Turtle, I was just wondering, have you EVER had any problems with that moisturiser, cos like, after you recommended it to me ages ago, I did love it and all that, but now, less so. I've been breaking out recently, and I cant pin-point whether it's to do with the bb tinted moisturiser or not :confused:

The break outs seem to coinside with whenever I wear that tinted moisturiser, which is why I ask :think: But I dont know whether it's to do with that, or something else.

Just wondering... :whistle:

yea LabGirl, speak up! I need to know if there is anything scary here.

I second this ^

Enquiring minds need to know!! :think:

nope. i've been wearing it for a year and a half. and have had hardly any break outs. and those are usually around my period.

Hmm... maybe it's just me then :think:

Thanks though, Turtle :wub:

Anyway.. since everyone here is talking about Tinted moisturisers, I'm thinking of getting a new one once I've finished the BB (or maybe before :whistle: ).

I was looking on MUA and have decided to get, either:

Shiseido SPF 15 tinted moisturiser

Smashbox cooling tint (SPF15)

Boots No7 soft and sheer tinted moisturiser

What do you all think? and what one do you think I should get? Have any of you guys have any experience with any of these products? :)

I did a competative evaluation of it last year, and it just seems like it would be too rich to use on acne prone skin. Lauder makes Bobbi Brown stuff so it's well formulated (as most Lauder products are). It's got like 50+ ingredients so I won't go through them one by one, but on a whole it seems to have most likely a pretty high amount of oil-in water emulsifiers, which makes a nice stable emulsion, but the emulsifers can interact with epidermal lipids, and actually lead to an increase in trans eopidermal water loss. It's not oil-free, which doesn't really matter, but many acne sufferers have a sort of marketing induced phobia of the term "-oil" appearing on an ingredient labeling. It also has a high level of chemical sunscreens in it to acheive an SPF 25 label claim. I find chemical sunscreed to be greasy and also irritating when using topical acne medications like BP, SA or retinoids........

I remember applying it and feeling like it's way too heavy and rich for someone with oily/acne prone skin. Nothing in it screams comedogenicity, but it's probably not very suitable for someone with oily skin. All that aside it's probably great for someone with dry skin....

If you like it, and it doesn't make you break out than don't stop using it just because I gave it a :shock:

Well, since no one wanted to respond to my post... :boohoo:

I decided to get the No7 tinted moisturiser. I probably would have got the smashbox one, but I really havent had much time to run down to my nearest dept store :shifty:

Anyway, I'm gona see how I find this tinted moisturiser, and I'll update in a weeks time! :razz: For anyone that's interested, that is :whistle:

Well, since no one wanted to respond to my post... :boohoo:

I decided to get the No7 tinted moisturiser. I probably would have got the smashbox one, but I really havent had much time to run down to my nearest dept store :shifty:

Anyway, I'm gona see how I find this tinted moisturiser, and I'll update in a weeks time! :razz: For anyone that's interested, that is :whistle:

Hi summerbay im interested , i have never really tried tinted moisuriser , i have alwys wanted more coverage than they can offer , but i have tried prescroptives Traceless which is a bit like one , it is oilfree and really light in texture so you feel like your wearing nothing at all , it stays on really well because im really oily and it is fine on me , but it covers really well it airbrushes the skin and makes it look smoother , this is what i wear in the summer , you dont want heavy foundations in the hot months , Not that we get many hot months hear in England Ha Ha :lol: but you never know ! let me know how you get on with the No 7 one .

Cool woowoo, I'll let you know how I get on :D

Do you think the coverage of the prescriptive one is good enough to cover redmarks? (is it a foundation or a tinted moisturiser? and how much was it? just curious :shifty: ).

Thing is, considering I spent £32 on the BB one, I figured I'll give the No7 one a go, it was £8.50, so it was worth a shot :whistle: Only thing that bugged me, was the fact that there are only 2 shades. I bought the "fair" one cos the "medium" was like REALLY dark. But who know's. I'll wear it 2moro and I'll update everyone here :angel:

Cool woowoo, I'll let you know how I get on :D

Do you think the coverage of the prescriptive one is good enough to cover redmarks? (is it a foundation or a tinted moisturiser? and how much was it? just curious :shifty: ).

Thing is, considering I spent £32 on the BB one, I figured I'll give the No7 one a go, it was £8.50, so it was worth a shot :whistle: Only thing that bugged me, was the fact that there are only 2 shades. I bought the "fair" one cos the "medium" was like REALLY dark. But who know's. I'll wear it 2moro and I'll update everyone here :angel:

hello sumerbay , the prescriptive traceless is a tinted moisturiser it says on the box "skin responsive tint", it is very light in texture , but it does seem to cover , but depending on your skin , i think you would need a conceler as well . i use a conceler with everything i use anyway! i need to ! ha ha it was £20 not to bad , the colour is really good they do 5 levels , ive got level 3 , I would recomend it for a light foundation . It is just hard to ween myself off good covering foundation it just makes me feel more confident ! I got it from QVC the shopping channel , and i had to wait 2 months for it because it just sells out over hear , Did you wear your No7 one today ? let me know how you liked it ? x

This is the one you're talking about, right?! :think:

As for the No7. I wore it yesterday and am still a little undecided :shifty:

Firstly, I really like the fact that you actually FEEL like you're not wearing anything. It is definately light weight. I didnt get any "shinies" so to speak, I have a seriously oily t-zone, so that was pretty good.

The only things I'm still undecided about, and probably need to give the product a few more shots is as to whether it breaks me out or not. So far, it seems promising, but I dont want to jinx myself just yet. As for the shade... I think it might be a little too dark, but I'll give it another shot.