Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Craigems

How often do u wash your hair?

Basically i just wanted to know should u definantly always wash ur hair every day... I read up on a site which said yes you should, because alot of oil in ur hair can cause acne. Yeah i know what ur saying... so does everything else lol.

But it was just interesting because i havent washed my hair for 2 days now... and its bit greasy... and at the moment i'm having some trouble on my forhead with whiteheads... Association? dont kknow just interested to find out. So i can scrap it as BS... OHH it also said... something like You should wash the shampoo out of ur hair not over your face rather, face your shower nozzle so the shampoo comes off the back of your head to avoid irritation. :whistle:

If I wash my hair every second or third day my acne worsens. If I wash it every day it gets a bit better. I have been aware of this association with my own acne for many years. I can't say everyone's acne would get worse if they didn't wash their hair, but for me, and probably a number of others, this is the case.

I wash/condition mine daily. Prior to Accutane, I would do this because my hair got really oily after a day. Now that Accutane has reduced my oil output, I just wash it daily out of habit.

It's different if you're a woman with long hair (or a bloke I suppose, like shoulder length), but if you're not and you shower each day, like all people blo*dy should, then it's a piece of pi*s to wash your hair (a 1 min job if that) so why not do it everyday. Sorry, but sounds like a stupid question mate that deserves a stupid answer.

In that pic your hair looks short so do yourself a favour and wash it when you shower.

yeahhh out of curiosity, the guys with short hair who say they dont wash their hair every day: whyever not, it must take less than one minute. do you shower every day, and just not get your hair wet, or what?what's the point of that! i dont understand lol!

Gregas, Main reason i asked was because shampoo's can irritate the skin, it wasnt a stupid question in future dont reply.

I tend to wash it once a week, but recently since coming off tane my hairs been more oily than it ever used to be so i have to wash more. Thankyou to all those who replied with serious answers.

Hair products can irritate your skin, but personally I've never noticed it happening to me. I always wash out shampoo/conditioner so that it rinses down my back, not down my face. I use my hands to push the water back away from my forehead. If this makes any sense.

How often you need to wash your hair depends on the length/type of hair you have. I have long hair that isn't very oily, so I usually wash my hair every 3rd day or so. But that's just me. Some people need to wash their hair every morning. For guys, who typically have short hair, it probably doesn't matter much I'd assume?

One of my friends has decided that he thinks shampoo is stupid (who knows what that means) and hasn't washed his hair for a good couple of months. It's all stringy and greasy, plus, I've noticed that his skin has gotten dramatically worse. He used to have mild acne, but now it's clustering on his forehead, hairline, and cheeks. His hair is pretty long, below his chin, and he doesn't pull it back so it's always in his face.

As such, I would definitely recommend washing your hair at least once in a while if only to keep your skin from freaking out.

some of you guys are disgusting and need better hygene.. washing your hair once a week... thats just disgusting i was my hair 2 times at day at least... eww..

I dont know what you consider washing you hair is? just wetting it with water or something?

and if you actually use shampoo i cant belive u do it 2 times a day!! Jesus christ you must go throgh a lot of shampoo!!

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I have a neatly shaven head. Number 4, but i grow it longer than this. I wash mine with shampoo & conditioner around twice a week. It gets wet most showers though. I don't like to wash it too much with shampoo etc...

I remember when I was 17-18 years old and I didnt know a shit about acne and fighting it... However If I hadnt washed my hair for at least 4 days (for example when on a boat trip and when everyone doesnt have no shampoo or smth like that) I definetely knew that I would break out. So yes if you can-wash your hair every day. I try to do that. Or at least every 2 days.

some of you guys are disgusting and need better hygene.. washing your hair once a week... thats just disgusting i was my hair 2 times at day at least... eww..

Two times a day is excessive and probably isn't good for the hair. My hair would be ruined if I did that - it would be so brittle and dry.

I shampoo & condition my hair once a day because I have an oily scalp, but if oil wasn't a problem, I would wash mine every 2-3 days. My mother has dry hair and she can go 5 days without washing it.

Right now my scalp is so dry from Accutane that i only wash my hair once a week and it could go longer. Normally i wash it every second or third day. When it's shorter it needs it and can tolerate it more often, when it's longer just the opposite. I never noticed hair washing frequency effecting my acne in any way.

(lol) 2 times a day... at least?? Damn that's nut I can't picture whatever your hair must look like. I wash it (with shampoo) once a day and I plan on cutting back to every other day when I go on Accutane. The problem is I use gel, so to get that clean feeling I can't just rinse my hair out with water and shampoo every other day. Anyone has advice?

Yeah okay UPDATE... Been washing my hair every day and guess what... the acne on my forhead has slowly been calming down .. basically gone now! ... Definantly is a link there! ..

Mind you i've been overly cautious not touching my face with my hands n stuff and its paid off... Now i gotta keep it up :D Thanks for the tips people ... i do recommend washing ur hair v. frequently :)

well i wash my hair every time i shower which is in the morning and night so if u have longer hair and u have oily hair then it really prevents your forehead from breaking out.....