Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone. Well I'm strating Clindagel today and I was wondering if anyone had any experience w/this. I'm mostly scared of breaking out b/c as it is, my skin is a mess right now. If you've used this product, please let me know if u had any success with it and if there was any intial breakout or negative aspects about using it. Thanx a lot!

Has nobody used this medicine? U may not it better as clindamycin phosphate. Anybody?

I've used it successfully. It's also called Cleocin-T gel. Clindamycin is the generic name. It's a topical antibiotic.

Break-outs do happen on it initially for the first couple of weeks. After that things will start getting a lot better. Do not miss a day. And I really think it's best to apply it at night and in the day. If you're doing other things to your face at night, then I suppose it'll be a day-only thing, which is fine too. Go heavier on spreading it on at night if it's an option, and let it dry before going to bed.

Me personally... I gave up cleocin-T gel for the most part because even applying it at night and day didn't make my acne disappear completely. I got close to it sometimes, but there was always a bad flare up on occasion. Plus I felt that it was getting into my blood stream because my intestines were starting to get worse after a while. So I stopped doing it. I may switch back to it if what I'm currently doing later on turns out to stop working. I think what would've improved it greatly would be to add differin and/or use something to exfoliate. That's probably why it wasn't quite perfect for me.

Nowadays I've got a program that's working more consistently for me. At night I wash my face with Carley's finishing soap. Then I apply differin cream to my entire face, but only a very thin film. Also note that I'm not using the gel, just the cream, it's much less harsh on the face. In the morning I use Carley's finishing soap again to wash my face. Then I apply Carley's acne cleanser (2.5 % BP in liquid form). Then I rinse my face 2 minutes later. The result is pretty good. Nearly 100% clearing, and it's pretty consistent. A little redness in the face, but it's hardly noticeable. And no intestinal problems. Plus it exfoliates pretty well.

Steve

By the way. I didn't think the gel was as good as the lotion form. But I don't have as much experience with the gel form. The gel is clear whereas the lotion is opaque, but when you put it on your face, it seems the lotion settles into your skin better than the gel. The gel I could see sort of shiny on my face hours after applying it. Plus it seems the lotion is better if you're using differin or benzoyl peroxide as well, since those things irritate the face, and the lotion should moisturize the face. In the summer, however, a gel may be better since your face will already be a little more oily and therefore will need less moisturizer.

Steve