Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rydefxdawl

Bare Escentuals Makeup AMAZING!!!!.. its all pure minerals!

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

I have suffered from acne since grade 6, and have used every type of acne treatment known to man... (minocin, accutane, proactive, murad, steveamyacin gel, differin gel, all drug store product availiable in Canada)... Although I am crossing my fingers that I have my acne under control. When i do not have it under control makeup is the only thing that makes me look and feel beautiful...

I am a makeup guru! From drug store brands (covergirl, maybelline..) to high end department store brands,, NARS, Bobbi Brown, Stila, Chanel, YSL, Clinique... I have found the best covering foundation ever!

Recently while in West Palm Beach Florida I visited a Sephora and decided to try the Bare Escentuals makeup line they sell. All i have to say is WOW... i purchased the $60.00 USD Bare Escentuals kit which comes in different colours, light, medium, dark etc... I purchased the medium kit which contains 2 shades of SPF 15 mineral foundation powder, the Mineral Veil ( a translucent powder to set your foundation), and the Mineral Warmth shade (a warming bronzer).

The kit also include a flawless application brush (larger fluffy round brush), maximum coverage brush (small foundation brush) and the kabuki brush (for full coverage)... and skin reverupper moisturizer...

Anywho, using the small max coverage brush after moisturizer on blemishes.. i dip the brush in the powder.. tap off the excess and apply on my skin.. LISTEN UP i have oily skin.. my skin is not as oily after using the product and my break outs have diminished because this foundation loose powder is 100% pure bareminerals...

HONESTLY.. GIVE IT A TRY... I USED TO USE SO MANY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS ON MY FACE AND WITH A SHORT SWIPE OF THIS NEW MIRACLE FOUNDATION I LOOK WONDERFUL AND I HAVE GREAT COVERAGE AND LESS ACNE.. GO TO WWW.BAREMINERALS.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION...

Hope this helps all you beautiful people out there,

*Bentley*

Guest PokaHotAz

i use bare minerals and i love it... but this seems like spam

I use BE too, but this does sound like an advertisement...plus the member just joined today at 5:37?hmmmmmm It is good to hear personal testimonials but not a blatant sales pitch.

I tried BE and preferred it to liquid foundation but I have since tried a bunch of other mineral makeups (Jane Iredale, Pure Luxe (my fave), Larenim, Melange, Aromaleigh) and liked them all better than BE. I just don't like the shiny look that BE gave my skin. BE is just the company with the best marketing so everyone knows of it. That doesn't mean it's the best.

now a reall good make up is almays new line they make conceler powder and foundation in tons of shades i have the one for dry skin and it lasted all day and i have no brake outs :dance: i have been useing it for like 4 days and love it !!!

and i agree this sounds like an add not a post !who starts a post with hello ladies and gentalmen !?!?!?!?!?

Bare Escentuals is so over-rated and hardly amazing. It always seems to clump up on my skin and makes my pores look huge. Even Covergirl works better for me, but I have yet to a find a make-up that leaves a flawless finish.

Bare Escentuals is so over-rated and hardly amazing. It always seems to clump up on my skin and makes my pores look huge. Even Covergirl works better for me, but I have yet to a find a make-up that leaves a flawless finish.

I agree , i keep trying it cos i think it is good for your skin , but it makes my skin look shiney and my pores massive ! I love almay clear makeup , i have been using it for a month now and my skin is actually quite clear . I want to thank wasting time away , for that cos she raves about it all the time , thanks babe ! :clap: yes that does sound like sales talk, i hate that , this site is for people to talk honestly about what products they have used , I have got so much useful information from it from all you guys out there . THANKS x

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

I have suffered from acne since grade 6, and have used every type of acne treatment known to man... (minocin, accutane, proactive, murad, steveamyacin gel, differin gel, all drug store product availiable in Canada)... Although I am crossing my fingers that I have my acne under control. When i do not have it under control makeup is the only thing that makes me look and feel beautiful...

I am a makeup guru! From drug store brands (covergirl, maybelline..) to high end department store brands,, NARS, Bobbi Brown, Stila, Chanel, YSL, Clinique... I have found the best covering foundation ever!

Recently while in West Palm Beach Florida I visited a Sephora and decided to try the Bare Escentuals makeup line they sell. All i have to say is WOW... i purchased the $60.00 USD Bare Escentuals kit which comes in different colours, light, medium, dark etc... I purchased the medium kit which contains 2 shades of SPF 15 mineral foundation powder, the Mineral Veil ( a translucent powder to set your foundation), and the Mineral Warmth shade (a warming bronzer).

The kit also include a flawless application brush (larger fluffy round brush), maximum coverage brush (small foundation brush) and the kabuki brush (for full coverage)... and skin reverupper moisturizer...

Anywho, using the small max coverage brush after moisturizer on blemishes.. i dip the brush in the powder.. tap off the excess and apply on my skin.. LISTEN UP i have oily skin.. my skin is not as oily after using the product and my break outs have diminished because this foundation loose powder is 100% pure bareminerals...

HONESTLY.. GIVE IT A TRY... I USED TO USE SO MANY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS ON MY FACE AND WITH A SHORT SWIPE OF THIS NEW MIRACLE FOUNDATION I LOOK WONDERFUL AND I HAVE GREAT COVERAGE AND LESS ACNE.. GO TO WWW.BAREMINERALS.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION...

Hope this helps all you beautiful people out there,

*Bentley*

Hey I work for a cosmetics company too, and I don't go pushing the products my company makes on this site....Oh and Bare Minearals are not "pure minerals from the earth." They use the same pigments that are used in liquids foundations and pressed powders. It's true that metal oxides, mica and bismuth oxychloride are minerals (bismuth used in cosmetics is synthetic though), but they require quite a bit of processing before they are considered cosmetic grade pigments.......

It's great that they're preservative free, and talc free (but isn't talc a mineral too???), but I actually know how they make them.....nothing really "natural" or "pure" about it.....

All that aside I actually use Bare Minerals......

My sister is an esthetician, and she had been using Bare Escentuals makeup but she told me she had heard about Color Science, and that it was supposed to be much better.

I had semi good luck with the Color Science but It wasn't blowing up my skirt and it is very pricey, so I tried Bare Escentuals, and I loved it at first, because it covers well and doesn't look too much like you have makeup, but lately I have found that it feels great and looks great in the morning but by noon, I am greasy and I can feel the makeup which drives me crazy.

I have had moderate to severe acne, in my teens (which cleared at 17) and then from age 25 to now (Im 29) which has a cycle every month where its not too bad then It gets terrible during or after my period, it is terrible and I can't get rid of it. The reason I chose the Bare Escentuals was because it is advertised as "good for your skin" or at least not damaging, and I thought it might help with my acne. Right now I can't figure out if I am going through my normal bad acne cycle or if the Bare Escentuals is causing problems too. It sure feels like "physically" it is making my skin oily and cakey, and it doesn't look to great after 8 hours.

I really like how great it feels in the morning and I have never had makeup that doesn't look like I don't have makeup on EVER. I don't want to stop using it because its reasonably priced, and I do like it. I think sometimes I use too much, but if I don't use enough you can see my terrible looking face :( My sister hardly ever wears makeup because she has much better skin than me but I am addicted to it because I feel like im ugly without it, so she tells me not too wear makeupat all! (she is bias because she is a nurse and esthetician and just doesn't understand how ugly I feel)

I guess I am wondering if someone has had similar experience and maybe some advice on how Im using it, or if maybe I just need to change my other facial habits, or if Bare Escentuals isn't that wonderful and I should try a differnt mineral makeup. (I would like to stick with the minerals) I am thinking about using proactiv and also try Dan's skin care regimen, to see if my skin will clear and then I don't have to put on as much. Im babbling please just give me your thoughts if you like.

I would definitely recommend starting Dan's regimen. It's cheaper than Proactiv and actually works in the long term. And it will help to cut down on the oil too. But there is an adjustment period when your skin will be red and flaky. If you can hang in, it will be clear and beautiful in 1-3 months if you follow the Regimen exactly. I used to get really oily all over my face, even my cheeks, during the day. Now it's just my nose that gets oily and my forehead a little bit. In addition, I would suggest trying some other minerals besides BE. I also found BE to be o.k. but too shiny looking. I found many other mineral makeups that I much prefer to BE and they are also cheaper. You can order samples for $1-$3 each so you can try a few to see which you like the best. Here are the ones I tried and liked, Pure Luxe being the best for me, but everyone is different so you may prefer a different one. All of these give a nice matte finish, as opposed to BE, which can look shiny. And they all claim to be good for your skin, like BE. Who knows if that's true but none of these broke me out at all.

www.larenim.com

www.melangecosmetics.com

www.pureluxecosmetics.com

www.janeiredale.com for info, www.skinwest.com to purchase (this one is good but very pricey)

www.aromaleigh.com

Hope this helps!

Ok , I cannot believe you people!

#1 I do not work for a Cosmetics company- i just know my makeup, its an interest and I felt like sharing what worked for me to possibly help someone else

#2 I am not trying to pitch any type of sales on anyone.. this is what I found that WORKED for me.. it was just a suggestion.. take it for what its worth

#3 - When it comes to your skin- cost should be an issue- don't buy crap and put it on your skin- it can make it worse! Purchase products with ingredients recommended by your dermatologist and for your skin type

#4 Again, I repeat, this is a suggestion for makeup.. this message board is for people making suggestions as to what worked for them and what could possibly help others... we are trying to help eachother here... that is the POINT OF THIS MESSAGE BOARD... ladies and gentlemen.. HA!

Pearl,

I've been suspecting for a few months that BE may be to blame for my current acne problem. When I moved to Dallas last May I began breaking out more, so I switched to BE, as it is advertised for being better for your skin than other makeup. However, my face now looks terrible. I've got acne that is completely different from what I had before I used BE--red bumps all along my cheeks. A while ago I saw a post speculating about BE and if it can cause acne, and a few people said that an ingredient in it has been known to cause acne. I'll post a new topic and this and see what I can find.

I tried BE too and I loved the whole concept of it but it just made my pores look huge and just made my oiliness look even worse by noon. I have ordered some samples from pure luxe too and cannot wait to get them. Just a note to pearlstar if you order from pure luxe you can put in the comments section that you want the oily mix meaning she will add something extra to the foundation/powder that helps with oily skin.