Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

18 yr old with moderate acne, lots of pigmentation from old pimples ( ughh really want to get rid of that!!)

Current routine :

AM

Wash with Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser

Tone with Clinique's Mild Clarifyin

Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 45

Bobbi Brown Blemish Concealer

Clinique's Oil Free Sheer Pressed Powder

PM

MAC Cleanse Off oil

Aveeno Ultra Calming Cleanser

Clinique's Moisture Surge for Thirsty Skin

Avene's Diacneal ( I need to buffer the Diacneal - too much irritation! - but i really works :)

Would love u're suggestions on what I should add to my routine. Right now, I having problems mostly with pigmentaion. I have several flat reddish brown marks on my face , due to which I can never step out of my house without makeup.. I wish i could thoughh.. PLEASE HELPPP

I was thinking - maybe Apple Cider Vinegar/Baking soda or Aspirin Mask - where do I add them? U're comments are REALLY appreciated! thanks a lotttttt!

Guest pppapillon

I use NeoStrata toning solution (8% glycolic acid) to fade away my red marks and it works really well.

Your regimen looks good. The MAC Cleanse-off oil doesn't clog pores? (I'm scared of anything that says it has OIL in it.) I've never tried the vinegar/baking soda or the aspirin mask.

Would love u're suggestions on what I should add to my routine. Right now, I having problems mostly with pigmentaion. I have several flat reddish brown marks on my face , due to which I can never step out of my house without makeup.. I wish i could thoughh.. PLEASE HELPPP

I was thinking - maybe Apple Cider Vinegar/Baking soda or Aspirin Mask - where do I add them? U're comments are REALLY appreciated! thanks a lotttttt!

Truthfully, I think all you need is patience. How long have you been using the Diacneal? I have heard that it's a fantastic product for getting rid of marks (NB to readers: Diacneal contains retinaldehyde and glycolic acid).

Since your skin is still getting used to the Diacneal, I would NOT add any more acids to your routine (the aspirin mask = salicylic acid = bad idea). The ACV/baking soda could be OK, but don't scrub!!!! Retinaldehyde makes your epidermis quite fragile, be GENTLE with it.

I use a retinol product myself, and I love it. But I have learned (the hard way) that when you are using highly active products, patience is key -- and sometimes less is more.