Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

If i get accutane, since im only 15 will it..

My derm said after the course it should stay clear for up to 7 years, but im wondering since im only 15, going on 16 in 2 and a half months (may 24) that if indeed it lasts for 7 years, will i be grown out of it by the time im 23? My sister is 21 and she still gets pimples once in a while, so im just wondering for all of u past users who took accutane around 15-16 did u grow out of it before the acne had a chance to come back?

Theres no way of telling whether it will come back or not. If it is acne that you're going to grow out of by the end of your teens, then its more likely to kill it off for good. If your family has a history of persistent adult acne, then it may well come back, but its impossible of telling whether it will be 7 years or 7 months. All you can do is go on it and see what happens

mine lasted about 2 months-3 months. iv had 2 courses in 3 yeasrs on 8 month courses 40 mg. my acne haas come back worse both times

see with me there is no history of it...will it come back...or there is no way of knowing

Your doctor likes pulling things out of hat apparently.

mine lasted about 2 months-3 months. iv had 2 courses in 3 yeasrs on 8 month courses 40 mg. my acne haas come back worse both times

yeh i know i asked for a higher dosage. but the whole point is it made my acne worse. instead of just red acne i get fukn massive white heads now its really bad and im so temted to squesse they are so fukn ugly i hate it. kinda wish i never had tane

yeh i know i asked for a higher dosage. but the whole point is it made my acne worse. instead of just red acne i get fukn massive white heads now its really bad and im so temted to squesse they are so fukn ugly i hate it. kinda wish i never had tane

You're one of the 2-3% of unlucky ones then mate for who it doesn't do much for. Sucks.

it did it totally cleared my skin except for red marks. guess what after the tane it came back worse so i dunno what to do. should i go on another course it would be my 3rd

how bad was it before u started?? 2 courses is usually for severe acne, was urs severe?

Is it possible that what you may need is something less than tane? Antibios??!! God only knows unless you try...