Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My mum bought a product for her eczema called salcura INTENSIVE. It worked wonders for her. The salcura brand also do a acne treatment spray called antiac and i wondered if this would have similar good results. I have read hardly any reviews on the internet on it though. Its a very natural product:

Ingredients:

Aqua, Aqua minerale/brine, Maris sal (Dead Sea Minerals), Melaleuca Alternifolia, santalum Spicatum, Hoppophaes Rhamnoides, Leptospermum Scoparium, Melaleuca Pillida, Glycerine, Aloe Barbadensis.

http://www.skinlightcosmetics.co.uk/prodde...d=salant&cat=20

looks like an ideal natural BP replacement which i am looking to switch to because BP is so drying.

Ingredients in english include: dead sea minerals, tea tree, manuka, sandalwood, aloe vera and other ingredients i cant quite translate. (melaleuca pillida???)

Most of those are antibacterial.

What do you guys think?

ooo found out the Hoppophaes Rhamnoides is actually seabuckthorn oil...looks interesting. I guess no1 has tried it. I'v ordered some for £9.99 off ebay, ill report bak later

ooo found out the Hoppophaes Rhamnoides is actually seabuckthorn oil...looks interesting. I guess no1 has tried it. I'v ordered some for £9.99 off ebay, ill report bak later

Ok cool keep us posted.

Going to start using this.

They had a TV show in the UK where they tested a range of 'spot-fighting' products and this came out on top.

It just smells like Tea Tree to me but we will see. I will give it a week and see if I notice any improvement.

Going to start using this.

They had a TV show in the UK where they tested a range of 'spot-fighting' products and this came out on top.

It just smells like Tea Tree to me but we will see. I will give it a week and see if I notice any improvement.

I saw that show too! I ordered the products on the evening of the show and even in 5 days i am so so happy with the results. i noticed that someone said earlier in the posts that it broke them out...this happened to me too after 2 days so i called the company up and they said this did happen sometimes because the products is causing bacteria to rise to the surface and causing inflammation. they told me to basically keep using it until that bacteria comes free from the skin and low and behold it has...still some left but i'm going to continue this for another week so see how it goes. my doc told me that what works for one person doesn't always work for everyone - which is true...but something like this that as been independently reviewed on TV is worth a go i think :-)

Yeh I used it twice now and noticed it started to break me out...

I am too scared to continue using.

So here is the video clip, shown on a UK TV programme called 'Embarrassing Bodies'.

They tested a number of different acne products on the market in the UK and 'Salcura: Antiac' came out on top.

http://youtu.be/gwAd9QX_ZSQ

I ordered some of this and did notice it appeared to break me out. But for the sake of acne.org and anyone reading I am going to continue using this product and let you all know the results.

Today is DAY 1 [MONDAY]:

Currently my skin is quite spotty in the side areas on my face [my problem-area as it is know known] as you can see:

unled1dt.th.jpg

They suggest using the spray 2-3 times a day. Personally I am going to stick to just morning and evening after washing my face with a simple E45 face wash. I will let you know how I get on as the week progresses.

Edited by spillett

Hiya - I also bought the Antiac after the show. I got deliver last Thursday 9th and been using it since then. I too have come out with breakouts. These are really bad ones too. On the forehead only, where I normally get zits. I used Acnecide prior to this. Spoke to a rep at Salcura today over the webchat and she confirmed that I should continue as it is releasing the bacteria. But the zits are really bad. Three large sore ones and about a dozen small hard whiteheads.

Anyway I think i will continue and see what it does by next week. Ill keep you all posted.

Thanks RAK.

Today is DAY 2 [TUESDAY]:

I haven't noticed many more spots on the surface of my skin. When I spray the Salcura onto my skin it does feel like it tightens the skin a little and I have noticed my skin feeling slightly less greasy. That said, I haven't as yet noticed my current acne reducing or fading....

Hiya - Nearly a week and I have broken out a bit more. No more painfull ones just a bumpy looking forehead.

I will still continue using it. See how it is next Monday.

You are right defo less greasy skin. My skin does feel better really soft rather than dry and tight looking. Defo not dehydrated.

Lets see what it does next Monday 20th.

I may even speak tot eh agents at salcura again to confirm this is norm for getting a breakout.

I stopped using it.

I tried it for 4 days and although my skin was feeling better my breakouts were still coming. And the acne I had already before using Salcura was not going away.

Back on BP.

Hey, I also bought Salcura Antiac spray after watching the show and I've been using it for 2 weeks now.

I also had breakouts after using it for 2 days and it has been getting worse since! I would say in the 1st week of using it, my skin kept getting breakouts. In the 2nd week, it calmed down a bit, but my skin wasn't improving. I have small pumps on my foreheard, which I rarely get spots there, an little on my chin, but my cheeks have been the most affected. At the moment, the left-hand side of my cheek is okay but I still have some small spots, but the other side, I have an huge spot with an few other spots surrounding it, which is really blemished! :(

Thus, I'm unsure whether I should continue using this product. I might go back to my usual cream that I used before which I was fine using, though prior to using this spray I still had an small amount of spots before, but it wasn't as bad as I have now! I might continue using it for another week and see how it goes. If it gets worse I'll probably stop using it!

However, my sister and my brother, who are also prone to spots and using this spray, finds that the spray is improving their spots! So i guess it shows that if the spray works for one person, it doesn't entirely guarantee that the spray would work for you!

Hi

Ok it's Monday 20th and Salcura has bought out more. It's dealt with the ones it bought out last week. I had to squeeze a few of them. I have another two since this lunch time. This is bad news I think. I may need to go back to my acnecide. What you think guys?

I still have millia type spots deep in my forehead. Any ideas what I can do? Keep going or BP???

Hey I decided to stop using the salcura spray last tuesday and went back to my usual spot gel! my skin has improved since! although i still use the salcura spray before i go to bed, compared to the usual routine of spraying it 2-3 times a day, just want to finish the product really!

At the moment, my skin is taking a while to heal, its just blemished with small bumps on my skin. I really want it to go away as i like seeing fast results, so I've literally started using Rosehip Oil, which i first discovered on a magazine quoted by the wonderful Liz Earle (if you haven't heard of her b4, her products are amazing!). So i'll see how this amazing oil, as i heard, works for my skin, though i might not post my reviews on this blog since this is a completely different subject! :P but if someone is interested, then i'll probably keep you guys updated.

P.S. In the subject of Liz Earle, I seriously (lieterally seriously!) recommend a face mask Liz Earle Deep cleansing mask. It works wonders on spots!! :)

It worked for me!!

been using it for 2 weeks now. initially had breakout and was calling for money bakc and told was normal to have breakout for first couple of days cos of the bacteria leaving your skin or something. was seriously skeptical and obviously reluctant to keep going but still had lots of product and weeks left before money back guarantee was up so thought i'd give it another week.

redness and inflammation have now nearly all gone. no more nasty pustules only a few blackheads left but skin feels lot smoother and fresher and nice and hydrated. skin is the best its been in years. so happy :)

used products before though that have worked for a bit and then seemed to stop working after about 6 weeks so i will keep you posted.

but right now i cant recommend enough! hope it works for others too.