Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slmonkey2

Question for those who had bad side-effects on Accutane.

Have any of you had back, joint or muscle pain on Accutane.?

If so, please tell us your physical condition at the time you experienced this from the choices below:

1. Exercise multiply times per week, mostly weight/strength training.

2. Exercise multiply times per week, strictly cardio or playing sports, no weight training.

3. Some exercise, no consistent training program or no regular activity.

4. No exercise, besides breathing, eating and occasionally getting up from the computer to go to the bathroom. :D

Thanks for your participation.

slmonkey2 (Tom)

Just wanted to refresh this thread to give everyone who had pain on accutane a chance to respond. I know you're out there.............. :whistle:

slmonkey2

"1. Exercise multiply times per week, mostly weight/strength training."

I have not noticed any significant muscle aches, or at least not more than before I started accutane.

I excercise every single day with weights. I go to the gym 3 times a week to do just weights, while also doing over an hour of sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, and chin-ups on the off days. I do some "cardio", but I don't think they would be appropriate to post on this forum.:lol:

I'm on 60mg/day for Accutane. I have a 150 cholesterol rating. I weigh ~145lbs/5'10" (Asian). I am rather lean. I used to work out a lot more, but I stopped for quite some time. I started up again about 5 months ago.

IPB Image

I hope this helps your survey.

I worked out up to 5 times a week. Running, heavy lifting etc. I have been taking it easy now. (3x a week) I had a ton of back pain at first. Now I notice that I fatigue faster and I am sore longer. Might have to do with the fact that I eat shitty now. Not any weaker, but I just seem to be stiffer and more sore in general. Knees, arms etc... Feet hurt really bad for some reason. Most of the pain is at wakeup or when I have been sitting for a while.

I worked out up to 5 times a week. Running, heavy lifting etc. I have been taking it easy now. (3x a week) I had a ton of back pain at first. Now I notice that I fatigue faster and I am sore longer. Might have to do with the fact that I eat shitty now. Not any weaker, but I just seem to be stiffer and more sore in general. Knees, arms etc... Feet hurt really bad for some reason. Most of the pain is at wakeup or when I have been sitting for a while.

I have felt like I have less energy. I do the same workout(5x a day, heavy power lifting routine)but it seems to take me about 20 min longer to do, and I seem more tired.

1. Exercise multiply times per week, mostly weight/strength training.

I started my accutane course right before I went into my PE course. I am training to become a firefighter, and I have 2 hours a class 3 days a week. I was worried that while I would be on Accutane my body would collapse, but it hasn't and it doesn't seem like it will be anytime soon.

I'm on 40mg a day and I'm on month 4 now. I do some intense working out and so far I don't think any of my joints or muscles are irregular. So in other words I am fine doing 2 hours of heavy training and cardio every other day.

I haven't worked out our played sports since going on tane 2 weeks ago. But my ASS hurts from sitting for 16hrs studying last night. It's sore, as though I had a butt workout.

I haven't worked out our played sports since going on tane 2 weeks ago. But my ASS hurts from sitting for 16hrs studying last night. It's sore, as though I had a butt workout.

Lol, that must happen tane or not.

Why are some people weight training every day or 5 days consequetively? Have you no idea that in order to build muscle, prevent strain and pain and achieve your overall gain you need to have rest periods in between training. I train on a Mon, Wed, Fri and intense cardio on sun. Mainly benching weights, but I still rest.

Doing this will prevent continuous aches. Of course I ache after I finish training on Tane, but even so, it would be far worse if I kept training day after day.

Fish oil tablets DEFINATELY help too, that I and many others can guarantee. Vit E is a placebo.

YES! I have been extremely sore in my joints and muscles afterwards. It sorta feels like my hips are gonna break sometimes the next day!

FireGurl26,

What dosage are you on?

slmonkey2

Fish oil tablets DEFINATELY help too, that I and many others can guarantee. Vit E is a placebo.

Don't take cod liver oil while on tane tho! It contains loads of Vit A.

Vit E is not a placebo.

Why are some people weight training every day or 5 days consequetively? Have you no idea that in order to build muscle, prevent strain and pain and achieve your overall gain you need to have rest periods in between training. I train on a Mon, Wed, Fri and intense cardio on sun. Mainly benching weights, but I still rest.

Doing this will prevent continuous aches. Of course I ache after I finish training on Tane, but even so, it would be far worse if I kept training day after day.

Are you retarded and cannot comprehend the idea of splits?

Monday-Push Day, mainly bench and some sub free weight stuff

Tuesday-Cardio and Abs/core strength Day

Weds-Legs, squats and other leg sub excerises

Thurs-Cardio and Core strength/abs

Fri-Push Day, Bumbell Press, Back, tri's and anything I may have missed on Monday.

Are you retarded and cannot comprehend the idea of splits?

Monday-Push Day, mainly bench and some sub free weight stuff

Tuesday-Cardio and Abs/core strength Day

Weds-Legs, squats and other leg sub excerises

Thurs-Cardio and Core strength/abs

Fri-Push Day, Bumbell Press, Back, tri's and anything I may have missed on Monday.

Apologies, misread the question slightly, but even still many people are doing 24/7 weight or weight gain training. As for being retarded, I think you know 'where to go'.

Lol, that must happen tane or not.

no my butts never been this sore from just stitting. I've sat for 3 days straight and it wasn't that bad. :D

I've had joint pains. Especially my back when I bend over for a bit and then stand up straight, it hurts. My stomach hurt the other day; I was laying down on a hard floor, then got up and I was in so much pain. I've layed on floors like that a bunch, but I know it's because of the accutane that it's making me hurt.