Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

state a few minor details that will help all the readers in there respective cases.

For example, State..

1. How bad ur acne was in the 1st place

2. If u didnt have cysts before, did u during the IB?

3. Side-Effects experienced

4. When it started kicking in

5. For past users, did the acne come back and when?

Its hard trying to relate to cases u read on this board without knowing those 5 simple facts, so thanks for everyone who actually will take the time to post them.

I had pretty mild acne.

Didn't have them, I got 1 during the IB on my chin but wasn't that bad.

Dry skin

Chapped lips

A lot of nosebleeds

Tiredness sometimes

After about a month I started clearing and at the end of month 3 I was completly clear.

I didn't yet, and hope it doesn't :dance:, I've been off accutane for about a year now.

I was on 20 mg for the first month and 40 mg for the other 6 months btw.

Guest Tenshi

i had moderate acne, many whiteheads, blackheads, mainly on cheeks, chin, jawline area..a mess

i had small cysts on my face, not the monster ons..during the course i experienced a couple monsters..but they came and went pretty fast.

Dry skin

Chapped lips

rectal bleeding ( :shhh: ) lasted 3 days..horrible but over with

high cholesterol problems

excema patches, came and went..

noticable results at month 3 where i wasn't getting any new pimples, existing pimples were drying up..face seemed fresh, complexion seemed more even in colour...month 4 was most dramatic as in smooth cheeks..it only gets better from then on :) happy days..

im on a 8 month course at 40mg a day..i didnt take more because my lips were getting a beating from the drug..im at month 6..95% clear..im sure i could be 100% if i was healthier with diet..i eat ANYTHING i like and never breakout...if i do breakout its that time of the month and they go as soon as they come..its my 1st course...

Moderate. I had cysts on the sides of my chin and occasionally on my temples. Usually about 2-4 a month. My skin was also extremely oily.

I did have cysts, and those went away almost immediately after I started taking 'tane. Had a minor IB that lasted about two to three weeks.

Some of these hung around, some came and went: Dry skin, nose, and lips; swollen gums; canker sore breakout on gums; slight depression; depressed immune system; slight drop in appetite; slight drop in weight; dry eyes occasionally; eczema; breakouts in odd places; itchy spots that would come up every once in awhile; chalazions; slight muscle aches/weakness towards end of course; slight joint pain towards end of course; acne never totally cleared, but the "zits" I did get were very small and gone within hours of showing up.

I quit getting cysts shortly after one and a half months into the course, but I still got the odd little dot here and there throughout the course.

I'll have been off for a month on Sunday, and I've just found two little dots last night. Not sure if this is a sign of things to come, but if it is, I'll be hightailing it to the doc's ASAP. I'm on Tazorac and Yasmin for maintenance, and it should be mentioned that this is the week of my period, so those two dots could be related to that.

Mild and persistant through use of topicals and antibiotics.

I didnt have any before...I do not think...but during the IB I got one on my chin, it wasnt bad, though.

Tightness of chest, dry lips, skin, rash on my hands and arms, hair shedding.

Right from the first 2 weeks but really well at about one month and a half in.

N/A